Thread: Suspension advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Suspension advice

I should be getting my adjustable suspension this week for my Signum, can't wait!!
    Now before I go fitting them I need some advice.
    I need to put the springs onto the front shocks and know I need to get bearing and both covers but what else do I need to put the springs on (screws etc to keep it together)??
    Without taking the old apart which I don't want to do I have no clue.
    Does anyone have any advice on what height is best to have adjustable at for normal roads journeys?
    Is the Signum design suspension a standard height or am I correct in thinking it is 15mm lower than the standard?
    Also, I am going to do the back first, do I need to compress the springs on the back or can I just fit them?
    Anyone know of any special tools I require or would be a great help for this?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

when u say screws do u mean the bolts holding the shocks / struts on?? the bolts from ur old suspension should be fine to use again to mount with. Give them a nice wire brush if they need some tlc. I know the SRi's sit lower but i'm not sure about the Design's.
    To compress the springs u can take them to Quick Fit who "if they are nice" will be able to do it on a machine, some places are funny about it if they dont do the work. Or you can buy a hand held tool to do it with (like these [ame="http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/380171401134?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&va r=sbar"]DRAPER PAIR SPRING COIL CAR SUSPENSION COMPRESSOR TOOLS on eBay![/ame]), However..... word of warning, if they slip because you havent used it right then be prepared for the spring to uncompress rapidly and potentially hurt you These are two metal clasps which tighten to compress the spring, they grip the coils and literally as you tighten them, pull the spring together. My old man has a set and i've seen them slip... was nearly a nasty accident.

Thread Information