User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Another visit to stealers....

  1. #1
    Regular Member Big Davie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    having a giggle...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Another visit to stealers....

    Reason the gear box or clutch.......

    Booked it in for last night to get checked out first thing this moring.

    The problem was only happening when the car was cold but now its every time you pull away in 1st.

    Basically just as you start to pull away you hear a loud "clunck" coming from the gear box area.

    Also had the car up on my mates ramps, and he said there was a deffo gearbox noise when the car was ticking over, plus the fact theres that old story of the gear changes being a bit stiff and not really smooth a tall....

    Went up to book the car in after coming back from our little ride with the Tech, was told, "we would like the car for a couple of days, so any time suits us....". I asked if they had any courtasy cars I could get and they said, "Oh, well in that case the only time you can book it will be the 4th of Dec, as thats the only time we have a car for you...." WTF....

    So got to wait just short of a month to see if the cars going to get sorted, but I think I'll be doing well if I can get this problem sorted for mid March..lol

    Davie.

  2. #2
    Regular Member ALD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Lanarkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    which dealer did you go to, I got fobbed off last week by Reg Vardy at Nerston saying that they sold 2 of their courtesy cars leaving only 2

    I think the fact you've next to no chance of getting a courtesy car from them when you buy a car from a network Q dealer is pathetic

  3. #3
    Regular Member simac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    yeah, it takes the p*** that. My dealer have done that to me in the past. Then, when they do give you one it's a 3 cylinder corsa sewing machine

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Davie
    Reason the gear box or clutch.......

    Booked it in for last night to get checked out first thing this moring.

    The problem was only happening when the car was cold but now its every time you pull away in 1st.

    Basically just as you start to pull away you hear a loud "clunck" coming from the gear box area.

    Also had the car up on my mates ramps, and he said there was a deffo gearbox noise when the car was ticking over, plus the fact theres that old story of the gear changes being a bit stiff and not really smooth a tall....

    Went up to book the car in after coming back from our little ride with the Tech, was told, "we would like the car for a couple of days, so any time suits us....". I asked if they had any courtasy cars I could get and they said, "Oh, well in that case the only time you can book it will be the 4th of Dec, as thats the only time we have a car for you...." WTF....

    So got to wait just short of a month to see if the cars going to get sorted, but I think I'll be doing well if I can get this problem sorted for mid March..lol

    Davie.
    Hmm I have a simular thing not a loud clunk but a noice however it is only the 1st time I leave in the morning then its gone. Also gears are notchy for the 1st few min then its ok?

    Strange!

  5. #5
    Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    on your momma !!!!!!!!!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Sounds like the "old duel mass flywheel " strikes again !!!!!!

    Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member simac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    1st to 2nd on mine is always a bit "clunky" when it's cold but really quite smooth when it's warmed up.

    Hopefully they'll sort it for you but having to wait that long is wrong IMO especially if it's something which could get worse.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Big Davie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    having a giggle...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn21
    Hmm I have a simular thing not a loud clunk but a noice however it is only the 1st time I leave in the morning then its gone. Also gears are notchy for the 1st few min then its ok?

    Strange!
    Just watch out Martyn, thats how my wee problem started off.

    Try to see if you can get access to some ramps or some where inclossed, ie a lockup, just sit in the car ticking over with the your door open and see if you can hear a strange noise coming from under the car around the gearbox area. Sounds daft but I can hear a noise when I do this......

  8. #8
    Regular Member Steven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dalriada
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Christ you have me worried now big fella i have the exact same problem when the car is cold...notchy gear changes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd

    I was planning to book the car in for a service in the new year but i might get it in a little sooner and get this g/box sorted before it gets worse as im not liking the sound of this

    With regards to the courtesy car, im pretty sure VX have got to give you a car if your one is off the road for more than 24hrs if its under warranty. Might be worthwhile phoning customer services and finding out??

  9. #9
    Regular Member willc01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK Motorway Network + some smaller roads
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simac
    yeah, it takes the p*** that. My dealer have done that to me in the past. Then, when they do give you one it's a 3 cylinder corsa sewing machine
    I have a great dealer. They have 10 courtesy cars all black corsa SXI+ with tinted windows and if I go there in an emergency, which has happened once(head gasket & oil cooler), they gave me the vectra hire car until a courtesy car was available, shame I did 1200 miles in it before I gave it back, still kept my speedo down

  10. #10
    Regular Member Big Davie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    having a giggle...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Christ you have me worried now big fella i have the exact same problem when the car is cold...notchy gear changes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd

    I was planning to book the car in for a service in the new year but i might get it in a little sooner and get this g/box sorted before it gets worse as im not liking the sound of this

    With regards to the courtesy car, im pretty sure VX have got to give you a car if your one is off the road for more than 24hrs if its under warranty. Might be worthwhile phoning customer services and finding out??
    Ah, dont worry big chap.....

    I had the car booked in at another stealers about 4 months ago for the same problem, but they came back and said they couldnt find anything wrong.....

    Aleast I've got it on record that the car has a history for this problem.

    As for courtesy cars mate, I dont really know the laws that the stealers go by.

    Just dont like the thought of there being a problem and not being able to get it sorted till Dec.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vauxhall visit
    By Casper85 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th September 2012, 03:26
  2. Vauxhall Visit
    By DesignforLife in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18th June 2009, 17:49
  3. Mij Visit
    By don paul in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 8th November 2008, 21:34
  4. BSR Visit???
    By mark1319 in forum South East (RO - Scotty80, ARO jaqubek)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st June 2008, 16:57
  5. 888 Visit Again.....
    By spoons in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th November 2007, 20:52

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •