Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default New Vauxhall Extended warranty

New Vauxhall warranty out - For cars less than 5 years old and 60k prices as follows (Based on Astra 1.9cdti but Vectra would be same I think):

1 year £339.00
    2 years £529.00
    3 years £699.00

I've gone for 3 years at £699.00 on my 57 reg 1.9CTDi. I'm on 58k at the mo and the warranty is valid for 100k which I won’t reach in three years.

Very little info on it at the moment but looking at the T&C it looks very similar to the Masterfit one which previously had and thought was really good, basically that covered everything the 3 year manufacturers warranty covered and no need to get authorisation as Vauxhall sort it all out.

You need to get the service done at Vauxhall which I do anyway. Even though I got mine today still have 14 days to get a refund if anyone knows it not worth it. Previous Master was done by Vauxhall via Car plan this one is administered by TWG services part of Warranty group. Dealers tells me new one is almost identical to previous one by Car plan. Not sure but it's very similar to Network Q warranty.

It's called a after sales extended warranty but for some reason the invoice was exempt from VAT - surly that can't be right. The Masterfit invoice certainly included VAT and I'm VAT registered to will want to claim it back. Anyone have info on this

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

expensive IMO

My Warranty took mine out at 3 years old and 70k miles. 1 year is £290 and I have wear and tear covered also. I also get the breakdown cover of hotels and stuff too.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

Is the dmf included

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by marc vectra sri View Post
    Is the dmf included
    Yes, it's basically everything the Manufacturers year 2 and 3 covers. It says ALL mechanical and electrical parts and goes on to list exclusions ie Clutch ware and tear, Brake pads etc, nothing to excluded DMF. Cover is less for older cars and more than 60k at the time you take up the warranty.

"expensive IMO

My Warranty took mine out at 3 years old and 70k miles. 1 year is £290 and I have wear and tear covered also. I also get the breakdown cover of hotels and stuff too"

This is sold by Vauxhall so they take care of all claims. It does not included breakdown cover but hotel stay and car hire etc is included. I've gone with it as it less hassle than third party warranty and I had good experience with previous Masterfit one. Take the VAT off the £699.00 and it works out at £194.00 per year, not too bad I would have thought, maybe not for everyone.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I just found the manufacturer's warranty (I owned the car from new) actually only covered me for a replacement seat (squeaking). Didn't rectify the problem but after that they were not covering anything. Also they had silly exclusions on items. My top shocker mount bearings failed when the car was only 2 years old and they weren't covered as I had exceeded 37,000 miles.
    Good and bad with all to be honest and all down to personal experience

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Casa1862 View Post
    3 years £699.00
    I've gone for 3 years at £699.00 on my 57 reg 1.9CTDi. I'm on 58k at the mo and the warranty is valid for 100k which I won’t reach in three years
    It's called a after sales extended warranty but for some reason the invoice was exempt from VAT - surly that can't be right. The Masterfit invoice certainly included VAT and I'm VAT registered to will want to claim it back. Anyone have info on this
    It's an insurance policy so IPT applies instead

At that price, the Complete Protection Plan offers better value for money, as that includes servicing, brakes, and clutch (plus a few other parts)

Is the 100K miles the upper mileage limit or the additional mileage?

I would expect the premium to be based on car, if the Astra is £699 then the Vectra / Signum will be slightly more

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chewy71 View Post
    I just found the manufacturer's warranty (I owned the car from new) actually only covered me for a replacement seat (squeaking). Didn't rectify the problem but after that they were not covering anything. Also they had silly exclusions on items. My top shocker mount bearings failed when the car was only 2 years old and they weren't covered as I had exceeded 37,000 miles
    That doesn't sound quite correct

The seat is deemed as a part of trim, so only covered for the first year
    However if the internal mechanisms fail then these are covered up to 3 years / 60K miles

The mounting should be covered up to 3 years / 60K miles
    However if this is a replacement then it is only covered for 1 year since replacement
    I learnt this lesson my previous Vectra B
    I reported the boot lock as seized, which was replaced
    Fifteen months later (warranty still in effect) that replacement failed and returned to find a bill for £165
    I went ballastic
    As normal I was allowed to leave the premises whilst the bill was under dispute but with documents that full payment would be due within 28 days
    VX eventually agreed to pay 80%, the dealership then added a further goodwill gesture, and was issued with a nil invoice

As always, obtain full copies of all documents
    The VX warranty is more difficult to get documents for, hence why I purchase them through Network Q instead

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    It's an insurance policy so IPT applies instead

At that price, the Complete Protection Plan offers better value for money, as that includes servicing, brakes, and clutch (plus a few other parts)

Is the 100K miles the upper mileage limit or the additional mileage?

I would expect the premium to be based on car, if the Astra is £699 then the Vectra / Signum will be slightly more
    Is the Complete Protection plan plan still available?

100k it the upper limit for the sub 5 year old 60k cars - after 100k no warranty.

Can't comment on the seat, as with most manufacturers you need to get all the shakes and rattles fixed in the first year.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Casa1862 View Post
    Is the Complete Protection plan plan still available?
    Yes, dealerships need to phone up for details
    Some still have the leaflets, others know nothing about it

Once purchased the car is moved off the OE or Network Q warranty and on to this plan, as the level of cover is far superior

I enquired about this recently for another car and the sale was completed with Complete Protection Plan in place (Network Q upgrade on Astra)
    I also enquired for a replacement to my own Vectra, but I am just not interested in the Insignia, so it was for the Antara
    Sadly the Antara is let down by poor equipment (I would lose a lot of features I like in the Vectra)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Yes, dealerships need to phone up for details
    Some still have the leaflets, others know nothing about it

Once purchased the car is moved off the OE or Network Q warranty and on to this plan, as the level of cover is far superior

I enquired about this recently for another car and the sale was completed with Complete Protection Plan in place (Network Q upgrade on Astra)
    I also enquired for a replacement to my own Vectra, but I am just not interested in the Insignia, so it was for the Antara
    Sadly the Antara is let down by poor equipment (I would lose a lot of features I like in the Vectra)
    This service plan does not include warranty so I'd have to buy that anyway. I'm not buying a new or replacement car, it one I already own. As I've got a three year warranty now I'll just pay for the service and MOT myself. The Service plan is an add on non inclusive of warranty but it does offer dsicounts on labour and parts.

Thanks for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information