Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoxan View Post
    I would move back to the UK tomorrow without hesitation. My Irish wife has other ideas though. Running a car over here is mental money.
    Yeah I know , I had a scooby Impreza and the tax was over €700 alone plus the insurance was €1000 , when I brought it back to the U.K the tax was £140 ish and insurance £300 so I know what ya mean ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : gsi

Trim : quality

Engine : 3.2

Year : 2005

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    Jon1.9cdti as part of his new duties will be going through all the RO/ARO's making contact and we will be cutting all the dead wood and pushing for new ROs/ARO's
    i cant speak for other regions and there ro"s/aro"s...
    but i can speak for the northern ireland region...its been left to go down the swanny now for 2 years or more now..
    i understand people have family commitments and work to go too, but if u cant find the time to post in nearly a full calendar year well its time to go...
    there is no point in buttering it up and being all nice about it...
    either man up, or step aside is the way to go...

3. Likes JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 1.9 CDTI (120)

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy77 View Post
    Yeah I know , I had a scooby Impreza and the tax was over €700 alone plus the insurance was €1000 , when I brought it back to the U.K the tax was £140 ish and insurance £300 so I know what ya mean ..
    I moved over here when I was 18 so never experienced the high insurance costs. My younger brother told me that his premium for a £1000 mini was £2500 when he was 20. **** that.

5. Likes JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by petrolcan View Post
    I moved over here when I was 18 so never experienced the high insurance costs. My younger brother told me that his premium for a £1000 mini was £2500 when he was 20. **** that.
    when cow head lived in eire, he never bothered with insurance...
    if he got stopped he said he was the son of god, looked the guardia in the eye, and bolted like a gazelle lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 1.9 CDTI (120)

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by vectra gsi 3.2 View Post
    if he got stopped he said he was the son of god, looked the guardia in the eye, and bolted like a gazelle lol..
    Heh!

I guess part of the reason for the high insurance is the likes of this story I was told from a trusted source

<copied from an email to my mates last year>

Afternoon ****ers,

So, whilst I was in Donegal recently, a neighbour of the dad's, Paddy the Nurse told me a story that I had to share.

Now Paddy is not a nurse and his name's not Paddy but that doesn't matter right now.

He told me of some young 'Buck' about my age who had gone into the North and bought one of those fancy BMW jeeps for a wile lot of money. He insured it on NI plates and then made enquiries as to having it officially imported. He was somewhat dismayed as to the cost of the import fees so took the jeep back to the North in order to request a refund. The dealer told him where to go as there was nothing wrong with the car.

Now this young buck was a bit of a part time rally driver so a few weeks later he suited up in his overalls, helmet etc and late at night he decided to go at full tilt into a corner with his hands off the wheel. Lo and behold, he wrecked the car.

He got out, dusted himself off and called his brother with the instruction to meet him with a set of clothes. His brother did so, clothing was changed and all the rally gear was taken away.

The garda were called and he was taken to the General in an ambulance. Unsurprisingly he got a clean bill of health.

A couple of weeks later he had a cheque in his hand to the value of what he paid for the car.

The young buck's name?

He is known to all as Psycho!

There can be only one, can't there?

<end copied email>

8. Likes vectra gsi 3.2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

Yeah it's pure madness mad back home .
    Quote Originally Posted by vectra gsi 3.2 View Post
    Who the **** is cow head ?? You been on the sauce ? Lol
    Heh!

I guess part of the reason for the high insurance is the likes of this story I was told from a trusted source

Afternoon ****ers,

So, whilst I was in Donegal recently, a neighbour of the dad's, Paddy the Nurse told me a story that I had to share.

Now Paddy is not a nurse and his name's not Paddy but that doesn't matter right now.

He told me of some young 'Buck' about my age who had gone into the North and bought one of those fancy BMW jeeps for a wile lot of money. He insured it on NI plates and then made enquiries as to having it officially imported. He was somewhat dismayed as to the cost of the import fees so took the jeep back to the North in order to request a refund. The dealer told him where to go as there was nothing wrong with the car.

Now this young buck was a bit of a part time rally driver so a few weeks later he suited up in his overalls, helmet etc and late at night he decided to go at full tilt into a corner with his hands off the wheel. Lo and behold, he wrecked the car.

He got out, dusted himself off and called his brother with the instruction to meet him with a set of clothes. His brother did so, clothing was changed and all the rally gear was taken away.

The garda were called and he was taken to the General in an ambulance. Unsurprisingly he got a clean bill of health.

A couple of weeks later he had a cheque in his hand to the value of what he paid for the car.

The young buck's name?

<end copied email>
    Brilliant but very true lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Heh!

Afternoon ****ers,

The young buck's name?

<end copied email>

brilliant solution to the problem..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Vectra