Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Another visit to stealers....

Reason the gear box or clutch.......

Booked it in for last night to get checked out first thing this moring.

The problem was only happening when the car was cold but now its every time you pull away in 1st.

Basically just as you start to pull away you hear a loud "clunck" coming from the gear box area.

Also had the car up on my mates ramps, and he said there was a deffo gearbox noise when the car was ticking over, plus the fact theres that old story of the gear changes being a bit stiff and not really smooth a tall....

Went up to book the car in after coming back from our little ride with the Tech, was told, "we would like the car for a couple of days, so any time suits us....". I asked if they had any courtasy cars I could get and they said, "Oh, well in that case the only time you can book it will be the 4th of Dec, as thats the only time we have a car for you...." WTF....

So got to wait just short of a month to see if the cars going to get sorted, but I think I'll be doing well if I can get this problem sorted for mid March..lol

Davie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

which dealer did you go to, I got fobbed off last week by Reg Vardy at Nerston saying that they sold 2 of their courtesy cars leaving only 2

I think the fact you've next to no chance of getting a courtesy car from them when you buy a car from a network Q dealer is pathetic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah, it takes the p*** that. My dealer have done that to me in the past. Then, when they do give you one it's a 3 cylinder corsa sewing machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Davie
    Reason the gear box or clutch.......

Booked it in for last night to get checked out first thing this moring.

The problem was only happening when the car was cold but now its every time you pull away in 1st.

Basically just as you start to pull away you hear a loud "clunck" coming from the gear box area.

Also had the car up on my mates ramps, and he said there was a deffo gearbox noise when the car was ticking over, plus the fact theres that old story of the gear changes being a bit stiff and not really smooth a tall....

Went up to book the car in after coming back from our little ride with the Tech, was told, "we would like the car for a couple of days, so any time suits us....". I asked if they had any courtasy cars I could get and they said, "Oh, well in that case the only time you can book it will be the 4th of Dec, as thats the only time we have a car for you...." WTF....

So got to wait just short of a month to see if the cars going to get sorted, but I think I'll be doing well if I can get this problem sorted for mid March..lol

Davie.
    Hmm I have a simular thing not a loud clunk but a noice however it is only the 1st time I leave in the morning then its gone. Also gears are notchy for the 1st few min then its ok?

Strange!

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like the "old duel mass flywheel " strikes again !!!!!!

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1st to 2nd on mine is always a bit "clunky" when it's cold but really quite smooth when it's warmed up.

Hopefully they'll sort it for you but having to wait that long is wrong IMO especially if it's something which could get worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn21
    Hmm I have a simular thing not a loud clunk but a noice however it is only the 1st time I leave in the morning then its gone. Also gears are notchy for the 1st few min then its ok?

Strange!
    Just watch out Martyn, thats how my wee problem started off.

Try to see if you can get access to some ramps or some where inclossed, ie a lockup, just sit in the car ticking over with the your door open and see if you can hear a strange noise coming from under the car around the gearbox area. Sounds daft but I can hear a noise when I do this......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Christ you have me worried now big fella i have the exact same problem when the car is cold...notchy gear changes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd

I was planning to book the car in for a service in the new year but i might get it in a little sooner and get this g/box sorted before it gets worse as im not liking the sound of this

With regards to the courtesy car, im pretty sure VX have got to give you a car if your one is off the road for more than 24hrs if its under warranty. Might be worthwhile phoning customer services and finding out??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by simac
    yeah, it takes the p*** that. My dealer have done that to me in the past. Then, when they do give you one it's a 3 cylinder corsa sewing machine
    I have a great dealer. They have 10 courtesy cars all black corsa SXI+ with tinted windows and if I go there in an emergency, which has happened once(head gasket & oil cooler), they gave me the vectra hire car until a courtesy car was available, shame I did 1200 miles in it before I gave it back, still kept my speedo down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Christ you have me worried now big fella i have the exact same problem when the car is cold...notchy gear changes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd

I was planning to book the car in for a service in the new year but i might get it in a little sooner and get this g/box sorted before it gets worse as im not liking the sound of this

With regards to the courtesy car, im pretty sure VX have got to give you a car if your one is off the road for more than 24hrs if its under warranty. Might be worthwhile phoning customer services and finding out??
    Ah, dont worry big chap.....

I had the car booked in at another stealers about 4 months ago for the same problem, but they came back and said they couldnt find anything wrong.....

Aleast I've got it on record that the car has a history for this problem.

As for courtesy cars mate, I dont really know the laws that the stealers go by.

Just dont like the thought of there being a problem and not being able to get it sorted till Dec.....

Thread Information