Thread: Product Test: AD Extreme Glaze Vs AG SRP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Product Test: AD Extreme Glaze Vs AG SRP

As I said in the previous thread, when Autobrite Direct released there brand new Extreme Glaze I instantly saw this as a rival to SRP and wanted to put the two together for a head to head. I am a little bias here as I am not a big fan of SRP, sure it does what it needs to do but I do not like the way it acts, for me it is far to watery and it can create a lot of dust if you use to much at once or leave it on the vehicle to long.

On to price they are both in the same sort of price range, SRP is £11.99 for 500ml from Halfords, Extreme Glaze is £11 for 500ml and can only but acquired from Autobrite, but if you spend £35 you get free delivery.

So on to the test

here are a couple of photos showing the the state of the swirls on this car

I set the test out like a grid so that the products could be tested side by side and also show the difference between hand and machine, top right is SRP by hand, top left extreme glaze by hand, bottom left extreme glaze by machine and bottom right SRP by machine.

So the first product was Extreme glaze by hand, the product was applied to the soft side of a tri foam hand applicator and worked over the area in straight lines. Pretty much the same way you work SRP, I only gave it one coat and was not expecting miracles. As you can see from the image below a majority of the swirls are filled, however the deeper ones are still very visible

Next up was SRP by hand again applied with the same applicator using the clean end. Applied using exactly the same method. The results are very much the same.

Both of these only had a single hit and as we know SRP works better and better with each layer you put on the car. I think if you had the time to apply 3 coats of either product then you would see some very good results.

So to take this a step further and apply the products via a DA in exactly the same way you would apply a glaze. I already knew that SRP applied by machine gives a much better finish than applying by hand, but as I said earlier it can be a bit of a nightmare.

So first up was extreme glaze, this product is a lot thicker than SRP and when used with machine it appears to look like a final finish polish when applied onto the panel and works with the same characteristics. 4 pea sized drops put on to the pad and the results after one hit were quite impressive. As you can see nearly all of the swirls have been filled.

Next up SRP via DA, applied the same way as the Extreme Glaze. The results again are quite good.

Both have filled nearly all the swirls, but I personally think Extreme glaze gives more depth and gloss than SRP maybe only by a small margain but when we are trying to get our cars looking their best small margains make a difference.

Here a few few more images after the tape is removed, first SRP by hand.

Next Extreme Glaze by hand.

Extreme Glaze Via Machine

SRP by machine

Over all I am rather impressed with AD Extreme glaze when worked via a DA, I like the fact it is a lot less watery than SRP which means there is very little chance of any sling when using it with a machine, it did not produce any dust at all and I personally feel it gives better depth and gloss than SRP, I think this would be my go to product instead of SRP if I was just giving a car a quick polish to enhance gloss instead of trying to correct the paint. However this is all my personal opinion. I finished up doing the whole bonnet, One side extreme glaze and the other in SRP and have left both without any LSP on top, as they are both designed as an AIO we will see how they get on against the elements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

hmmmm khalid another job for you ...i want some of that ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    He has a 250ml bottle on the way to him..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    got some coming will be giving it a go with lots off questions to Mark next weekend . khalid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge7289 View Post
    As I said in the previous thread, when Autobrite Direct released there brand new Extreme Glaze I instantly saw this as a rival to SRP and wanted to put the two together for a head to head. I am a little bias here as I am not a big fan of SRP, sure it does what it needs to do but I do not like the way it acts, for me it is far to watery and it can create a lot of dust if you use to much at once or leave it on the vehicle to long.

On to price they are both in the same sort of price range, SRP is £11.99 for 500ml from Halfords, Extreme Glaze is £11 for 500ml and can only but acquired from Autobrite, but if you spend £35 you get free delivery.

So on to the test

here are a couple of photos showing the the state of the swirls on this car

I set the test out like a grid so that the products could be tested side by side and also show the difference between hand and machine, top right is SRP by hand, top left extreme glaze by hand, bottom left extreme glaze by machine and bottom right SRP by machine.

So the first product was Extreme glaze by hand, the product was applied to the soft side of a tri foam hand applicator and worked over the area in straight lines. Pretty much the same way you work SRP, I only gave it one coat and was not expecting miracles. As you can see from the image below a majority of the swirls are filled, however the deeper ones are still very visible

Next up was SRP by hand again applied with the same applicator using the clean end. Applied using exactly the same method. The results are very much the same.

Both of these only had a single hit and as we know SRP works better and better with each layer you put on the car. I think if you had the time to apply 3 coats of either product then you would see some very good results.

So to take this a step further and apply the products via a DA in exactly the same way you would apply a glaze. I already knew that SRP applied by machine gives a much better finish than applying by hand, but as I said earlier it can be a bit of a nightmare.

So first up was extreme glaze, this product is a lot thicker than SRP and when used with machine it appears to look like a final finish polish when applied onto the panel and works with the same characteristics. 4 pea sized drops put on to the pad and the results after one hit were quite impressive. As you can see nearly all of the swirls have been filled.

Next up SRP via DA, applied the same way as the Extreme Glaze. The results again are quite good.

Both have filled nearly all the swirls, but I personally think Extreme glaze gives more depth and gloss than SRP maybe only by a small margain but when we are trying to get our cars looking their best small margains make a difference.

Here a few few more images after the tape is removed, first SRP by hand.

Next Extreme Glaze by hand.

Extreme Glaze Via Machine

SRP by machine

Over all I am rather impressed with AD Extreme glaze when worked via a DA, I like the fact it is a lot less watery than SRP which means there is very little chance of any sling when using it with a machine, it did not produce any dust at all and I personally feel it gives better depth and gloss than SRP, I think this would be my go to product instead of SRP if I was just giving a car a quick polish to enhance gloss instead of trying to correct the paint. However this is all my personal opinion. I finished up doing the whole bonnet, One side extreme glaze and the other in SRP and have left both without any LSP on top, as they are both designed as an AIO we will see how they get on against the elements.
    great write up Ginge . hope to give this a try next week .as want to know the difference off this and some off Marks other products that i have .

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge7289 View Post
    He has a 250ml bottle on the way to him..
    got a bit more than that coming .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

good test mate, looks like by machine extreme glaze is very good definatly gunna be on my next order, what pad and speed did u use mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Will be more than happy for you to try it on my car mate ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by happypostie View Post
    great write up Ginge . hope to give this a try next week .as want to know the difference off this and some off Marks other products that i have .
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Dan:) View Post
    good test mate, looks like by machine extreme glaze is very good definatly gunna be on my next order, what pad and speed did u use mate
    Used a black hex pad at speed 4 mate, gave it 5 or 6 passes.

Quote Originally Posted by MAF 3.2 V6 GSi View Post
    Will be more than happy for you to try it on my car mate ;-)
    Just let me know when mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

I just don't get why you would waste time applying products like this by machine (6 passes?), surely these are just products to be used every now and again by hand, and they both look to do the exact same job - its just that one is easier to get than the other.

Kudos to take the time out to do a comparison though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    I just don't get why you would waste time applying products like this by machine (6 passes?), surely these are just products to be used every now and again by hand, and they both look to do the exact same job - its just that one is easier to get than the other.

Kudos to take the time out to do a comparison though.
    Cheers dan, however I know a lot of people that do not want to pay the extra money to have even just a one stage enhancement via rotary let alone full correction. However people are happy to pay for a wash, polish and wax (a little more detailed than that but you know what I mean). That bonnet took me no longer than 8 mins (would have been longer by hand with a poorer result) and the results are really good in my eyes, to correct that bonnet you are looking at a minimum of 30 Mins. This means the customer is really pleased with the result as their car looks deep and glossy and have not payed silly money as they have a car that they drive every day and will never be able to keep the paint work at 100% perfection. If I have learnt anything over the last few months it is that most people do not need their car to be 90% defect free as the next time they drive it, it is more than likely to get another defect and that £200 correction they just paid for is wasted. Using this on their car gives them a real good finish for a couple of months and they are happy with it and the price is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information