User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: vec's not looking forward to its winter hibernation...

  1. #1
    Regular Member TimTay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRECHIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default vec's not looking forward to its winter hibernation...

    Just been out for my last hurl in the vec till shes bedded for winter and my god has she no played up! like a kid not wanting to do as its told!

    first of all 1 of my hids starts to play funny ******s. after i spoke to her nicely it resumed normal operation.

    20mins in to my journey the abs and tc light decided to come on.

    25 mins into my journey the os/r wheel started making some weird noises like it was away to fall off!

    30mins in got to the cineworld and watch my first 3d film "Immortals" give it a 3 out of 5

    started the journey home with a noisey wheel and abs and tc lights on then half way home the cc decided to just stop working!

    Then as if by magic 5 miles from home she decided to behave her sel! now either she cant stand going for a run to dundee or shes throwin a paddy cos shes gettin bedded for winter.

    God i love my vec! never a dull moment!

    Sleep tight

  2. #2
    Regular Member PANDY 3.2 V6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunderland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimTay View Post
    Just been out for my last hurl in the vec till shes bedded for winter and my god has she no played up! like a kid not wanting to do as its told!

    first of all 1 of my hids starts to play funny ******s. after i spoke to her nicely it resumed normal operation.

    20mins in to my journey the abs and tc light decided to come on.

    25 mins into my journey the os/r wheel started making some weird noises like it was away to fall off!

    30mins in got to the cineworld and watch my first 3d film "Immortals" give it a 3 out of 5

    started the journey home with a noisey wheel and abs and tc lights on then half way home the cc decided to just stop working!

    Then as if by magic 5 miles from home she decided to behave her sel! now either she cant stand going for a run to dundee or shes throwin a paddy cos shes gettin bedded for winter.

    God i love my vec! never a dull moment!

    Sleep tight
    He he mine is the same bud, and the cruise control????!!!!! Got a pure mind of its own like, and my tc/esp goes on when i go over speed bumps, think its to do with it being ridiculously lowered.

    Sad to hear you are hibernating for the winter, hope you still bash the forums!! Mine is coming out of hibernation this week, as in getting the clutch and flywheel replaced and new brakes. Cant wait to drive it again!!

    What you driving over the winter then if you are hibernating the beast?

  3. #3
    Regular Member MACVVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    fife,scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just like a woman never does as it's told , lack off TLC Tim , that's what you get for telling it's going to bed.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TimTay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRECHIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will still be hammering the forum over winter as got a good few jobs on my list to do. and although shes gonna be off the road and not being drivin im still a active vec owner lol speaking of ya clutch pandy i was trying to figure out if mine was a slippin a tad the other night, but not 100% dont think it is. probably down to abs/tc fault. as one vec goes to sleep another is being awoken!

    got a fantastic car for the winter aka the wifes puddle jumpin punto! i consider my car very well looked after and any more tlc towards the vec and i would be looking at devorce!

  5. #5
    Regular Member jlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimTay View Post
    either she cant stand going for a run to dundee
    If you made me run to Dundee id be kicking up a hell of a fuss too!!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member jim skeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    kelso scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bought my veccy in dundee earier this year. When i turned on the sat-nav on the forecourt, the car wanted to go to Brechin??? Do you know anybody that worked for City Quay Cars that sold a V6 this year but lived in Brechin?
    Also, wots wrong with veccy c lights? I'm in the dark never having driven it after sundown,

  7. #7
    Regular Member PANDY 3.2 V6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunderland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimTay View Post
    Will still be hammering the forum over winter as got a good few jobs on my list to do. and although shes gonna be off the road and not being drivin im still a active vec owner lol speaking of ya clutch pandy i was trying to figure out if mine was a slippin a tad the other night, but not 100% dont think it is. probably down to abs/tc fault. as one vec goes to sleep another is being awoken!

    got a fantastic car for the winter aka the wifes puddle jumpin punto! i consider my car very well looked after and any more tlc towards the vec and i would be looking at devorce!
    Mine took about 6 months and 15000 miles from whenit first slipped to it totally breaking lol, i thought it was tc at first but wasnt, so excited to have it back on wednesday!!!! Whoop whoop

  8. #8
    Regular Member TimTay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRECHIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim skeen View Post
    I bought my veccy in dundee earier this year. When i turned on the sat-nav on the forecourt, the car wanted to go to Brechin??? Do you know anybody that worked for City Quay Cars that sold a V6 this year but lived in Brechin?
    Also, wots wrong with veccy c lights? I'm in the dark never having driven it after sundown,
    I sold my cut and shut to city quay cars early this year! cant trust us brechiners! was a cracking car but had to get rid of it

  9. #9
    Regular Member TimTay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRECHIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PANDY 3.2 V6 View Post
    Mine took about 6 months and 15000 miles from whenit first slipped to it totally breaking lol, i thought it was tc at first but wasnt, so excited to have it back on wednesday!!!! Whoop whoop
    i noticed it was on a website for sale a while back. was muttering your an idiot under my breath!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Last of the Vec's, for me
    By R-man in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th September 2012, 19:25
  2. Vec's in for first MOT
    By paul_sri150 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th September 2011, 21:46
  3. 2 Vec's, 1 Day
    By Ginge7289 in forum Quick Photo Album
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19th March 2011, 23:28
  4. our vec's again
    By G.T.S in forum Quick Photo Album
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10th June 2009, 15:04
  5. The vec's going
    By ion in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23rd July 2007, 12:25

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •