User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Collection bucket out for kids living with life-threatening illnesses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Default Collection bucket out for kids living with life-threatening illnesses.

As some guys on here will already know from my previous posts a year or so ago I'm heavily involved (I was one of the two who originally set it up) in a little project trying to raise money for the Make-A-Wish foundation by writing and recording original music of all types and genres.

Basically over the last few years we've managed to persuade some extremely talented guys/gals to join our group and we have a lot of fun doing it whilst at the same time trying to raise as much as we can for "kids living with life-threatening illnesses". (Make-A-Wish foundation doesn't like the term terminally ill kids but that's basically what it comes down to).

Make-A-Wish say it takes around £3000 to make one childs wish come true and we set ourselves the target of paying for one of those with this project. Thus far we've raised over £500 and that's without any major pushing.

So, please excuse this blatant plug, but I promise, it's for an amazing cause.

We wrote a tongue in cheek Xmas song a couple of years back, deliberately taking a real dig at Xmas and how crap it can be, but with a Xmassy theme and feel to it. You can view the video for part of it here on Youtube [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjVBRM0mzsA"]Thank God It's Over (For Another Year) - YouTube[/ame] and the whole track is available as an mp3 download to purchase for the measly sum of 99p, all of which (less Paypal's charges which we can do nothing about) goes towards our total for the charity.

There are several other songs we've written available on the website, some for free and others to buy, you can also if you feel so inclined make a donation through our site. I promise you every penny goes towards our total, we cover any and all expenses from our own pockets and every member of the team gives their time and efforts completely free to the project.

Our main website for anyone who fancies a browse around (if for no other reason than to lift the freebies and have a listen to some of the out-takes and view the galleries of us having fun whilst drunk is http://www.gcrpeople.com

If you're in a Xmassy mood already and want to buy the Xmas single you can do so on the direct page here http://www.gcrpeople.com/gcrpeople/xmas.html or through the website buy menu.

Thanks guys, it really is a wonderful cause and every penny goes straight into our total for them. Even if you hate the music and don't feel like donating, please do us a favour and pass it on to your friends. The more the word gets out the more money we raise for these kids.

Thanks

Ian
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks Roy, just tried to PM you but your inbox is full apparently.

Out of interest did you get the notification email with the download link ok? For some reason I didn't get the payment notification come through or the automated stuff from the website and I'm worried something's broken on the site.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

I did get a confirmation email with link (although I've not tested the link yet)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ahh great, the important part worked then

It's supposed to notify me that someone's bought or donated too so I can keep a running score, but I didn't get any emails for some reason. Oh well, another thing on the "I'll fix it in a bit" list lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    Ahh great, the important part worked then

It's supposed to notify me that someone's bought or donated too so I can keep a running score, but I didn't get any emails for some reason. Oh well, another thing on the "I'll fix it in a bit" list lol
    Heh, now fixed, oops.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Awww come on guys, I know this is the second time in two years I've posted about this now (sheesh I must stop yapping about it so constantly ) but it's for such a great cause, even if you hate the music, it's worth it for the charity alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

Ian done for you ,and such a good cause . khalid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thankyou Khalid, that's an incredibly generous donation and massively appreciated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information