Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Low mileage and unsteady idle CDTI1.9-150

Hello all , and again thanks for a very informative forum.

I just got a new old CDTi 1,9 150bhp, i unfortunatly crashed my old one and it couldnt be fixed.

But, the new one here is driving VERY well except for the mileage :-( Its very thirsty compared to the old one (same engine)

My old vec was going 0,5 litre diesel pr. hour in idle
    My new vec is doing 0,9 litre diesel pr. hour in idle.

It starts out on 1,4 litre and then goes down to 0,9 litre after a while.

Today i noticed that it was "trying" to go down to the expectet 0,5-0,6litre, but it got back up on 0,9litre in idle. Sometimes it goes up and down in consumption in idle, which i have never seen before. I cant hear any difference on the engine, but the rpm needle is constantly moving a little up and down, VERY little.

When i drive, the MPG on the computer skips up and down like crazy. I have tested in on long straight and flat distances with speedpilot on, and the MPG can jump up and down with +-10-15 for no reason at all.

Acceleration consumption is also pretty crazy, again compared to the old vec. we are talking 3-4 kilomters pr. litre, which is pretty low.

I know it may be difficult to translate the above since its Litre and kilometers, but i was hoping someone had an advice what to check and what things in the car that have effect on the MPG.

I was thinking the air flow sensor in the airbox, thermostat? I tried to disable the air flow sensor, with no effect on the idle consumption except the engine light in the dash. Thermostat seems fine i reckon, it goes to 80-85 with out to much trouble, according to the dash that is.

Someone in here also mentioned something about a vec. that didnt "realise" it was hot and kept on driving with "choke" ?

I have tried to convert the consumption and ended up at around 30-31 MPG, and the old one did around 38-40MPG

1 litre = 0,264 gallon
    1 kilometer = 0,6 miles

I got the software and power tested at a local tuner, and its 100% standard setup, so no tuning.

1 last info, which im not sure got anything to do with the above. The headlight is blinking when accelerationg. Its not much, but its visible. I also noticed today that the interior light also blinked. We are not talking on/off blinks, but it just like the voltage is going up and down a little bit.

You guys helped me with the "3rd injector" problem, and saved med 1100quid from a local stealer, so i hope you guys can help me here also.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2004

What are the true milage difference on a tank?

Because what the BC is telling you cant be trusted.. and can have been changed.

But the difference in the milage.. have you changed anything.. by going for a newer model.. does the new have DPF where the old one didnt?

Driving style?

(because 30-31 is about a 2.2 petrol)

Men eller velkommen fra danmark.

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

might be doin a regen
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the replies and the welcome :-p

New and old is both with DPF, and it have done a cleaning program, but there is no doubt when its doing that. The consumption explodes and it goes around 3+litres pr. hour in idle.

1 difference though is 2 line display in the old vec and 3 line in this one, and i hate it :-p

Today i noticed that the idle consumption was going up and down between 0,6 - 1,4 and was stopping at 0,9 (litre/hour) at times, before it went up and down again.

I have topped up the tank 100% and reset the trip, and is now testing the usage to see, but its the unsteady idle consumption that makes me to believe there is a problem, its just weird if the computer is 2-3 kilometers pr, litre wrong?

Driving style is as in the old vec, but i have tried 2 types. Fairly fast accelerations to cruise speed and then cruise control and old lady like driving, very slow and easy foot on the pedal. Im leaning more to fresh accelerations which is better for the engine.

Im driving to copenhagen this thursday which is a 300 kilometer drive which will give me a very nice comparison on that route.

I wanna have a eco remap, but not before im 100% sure its working as it should, and at the moment im in doubt :-(

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2004

have you triede to get a read out of the car? while its running.. there you can have many parameters read out.. and seen evtuallly faultcodes (if any).. on the danish site opelpower.dk you can in "fri debat" find a list with users that have codereaderes that are willing to help for beer tokens.

(but if going to copenhagen thursday.. maby you should stop by my work in Roskilde, and we can make the readout)

Thread Information