Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Interior heater.

Hi Guy's.

Having problems with my heater, it comes on, then the minute you start driving it starts to lose power, and if you go over any slight bumps it cuts off altogether.

Once it goes off, if you try turning it on i get nothing, but you can hear like a clicking sort of slight clunk to the left of the dashboard.

It is a 1.8 2004 vectra estate.

Thanks fellas, any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi guy's

I have checked everything, nothing is blocked, however i removed the fuse cover, the one inside the NS door, and when i try turning the heater on it clicks in the fuse box, and you can actually feel the clunking when you put your hand on the large orange fuse, when i took it out and tried the heater again, there was no noise.

I also removed the glove box and found the same thing happened on the revers of the fusebox, and the click-clunk was louder, and seemed to come from the fuse if you acan call it that, it is about a square inch, with i think four prongs on it, and again it does the same as the orange one when you try and turn the heater on, and nothing when you remove it.

Any ideas what it could be fellas, like i say when the heater does come on, if i drive over any small bumps it cuts off completely, like something is loose.

Come on guys help me out, the snow it on it's way!!!!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi guy's

I have checked everything, nothing is blocked, however i removed the fuse cover, the one inside the NS door, and when i try turning the heater on it clicks in the fuse box, and you can actually feel the clunking when you put your hand on the large orange fuse, when i took it out and tried the heater again, there was no noise.

I also removed the glove box and found the same thing happened on the revers of the fusebox, and the click-clunk was louder, and seemed to come from the fuse if you acan call it that, it is about a square inch, with i think four prongs on it, and again it does the same as the orange one when you try and turn the heater on, and nothing when you remove it.

Any ideas what it could be fellas, like i say when the heater does come on, if i drive over any small bumps it cuts off completely, like something is loose.

Come on guys help me out, the snow it on it's way!!!!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

soumds to me like a loose connection somewhere although with you stating you get a clicking noise when you fiddle about could be a faulty or loose relay
    try wobbling the relays where the clicking noise is coming from
    sorry i cannot be more helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by crispy007 View Post
    soumds to me like a loose connection somewhere although with you stating you get a clicking noise when you fiddle about could be a faulty or loose relay
    Every reply is helpful, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Quote Originally Posted by crispy007 View Post
    The fact you can here the relay clicking kind of suggests the relay may be working (usually when they're faulty, they dont click at all!) I'd be inclined to check the connections to the blower motor as well! since its takes a jolt to kill it this kind of suggests a connector or bad connection somewhere

does the whole heating control panel lose power, or just the blower (does the rear window heater and the A/C switch work)

And obviously check ALL the fuses!

Also this may seem unrelated at first, but if you open the bonnet, look under the passenger side where the white pollen filter is against the bulkhead, there is a rubber grommet below this which can get bunged up with leaves and such, this can cause water to build up and eventually flow INTO the blower which can cause all sorts of problems (brilliant design there!!!) check thats clear, if you know you've cleared it out in the past, theres a chance the blower motor itself may be at fault

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mungo1985 View Post
    The fact you can here the relay clicking kind of suggests the relay may be working (usually when they're faulty, they dont click at all!) I'd be inclined to check the connections to the blower motor as well! since its takes a jolt to kill it this kind of suggests a connector or bad connection somewhere

does the whole heating control panel lose power, or just the blower (does the rear window heater and the A/C switch work)

And obviously check ALL the fuses!

Also this may seem unrelated at first, but if you open the bonnet, look under the passenger side where the white pollen filter is against the bulkhead, there is a rubber grommet below this which can get bunged up with leaves and such, this can cause water to build up and eventually flow INTO the blower which can cause all sorts of problems (brilliant design there!!!) check thats clear, if you know you've cleared it out in the past, theres a chance the blower motor itself may be at fault
    When the heating is on, for the short length of time it lasts that is, A/C works etc, but when it goes off nothing comes on.

yet the heated rear window does still work though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

remove the glove box left hand side. then look up under the dash near the door post you will see a blue small relay i think this little bu**er is your offending article.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Quote Originally Posted by hippo View Post
    remove the glove box left hand side. then look up under the dash near the door post you will see a blue small relay i think this little bu**er is your offending article.
    The small blue relay only controls blower speeds 1 - 3, easy way to check if its this, if you blower only works on 4 then this may be the culprit.....

If this does seem to be the culprit, I may have a spare one at home!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mungo1985 View Post
    The small blue relay only controls blower speeds 1 - 3, easy way to check if its this, if you blower only works on 4 then this may be the culprit.....

If this does seem to be the culprit, I may have a spare one at home!!!
    The heater works on all four, but goes off after a few mins, although whilst off i can still feel a small amount of heat coming through the screen vent at times.

It seems to lose power when i drive over a tiny bump and the just shuts off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information