User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1.9 CDTI (150) - Is This DMF Failure??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 2.0 CDTI Ecoflex

Trim : Elite Nav

Engine : A20DTH

Default 1.9 CDTI (150) - Is This DMF Failure??

Hi Guys,

Having an issue with my Veccy and am after some advice;

Driving home last Friday the car started intermittently kangarooing on the motorway, as the tank was running low filled her up (with diesel) to see if that made any difference - it made none whatsoever!

Thought I'd change the fuel filter on Saturday, got a few miles between the house and Camberly Auto Factors when I experienced a complete lack of power; almost as if the turbo wasn't kicking in. Eventually changed the filter after breaking the housing and getting a new one from Vx again this made no difference.

Took her to the garage today and it took me a good twenty five seconds to hit 30 on the flat - completely gutless! The garage have identified an issue with the wiring on injector three (which we think was causing a slight misfire when cold) but also noted that the flywheel was shot - I had noticed the vibration but kind of buried my head in the sand.

As far as fault codes go aside from a historic code regarding low flow on the EGR valve, which was blanked at the time and was replaced on Monday, they did mention a code relating to Fuel Pressure & Temperature - can't remember the exact wording.

Now the garage are going to repair the wiring on injector three tomorrow but have also said that the flywheel could be causing the lack of power - the logic being that the excessive vibration is triggering the knock sensor and causing the ECU to go into Limp Home mode - is this likely?

One thing to note; using the diagnostics on the BC and looking at the injector volume, with the pedal flat to the floor the volume begins to ramp up (as you would expect) but then drops by upto a ml before increasing again, then dropping again and so on which leads me to believe this isn't due to the DMF - again any ideas?

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this as I don't want to fork out £600 to have the DMF & clutch changed only to find I still have exactly the same issue and I can get out and walk faster!

Cheers

Dan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c SRI Facelift

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2006

I would get the injector wiring done first and then see how it is.A mate of mine had his 3rd injector wiring go and he sufferd the saame symptoms as you describe.the wiring is easy peasy to do youself(ive done a couple now) and only costs £12 from Vauxhall.

By the way,on the hidden menue,which screen gives you the injector volume? i know the one that tells the voltage to battery and the one that tell you the coolant tmp but then rest of them are just numbers to me lol.I could realy do with seeing the injector volumes on mine as i have probelm aswell.

Where bouts you from mate? i use camberly auto factors for most of my car parts

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Justin, hopefully it'll be the cheap fix!

As for the diagnostic screen if you repeatedly hit the 'BC' button it's in there, don't have access to the car at the moment to confirm but the screen also gives the current kms remaining (although it is actually miles!) along with various fuel volumes.

Could really do with a list of what the various numbers and terms on the hidden menu mean - unless there's one on the forum?

I'm in sunny Portsmouth; Camberly's just down the road and I tend to use them for most things too.

Dan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

oh do you meen the instant consumption display? i.e. 0.1 gallon per hour?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nope, if you hold the settings button down until you hear a bong and then repeatedly press the BC button you should see all of the diagnostics screens. The one of interest should look something like this:

Inj-RC:1.254ml/s Range:352km
    TC-Inst:28.5l RC-Inst:0.0
    TC-Time:28.3l RC-Time:10.2
    TC-Dist:29.1l RC-Dist:9.0
    FCO:OFF RFC:OFF CSD:ON

'Inj-RC' is (as far as I'm aware) showing the quantity of fuel being injected in millilitres per second and one of the 'TC' values is the volume of fuel remaining in the tank (have yet to work out which one though!)

Hope this helps!

Dan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Do you have a colour screen? ive done this in my car and i get the coolant temp,battery volatge but not inj-RC 1.254ml/s Range 352km ect....

I have the orange screen so maybe different if you have colour

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 1.9 CDTI (150) - Is This DMF Failure?? --Resolved--

Hi Guys,

Well, after having my local garage take a look at the Veccy we have found the solution to the issues I've been having; namely a dodgy portion of the loom going to injector number three (not bad for a £12 fix!) and the fact that the two portions of the flywheel have pretty much separated (slightly more expensive than a £12 fix - ouch!).

So, she now sounds pretty good for a diesel :-).

However the warranty company are now stating that the flywheel is 'fair wear and tear' and refusing to pay out so looks like I'm gonna have a fight on my hands - has anyone here taken on a warranty company on this (either through CAB or small claims) and got anywhere?

After forking out over a grand for three years warranty there's no way I'm intending to let this lie; for a diesel engine that's barely run in (i.e. 87k) there is absolutely no way that a major engine component like the DMF should 'wear' to that point!

So, to anyone who is experiencing a slight misfire when cold or a car that's completely gutless check out the wiring to injector three - even if it has already been replaced and has the newer style connector fitted!

To anyone thinking of taking out the Customer Protect Gold third party 'warranty' don't! Take your money and put it in a high interest account - or take your £1000 and burn it :-).

Oh, and Justin yes I have the full colour display however I have seen images of the orange screen displaying these values so it is possible - whether or not it's a Tech2 job or needs some other option I don't know.

Cheers

Dan

Thread Information