0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 2006

Mileage : 155000 :o

Default Your opinion please....

Soooo, I joined here having got myself a vectra c obviously.

Little bit of background. I had an astra g Sri which I loved to bits. Would go as far as to say it was the car love of my life! But after a week the engine management light pinged on. And from that day it was nowt but bother. Everything broke, pretty sure we probably replaced everything on it over the years. But I still loved it. Anyway, I've got my daughter and my other half has 2 kids we get on weekends so the Astra was a bit of a squeesh. Especially when we went on holiday and coz it didn't have back doors.
    Decided I wanted a vectra but having no money meant hoping for a straight swap. But that would mean a vectra b as I'd have to go older.

Anyway, I wasnt actively looking but anytime I seen a nice vectra I'd ask if they'd swap.

So one day 4 weeks ago a 52 plate vectra c appears and I ask and he says yes! I told the guy I was in no hurry, mot was due in 2 weeks, if he was happy to swap we could do it then. Then he wanted to arrange viewing of the cars which was fine. Next thing was he wanted to come up that night. So I reluctantly agreed and took off to the car wash. Then he came up, we took the cars a wee run. Told him about the disastra, most of what we'd done to it blah blah blah. Got a bit about the vectra. He wanted to take the Astra away that night!
    We said no as my parrot was hooked into it and my private plate etc. but it was arranged that 2 days later I'd go to dvla and transfer the plate then we'd swap. Which happened fine.

All the while I'm slightly concerned about his rush, but at the same time knowing the Astra is far from problem free so I prob won't be any worse off.

So anyway, today he texts to say the Astra has been mot'd and is a death trap!! He exaggerates as he then says it needs a tyre, brake pipes, wheel bearing, something needs replaced on the exhaust, failed emissions and failed for side lights (which are green ha, but he knew that when he bought it)
    When I gave him the car it had had 3 new tyres and the other one was fine. Exhaust may have been blowing a teeny bit - but he came, looked at the car and was fine. Wheel bearing - I had told him we changed one last year. Thats wear and tear. And as for the brake pipes, I know nothing. They fine at last brake change.

Anyway, what I want your opinion on, is why is he even bothering to text?! Surely it's his problem now? I offered to mot it and he said no. Obviously I had told him it would pass coz as far as I was aware, it would have.
    Can he make me swap back?! I'm happy wi the vectra. I've had to put a new tyre on it. Had to strip the dash and buy a cable for my parrot to fit it. And had to transfer my plate.
    The oil light came on wi it the other night, it uses a lot of oil so it's not in perfect nick either. But I still want to keep it!

What do you lot think? Sorry it's a bit long winded

Claire x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'd tell him to whistle, then say "It was swapped as seen, now off you pop"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As Jim said sold as seen, wouldnt worry about it. You offered to MOT it, he declined, so his problem. He was the one in the rush for it after all...... He's probably just trying it on, you've done nothing wrong so ignore text if i were you and enjoy the Vec.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if the log books are away to dvla , then it's as good as his .

if log books are back , then it is his .

public / private sales are " buyer beware " normally ,

meaning it's up to them to pre check before purhcase ,

when i advertise a car of mine , on ebay for example , i always ask buyer to pre check car before buying to make sure they are happy ,

and i write a receipt for them , stating that they have checked the car and they are happy with it and car is sold as seen .

a couple of years back , a woman complained about my vec b , i sold her ,

but i reminded her of the receipt she signed which stated she had a mechanic look over the car .

and she soon backed off .

before buying , she had 2 test drives herself , her mechanic drove it , the mechanic looked at all the nooks and crannies of the car .

if she hadn't signed my copy of the ( hand written ) receipt saying all the above , i don't know what she would have done ,

but private sales are normally your problem once you have bought it .

A hand written receipt might not be 100 % legal but it proves what has been done .

Good luck Claire ,

i hope u get it sorted .

just remind him , that he looked your car over before the swap and he was happy and that YOU offered to do the M.O.T.

maybe he was hoping to land you with a duff car , by swapping quickly and it's actually back fired on him .

P.S. === if he says he is coming back ( probably , unhappy ) , please for your safety have someone with you , incase he tries to bully you .

Best wishes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hes just trying it on i think hes wanting ££ off probs i would wonder tho why the rush ect ect have you done a check to see if the car is stolen or whatever?? like peeps have said your ok if the log books have been sent away to dvla it could be tricky if they have not but either way it say sold as seen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 2006

Mileage : 155000 :o

Log books are away. I was concerned about it having outstanding finance but he told me it didn't. Said he paid the garage cash. Which sits wi me coz the garage e bought it from are gangster types ha and cash sounds about right wi them. I also got pulled by the fuzz last week coz they're plebs and he made issue of the car being not in my name til I told him I just got it and was waiting in the docs. Som I'm assuming since he never lifted me that it's legally above board

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi claire
    i wouldnt worry at all its his fault if hes not happy after the sale is a done deal . as buying privatly there no come backs unless uve sold them a stolen car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just tell him to do one at the end of the day you both swapped so you take ruff with the smooth
    but i would do a little more investagating on that finance actually phone the company just dont tell them where you live just in case they come and collect if they are a bit dodgy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

Tell him to **** off any probs let me no i will sort it for ya best send a text check to see about finance just in case

Cramlington Northumberland, V6 Jaguar S-type Sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar S-Type V6

Trim : Sport

Engine : Petrol

Year : 2003

Quote Originally Posted by clairey83 View Post
    Log books are away. I was concerned about it having outstanding finance but he told me it didn't. Said he paid the garage cash. Which sits wi me coz the garage e bought it from are gangster types ha and cash sounds about right wi them. I also got pulled by the fuzz last week coz they're plebs and he made issue of the car being not in my name til I told him I just got it and was waiting in the docs. Som I'm assuming since he never lifted me that it's legally above board
    I got caught by the fuzz once, it really hurt.....LOLSorry I couldn't resist.
    It's a done deal IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information