0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cdti fuel feed pipe

Hi guys, my first problem in another thread on the bonnet catch! reason for opening it was to change the fuel feed pipe which ruptured a few weeks back and was patched by the AA to get me home, it's started to leak so I bought a new pipe from VX at a cost of £67!

This is the pipe that runs from top of fuel filter and goes down the bulkhead then joins at the floor pan under an engine mount.

will be fixing this when I get the bonnet open! any advice on the job welcome, it's a metal then into plastic pipe

thanks Ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same pipe just burst on my Vectra too. Is this yet another common fault on these cars? Mine split in the rubber section of the pipe and the new one has also cost me £67. It was £67 plus VAT but the guy in the parts department discounted it so that it only cost me £67. Not getting delivered until tomorrow, then I've got the joy of fitting it and trying to clean up the almighty mess in the engine bay.

I've had nothing but bother with this car over the past couple of years. Front springs, rear springs, fuel throttle body, thermostat, now this fuel line. I've never had a fuel line rupture on any car I've ever had before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've eventually managed to get this pipe replaced. Probably easier if you've got an inspection pit or hydraulic ramps, but if you're crawling underneath access is a bit restricted.

I released the quick release pipe underneath the car first and drained the small amount of diesel lying in the pipe into a container. Access to the back of this quick release pipe is awkward but the adjoining pipe can be twisted round enough to bring it round to the front. If you then release the top section of the pipe where it enters the fuel filter, it will ensure the pipe is completely drained of fuel. The new pipe DOES NOT come with the blue quick release plastic clamps at either end, so you'll need to carefully remove these from the old one in order that they can be reused. Why Vauxhall can't supply the already overpriced pipe with a couple of new 10p connectors is anyone's guess.

There are about 7 clips which need to be undone and a bracket fixed to the right hand wheel arch which also needs to be released for the duration of the job. The bracket can be released from inside the wheel arch itself by tapping the centre of the plastic pins with a flat blade screwdriver and hammer. Do it carefully and it can be reused.

If you are wondering which way to feed the pipe, it cannot be put in or taken out from the top, it has to be done from underneath. You'll need someone to help guide it from the top whilst you're feeding it from the bottom or vice versa.

There is a bit of manipulation required to guide the old pipe out and the new one in, but you'll get there with a bit of patience, or in my case with a lot of cursing Vauxhall for all their common faults.

Once the new pipe is in place, reattach it to the adjoining pipe on the underside of the car before reattaching all the clips and bracket. I got my assistant to turn on the ignition to prime the system and purge all the air out of the pipe. As soon as fuel came through I quickly connected it to the filter, having carefully positioned it beforehand.

One last thing. The new version of this pipe does not have the rubber hose section. This has been replace with plastic, which obviously isn't as flexible as rubber, so be careful not to kink it when you're feeding it through.

Good luck.
    Last edited by John LE; 14th April 2012 at 19:28. Reason: Swear filter bypass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,
    Did you do this on a cdti 120 or cdti 150 ? I'm trying to get the route the pipe from underneath but it seems impossible on a 150. Do you know the part number of the part you used ?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine went last saturday and gotta have the fun of doing the same this weekend
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodluck! I managed to do mine after 2 nights of trying.
    Make sure you have lots of space underneath to work from. You will need a helper so make sure the plastic part of the pipe does not bend.
    The hardest part for me after getting the fuel pipe into poosition was getting it located correctly behind the exhaust.
    If you have not got the part yet, the fuel pipe is part number is: 13181980

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

struggling on this one, cant seem to get it past the bottom of the steering UV joint

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, sounds like you having the same problems as i did. it does go, but i slightly bent the metal part of the pipe to make it eventually fit in.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i undid the 13mm pinch bolt on the UV joint and made it a lot easier by pushing the steering column up out the way, all in now and clipped into place... tested and working

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    i undid the 13mm pinch bolt on the UV joint and made it a lot easier by pushing the steering column up out the way, all in now and clipped into place... tested and working

knew you would find a way round it . so this was a one man job now .

. irmy door pins, pedals,chrome /elec folding mirrors covers.parking sensors/ window tints all round.blue led dash conversion.debaged /k+n filter twin mij cat back exhaust . xp front spoiler and irmy boot spoiler .b8,s and H+ R springs. afl, headlights

Thread Information