Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Shows what the forecasters know

Well while the UK was preparing for Midlands snow on Thursday night I slept well knowing that Scotland was going to be free from snow,,,,,,,,,,

Alarm went off at 6am and it seemed lighter than normal outside and oh heck yeh!!!! SNOW.

I got ready and set off from Stewarton to Yarm, all roads to the M77 were still heavily snow laden, the M77 had one clear lane one "suicide" lane, heavy snow falling,,, JOYFUL! and so there I sat all the way to the end of the M77 onto the M74 which wasn't a great deal better as far as about Moffat!

Then I got to pres on a bit still below freezing however, but not too bad.

At Jct 40 for the A66 Scotch Corner it was overcast and below freezing my heart began to sink, and sure enough at the end of the dual carriageway at Penrith, the fog rolled towards me and what a Pea souper it was, and once again delays sank in.

I cleared the fog on the other side of the Mountains thankfully and eventually reached Yarm (stunning place for those who don't know it ) at 11am.

After a good site meeting at the new Health centre, it was off South to Bradford,and those who were listening to Sally Traffic yesterday know the A1 was shut, so at Ripon it was a case of going Cross Country entering the area at Leeds Bradford Scareport then dropping down to the meeting venue in Woodroyd.

Ahh well soon be heading home, so at 5pm, it was time to head North an the traffic was again not helping. I finally got back home about 9pm to find a very ill wife, so once again the poor Vectra was called on to get her over to Crosshouse for a night appointment with and emerg Doc!

I finally tucked her up in the garage at 11.30pm 555 miles further than she had at 6am the same day.

And I loved every minute she was stable safe and a wonderful companion to have with me and all done on Pirelli P7 summer tyres too

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There was snow forecast for the Thursday evening, overnight, and early morning (affecting west Scotland and M74)

I was working on the M6 on Wednesday and Thursday in Lancashire, just made it north as the snow started as we knew we would not be working on Friday
    I was down to 30mph on the M73 and M74 on Wednesday morning a 4am, eventually the HGV behind me realised why I was going so slow and we both had to straddle lane 1/2, due to the heavy rain
    Further south we both had to use lane 3 in order to overtake vehicles
    The Police didn't seem too bothered either about the HGVs using lane 3, or the straddling of lanes
    Shap was fun on Wednesday morning as well
    Last edited by m8internet; 17th December 2011 at 23:21.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Interesting read. 555 miles in thjose conditions on summer tyres with no Dramas. Makes me feel better driving about my nearly new Neutons. Now Wendy's back from hospital no need to go anywhere in a hurry.
    Was a little concerned waiting for her to be discharged Friday pm, 1pm became 2pm, then 3pm and 4pm, and the weather outside went from heavy rain to high wind and them snow - then magically all stopped when she was finally released home!

Thread Information