Thread: What are my chances of retribution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What are my chances of retribution

I bought my 2.2dti DRI in September, I had a few niggles which I got sorted myself, at my own expense. The car was sold with a FSH and 2 year warranty, the main reason I chose this car, when I phoned to chase it I also complained about the expenses I had endured in having the turbo cleaned and having to get my carpass as they were still "chasing" down the FSH.

I then went and saw him and I got £300 back to reimburse me for the works on the turbo, he also stated he was writing up the warranty and would post it, was apparently chasing the previous owner for the FSH too.

That was 3 weeks ago and still nothing, so I have again emailed them (I want it in writing) telling them they have until Friday 18th to produce both, if they do not then I will report them to Trading Standards, and I will be insisting on a complete refund plus time and expenses and compensation.

Providing I have everything documented what are my chances of Trading Standards actually coming through for me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Send a letter recorded delivery. Email is not a guaranteed service, and therefore not proof of anything. He can say he didnt receive the email. From my experience TS are pretty good at chasing things up. Youll probably find a phone call from them is enough to get him worried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI XP1

You must allow 14days from the receipt of any written correspondance you send to a company. If they have sold you it with FSH, Unless it is written down anywhere I am afraid to say you will get nowhere. If per chance you happen to get a refund it would most certainly not be a full one, they can deduct reasonable depreciation costs, which I'm sure would equate to quite a bit. I went through the same with arnold clark a couple years back with a mondeo st i bought, even got trading standards and lawyers involved, result, £40 to cover tracking being redone. You might just need to take it on the chin and learn form experience. Sorry buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'll take the hit if necessary, but I want them to learn that if they advertise a car with FSH and a 2 year warranty, they better blimmin' well provide both of them.

They have acknowledged the FSH, and I have the advert, asked Autotrader for it, so they can't deny it. It's just whether they want to play ball. I know I won't get what I'm asking, but its best to go in high. I worked at a well known broadcaster too, and they now know that, so I'm trying to put the willies up them with that as well, not that Watchdog would necessarily get involved with only 1 complaint, but worth the threat anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI XP1

Yeah you've got to try. I've got to admit, it really stressed me out at the time, There turned out to be several issues with the car which the garage admitted no liability on, the particular mechanics I was dealing with aswell were nothing better than glorified tyre fitters, they agreed I had a problem but couldn't find it. i'm still convinced it was a cut and shut job

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I was looking for my 2.0T i went to a place not far to look at a light silver coloured one. Advertised as full service history yada yada.

I took it for a drive and the chap was telling me had had the brakes done recently and a tyre replaced.

We agreed a price and I said you get the car ready while I sit and read through the service history - at that point he said ''I dont have the service history there are no stamps in the book just the lease company stamp''. I turned around and said ''well in that case its got no service history has it'' and then dropped my highest price by 1.5K to which he laughed and said ''no''. I walked away and two days later brought the one I have now that did have all the stamps, warranty and SAT NAV! a week later the first guy called me telling me he would consider meeting me half way - I then told him the price I paid for mine and that it had same miles and SAT NAV and laughed back.

I never trust a car dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by accveccysriturbo View Post
    When I was looking for my 2.0T i went to a place not far to look at a light silver coloured one. Advertised as full service history yada yada.

I took it for a drive and the chap was telling me had had the brakes done recently and a tyre replaced.

We agreed a price and I said you get the car ready while I sit and read through the service history - at that point he said ''I dont have the service history there are no stamps in the book just the lease company stamp''. I turned around and said ''well in that case its got no service history has it'' and then dropped my highest price by 1.5K to which he laughed and said ''no''. I walked away and two days later brought the one I have now that did have all the stamps, warranty and SAT NAV! a week later the first guy called me telling me he would consider meeting me half way - I then told him the price I paid for mine and that it had same miles and SAT NAV and laughed back.

I never trust a car dealer.
    Same kinda here I got my car 5 months ago was advertised fsh was £6k I think only done 15k miles ex mobility car done the deal then had alook argue book it only had 2 stamps it's. 57 plate he said he wld chase it up but it was forgotten about tbh said something like they dont bother doing the 3rd service as they go back to the mobility company said anold couple owned it I did bileave him because when I looked into the trip ccompuyer it had never been reset lol I allways reset mine when i fill up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah, mine was about the going rate for an SRI, but given the FSH and 2 year warranty it was a winner, wasn't perfect, but given the potential for trouble free motoring for a couple of years seemed like a good idea, seeing as another yard I was looking at a SAab 9-3 with the same motor were non-committal on trading my toledo.

I should have bitten the bullet and fixed the clutch on my tolly and fitted some 17s and firmer springs, but I figured if I was going to spend £1500, I might as well as get a newer car, bum...mine...around...turn...bitten.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any news mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nothing yet, I think I will give them a "polite" reminder that Friday looms large, and if they don't reply that Trading standards with loom larger.

I'm trying to find out who their warranty company is too, as clearly they are selling cars with defects, when a warranty is only meant to be valid if the car is sold fault free (within reason).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information