On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Modified Gumball Rally

The entry fee is £295 per person (In order to guarantee the entry of your team a deposit of £295 is payable now and all remaining monies MUST be paid by the 31st of December 2006.) based on a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 5 per team. Maximum 150 teams, strictly 1st come, 1st serve basis

The entry fee includes:
    All outboud and return ferry crossings
    A Full week of parties
    3 nights accommodation accress Europe
    Awards Ceremony
    Press packs and sponsor stickers
    Opportunity to become the Modball Champion and win £1000

1. Dates
    The Modified Gumball Rally Event takes place between 10th June - 16th June 2006.

2. The Route
    The Event starts in London (UK) and finishes in Lyon (France) traveling through Belgium, Holland, Austria, Czech Republic and Italy.

3. Vehicles
    Each and every car has to be modified from its original specification although there are no restrictions on the make, model or year. There are no restrictions on how modified your car can be but it has to be modified in at least 2 areas (stereo and wheels included).

4. The Schedule
    Our format is drive during the day and party during the night! Each day will vary regarding the amount of hours and miles driving and a detailed itinerary will be given to participants on arrival to the event along with their team packs.

Sunday 10th June 2007 London - Amsterdam
    The adventure begins at our London pit lane for press photos and official meet and greets, then at 4pm the flag drops to signal the official start of the first Modified Gumball. From here the Modballers drive 300 miles through France and Belgium to the first checkpoint in Holland, Amsterdam, for the first night of partying.

Monday 11th June 2007 Amsterdam - Cologne
    Back in our cars we head across to Germany on a 170 mile smooth drive to our second checkpoint in Cologne. Cologne is the home to over 50000 students and countless clubs and bars waiting to host the Modballers second night of partying.

Tuesday 12th June 2007 Cologne - Prague
    The big one! 400 miles of very obedient and law abiding driving across Germany and the Czech Republic into Prague, one of Europe's most beautiful cities and leading social scene's. Here we are entertained by the premiere of Luc Besson's newest feature film on the big screen.

Wednesday 13th June 2007 Prague - Vienna
    Next stop Vienna, Austria after a mid-way easy stage of the Modball but don't be fooled, this is 190 miles of exciting tarmac to test everyone's grip and see whose got the best handling!

Thursday 14th June 2007 Vienna - Milan
    A dash through Austria and Italy to our secret location in Milan for an exclusive party for all Modballers only. Home of the San Siro and the capital of Italy's fashion world this is the set of the Italian themed show.

Friday 15th June 2007 Milan - Lyon
    The final day and the last dash to the finish line in Lyon where Modballers have to cross the line in extravagant style as there is an award for the most outrageous end to Europe's most sought after rally!
    Here is the end of what will be the most exciting week of any modified car owners life! But it doesn't end here as the after show party will be bubbling and the awards ceremony will be about to begin.

Saturday 16th June 2007
    12pm - A final lap of honour through the streets before heading back to Calais to catch the midnight ferry back to the UK.
    Are you excited? We are, but the question is, which team is going to win the coveted "Modified Gumball Rally Champions 2007" trophy?

Teams

Each team must consist of a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 5 each of which must be over 18.
    All team vehicles must be modified from its original specification, no standard cars will be allowed entrance into the Modified Gumball Rally. Although each and every car has to be modified from its original specification there are no restrictions on the make, model or year, the more customised your car is the better chance you have of winning. All cars entering have to be within the spirit of the rally.

Legal Documents
    All drivers must hold a full valid and unrestricted driver’s licence and own a current and valid passport along with any other visa requirements. This is the sole responsibility of the participants.
    Each team must produce the following documents on the first day that must be valid from 10/06/2007
    up-to and including 10/06/2007:

• Vehicle insurance documents for all drivers
    • MOT and Road Tax certificate for your vehicle
    • A valid driver’s licence for all drivers
    • Valid Passport

Foreign Compliance

Each team is responsible to know, understand, and comply with any applicable driving laws of any country they visit during the event

Click the banner above to see the official website and to register for the rally!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

SO TEMPTING!!!

definitely on my list of things to do before i die!

not sure if i'd be able to do it next year though.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm well up for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

how tempting?

i think i'm going to be booking some days off.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

this sounds excellent

so am i right in saying you need to find some accomodation yourselfs for some destinations if its only 3 nights included?? (excuse me being a bit slow today been a long night with the wee fella )
    Last edited by Steven; 8th November 2006 at 12:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I love the idea as well, would be well up for it, don't think I would realistically make it this, well next, year though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I can satisfy all their requisites. But I haven't a hope in 'ell of getting the exit visa required to leave the family for this period of time

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    this sounds excellent

so am i right in saying you need to find some accomodation yourselfs for some destinations if its only 3 nights included?? (excuse me being a bit slow today been a long night with the wee fella )
    Yes matey -

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ's
    Why are only 3 nights accommodation included?

The reason why we haven't included all the accommodation is because it is difficult for 600 people to stay in one place and get each team in the same room. We have put together a list of good hostels that you can book yourselves; this way the whole group is spread over 3 or 4 places.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right this is a goer. Wife has agreed to leave the kiddies with my parents for a week (so that will be them spoiled rotten then)

All I need to do is arrange sponsors!!!!!!!

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

****** would love to do this but we have two of the kids birthdays in that week and i dont think the "Boss" would like it !!!!!!

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information