Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default teach me.

i would like to clean my egr valve and inlet manifold and boost sensor on my 2.0dti 2004 , but im not confident enough to do it and was wondering if theres anybody near me whos done it before could give me a lesson, willing to travel as long as its not hundreds of miles away.

shes starting to smoke a little and would just like to give it a good clean..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To be honest your probably in the same situation i was last year. On my old fiesta i had to clean the butterfly valve and ISC valve. It took me a month of reading and even then i wasn't confident, in the end i bit the bullet and just did it. As is always the case, a couple of bolts and a spray of carb cleaner and it was all over in 15 minutes of work.

If you can get someone to help or tell you face to face as you do it then great. But if not just get the bits you need and get yourself in there. Start with the EGR valve, simply because its almost impossible to mess up, once you've done that you'll probably have worked up enough confidence to do the sensor (which is just as easy, you just cant throw it up against a brick wall for obvious reasons).

Every new job i come across i get into the same predicament, and it always ends up being unwarrented. You forget its a big block of metal you throw up gutters and down pot holes daily, its gonna take some hard work for you to do irrepairable damage to it (actually, with the type of jobs your going to tackle, unless you have no common sense at all, its gonna be hard to do any damage at all)

Thread Information