Default battlefield 3

Is this any good thinking of getting it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yup ive got both this and mw3 and prefer this, less kids running round, less lag, better maps (even think the graphics are better) id describe it not as arcade like if you know what I mean (you have to think a bit more)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

Quote Originally Posted by northern lad View Post
    yup ive got both this and mw3 and prefer this, less kids running round, less lag, better maps (even think the graphics are better) id describe it not as arcade like if you know what I mean (you have to think a bit more)
    As above got both and mw3 looks the same as mw2 online doesn't look any different black ops looks better. Battlefield for me too have both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Quote Originally Posted by mattv6diesel View Post
    As above got both and mw3 looks the same as mw2 online doesn't look any different black ops looks better. Battlefield for me too have both.
    MW3 is a direct sequel to MW2 so it should look similar, as the Campaign sets the story / locations for the Multiplayer they will also look similar, an example, Batman Arkham City looks and plays the same as Batman Arkham asylum on purpose as its a sequel and uses the same gameplay mechanics, (if it aint broke dont fix it) doesnt make it a lesser game than other new release out there, Uncharted 3 looks and plays the same as previous uncharted titles..

As for comparisons of the two, MW3 plays at 60 FPS whereas BF3 plays at just 30FPS. MW3's input lag (the time taken from when you press fire on your controller to when your on screen character fires) is 50ms, whereas the input lag in BF3 is around 116ms..

I constantly hear that MW3 looks the same as MW2, and I sometimes think I must be the only person who thinks that BF3 looks like, sounds like and plays exactly like Dices other generic multiplayers, such as Battlefield Bad Company, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Medal Of Honor!
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 14th November 2011 at 20:35.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

I gave MW3 a miss this time round and got battlefield instead. Hardcore squad deathmatch for me. Cant compare the 2 but as above, no kids, and after the first day of launch it hasn't dropped out once.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia using Tapatalk

spoons

Best way I can describe the difference is as follows

Battlefield 3 = War simulator. Very strategic, very accurate and involves vehicles.

Modern Warfare 3 = Arcade shoot em up. Just a bit of manic arcade fun.

Personally I like to spend my evenings in my living room playing arcade game type fun. Not spend my evening in Basra hiding behind a brick wall frightened to move and pinned down by a sniper for 30 minutes.

Modern Warfare 3 for me
    Last edited by spoons; 14th November 2011 at 10:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Best way I can describe the difference is as follows

Battlefield 3 = War simulator. Very strategic, very accurate and involves vehicles.

Personally I like to spend my evenings in my living room playing arcade game type fun. Not spend my evening in Basra hiding behind a brick wall frightened to move and pinned down by a sniper for 30 minutes.

Modern Warfare 3 for me
    wuss each to their own though

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by northern lad View Post
    wuss each to their own though
    Hey.. In Battlefield 3 and from the spawning ground I ran from bush to wall to car to wall to bush to car to wall to bush to car... just to get to the fight.

Then got shot in milliseconds as soon as I even saw the enemy. Sometimes I dont even see ANYONE and get shot.

I've crawled along the ground and got shot

I've driven tanks through walls right up to the enemy and got shot

I've camped and got shot

So somewhere along the lines I need to get more training or understand what the hells going on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Operation Flashpoint Red River = War Simulator Very strategic, very accurate and involves vehicles. One shot will KILL

Battlefield 3 = Hyped as a War simulator, yet kills with sniper rifles can take 2 or more shots to kill

As for Campaigns (There's more to a game than multiplayer)

Operation Flashpoint - Superb single player, placing you in multiple scenarios, good AI, drop in drop out co-op, one shot will kill!

BF3 - Short, linear campaign, full of Quick Time Events and boring skill sapping button press sequences, AI are beyond stupid and the gameplay is glitchy, Hardest mode is no match for CoD's Veteran, when in vehicles in campaign you're just literally along for the ride and requested to press a button when instructed to do so by an onscreen prompt,
    co-op is ok (if you know someone else who has the game), but its not drop in drop out, Destruction 2.0 is underwhelming! Battlelog, hyped as being better than CoD Elite, in reality, its more useful to EA as a marketing tool than as a feature of the game. BF3's sound is superb when listened to in 5.1 or 7.1

MW3 - Superb Campaign, putting you in multiple scenarios across multiple countries, You have full control over equipment such as AC-130's weapons. more freedom to do what you want than in BF3 (as BF3 holds your hand), AI are better educated no co-op except for Spec ops which is superb, CoD ELite, service overwhelmed by subscribers due to its wealth of features and 20 Items of DLC included. MW3's sound is the clearest of all CoD games so far..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Hey.. In Battlefield 3 and from the spawning ground I ran from bush to wall to car to wall to bush to car to wall to bush to car... just to get to the fight.

Then got shot in milliseconds as soon as I even saw the enemy. Sometimes I dont even see ANYONE and get shot.

I've crawled along the ground and got shot

I've driven tanks through walls right up to the enemy and got shot

I've camped and got shot

So somewhere along the lines I need to get more training or understand what the hells going on

It was the same with me when I first got it, i played it too much like MW then realised... this is a totally different and somehow I changed how I played... hard to explain.

But I kept on at it and you do get better and become more 'wise' to it shall I say.

Overall though, I love the game and prefer it to MW.

Which brings me onto the next point.... anyone have this for PS3?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information