Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default New owner....

Hi,

New member joined tonight. Picked up my 55' reg Vectra c 2.2 SRI yesterday. Bought as changing contract with the company that I work for and now need a car for commuting rather than getting the train.

Car itself has only covered 40k miles and has full (although indie) service history. Been reading up about all of the common issues and preparing myself for some expense at some point.

Please correct me if I am wrong but thus far have established the following:

1) need to check with vx that the fuel regulator recall has been undertaken
    2) oil squirter should be new version on my car so cam chain should be ok until 70/80k miles?
    3) has siemens hpfp which means at some point I will need one of these but need to make sure it's the continental one that I replace it with. How long do these things tend to last? Should I be thinking about just swapping it now before it becomes an issue?

Anything else I need to know or be aware of?

I have bought a couple of drop links as getting a bit of a clunk over speed bumps and also bought full set of plus, full set of filters and some 10w40 semi oil for a quick service myself to make sure I know it's all done and can forget that for a while before I start using the car after the new year.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here.

Cheers
    Steve

Quick edit to say hopefully not start of a problem but I have done about 500 mileson the car with no issues and then got spanner light for about a second and then it disappeared...pump or regulator...hopefully not already!
    Last edited by Stevie76; 18th December 2011 at 21:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You bought the wrong oil. It should be 5w30 unless you plan to change it more often than recommended?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

welcome to vec-c steve.. Looks like you have been doing some reading and are off to a good start, its refreshing to see.. i am not familiar with the issues on your engine but i think you have outlined most of them.. Also check with the dealer to make sure the handbrake recall was done i think the chain tensioner was one that changed in later service kits to the version used on my engine but somebody else will confirm that..

If i remember rightly though you can get on a vosa site to see what recalls exist for you car http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/reca...hes/search.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Welcome...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hello

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2007

Welcome. I have one of these on a 56 plate.
    First thing I suggest you do is contact Vauxhall and see whether there is/are any outstanding recall(s) on it - mine needed the fuel pressure regulator doing (but not the HPFP, unfortunately).
    Second thing would be oil and filter changer. Then you're ready to mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    You bought the wrong oil. It should be 5w30 unless you plan to change it more often than recommended?
    Yeah I will drop it out probably every 8k miles....the 10w40 was recommended by the guys on Z22se.co.uk and seems like the popular choice given the price of the 5w30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    welcome to vec-c steve.. Looks like you have been doing some reading and are off to a good start, its refreshing to see.. i am not familiar with the issues on your engine but i think you have outlined most of them.. Also check with the dealer to make sure the handbrake recall was done i think the chain tensioner was one that changed in later service kits to the version used on my engine but somebody else will confirm that..

If i remember rightly though you can get on a vosa site to see what recalls exist for you car http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/reca...hes/search.asp
    Cheers.....yeah I like to know what I am dealing with and the forums are a wealth of information....no doubt I will ask a question soon that's been posted before though

Never got a chance to call Vauxhall today but will in the morning. Been researching prices for replacement pumps and regulators and looking at £350 for both items...not cheap!

Think most folks indicating the chain is good for 70/80k so will probably aim to do that around the 60k mark to be safe. Tensioners making no noises at all from cold start ups so will keep listening and change as soon as I hear something or at 60k...whichever comes first.

Really enjoying the car so far....everything seems to work and once I get the drop links and service done this weekend hopefully is good for some big miles hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI XP1

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie76 View Post
    Yeah I will drop it out probably every 8k miles....the 10w40 was recommended by the guys on Z22se.co.uk and seems like the popular choice given the price of the 5w30.
    Good idea, I changed mine every 5k on my old 2.2 (y plate so older set-up) however you get alot of condensation in the chain driven engines for some reason, so a good oil filter and flush regularly gives them a new lease of life. Well worth the £30 to do, My mrs has the 1.2 chain driven corsa, that gets changed every 5-6k aswell

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra

Trim : GTC VXR

Engine : 2.0 Turbo Petrol

Year : 2015

Mileage : 3,200

Welcome to the site!