0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confused CIM Module Enquiry - Double Airbag Loom

Hi guys, sorry if this is a repost, but i am clutching at straws here for an answer. I need to get a second hand CIM unit and tech 2 programme it into my car, £500 fitted for a new CIM unit is just ridiculous.

I am still struggling with this problem - the dash dials die along with all the electrics, indicators, etc. Everything that is controlled by the CIM unit dies - and I have had it confirmed by a garage who diagnosed it using tech 2. My car failed an MOT last week because of the problems the faulty CIM unit causes.

My car has a CIM unit with the part number 13112786 and ident code XU. I ordered a tech2 cleared CIM (13112786 XU) from ebay and went to a tech 2 garage called autotec in wishaw to get it fitted, and all was well until they took the steering wheel off etc and realised that the CIM that is in my car has a SINGLE airbag loom connector, and the one I bought has 2 connectors.

I have been hunting high and low for a used CIM with the proper Ident (XU or XR) and 1 airbag connector, to no joy. all of the ones I have come across are not tech 2 cleared and therefore are useless as they are not unmarried from the old vehicle.

Does anyone know if there is a way to swap the connectors between the CIMs so that the one that i bought to go into my car has a single loom airbag connector instead of double loom? I have had a quick look at the one I bought and there doesnt look like there is any easy way to do this without breaking it. I thought maybe remove the central barrel and ribbon cable?

I cant afford to buy a brand new CIM or else I wouldve just got it fitted by now!

If anyone could shed any light on this that would be great as I really need to get the MOT redone asap! Dont fancy picking up a £60 fine!

Cheers

ryan

One i bought -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)