Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2.0t btcc

Angry led sidelights

I know its been done to death, but has anybody got led sidelights that dont strobe when driving, i got the error free canbus ones but they still strobe when i am driving, i dont mind strobing when locking the door, but i dont like strobing when driving when they are ment to be off, i got 2 sets canbus free but they still strobe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by decks View Post
    I know its been done to death, but has anybody got led sidelights that dont strobe when driving, i got the error free canbus ones but they still strobe when i am driving, i dont mind strobing when locking the door, but i dont like strobing when driving when they are ment to be off, i got 2 sets canbus free but they still strobe.
    They all do it, each pulse is the bulb check from the canbus... mine do it, just put your sidelights on...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Yup what lizard said. They will strobe constantly until you dead lock the car. Nothing you can do about that, the canbus error free ones just have a resistor built in to make the ECU think there's a bulb there so you don't get the bulb out warnings (you can fit a load resistor seperately to do this too, that's what I've done with my angel eye halos).

I always drive with my sidelights on now. Tried setting the sidelights as DRL's but for some reason my car didn't do what it was supposed to do when we set it.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : 18VVT Z18XER

Year : 2006

Mileage : 130k

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post

I always drive with my sidelights on now. Tried setting the sidelights as DRL's but for some reason my car didn't do what it was supposed to do when we set it.
    I tried seting them as DRLs too through the software we dare not speek of in here. Could only set the dip lights always on or dips and side lights always on too. no setting for sides on there own. I also got stuck with the lights always on even with the key out lights off and car locked. But I seemed to get that one sortted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Niall83 View Post
    I tried seting them as DRLs too through the software we dare not speek of in here. Could only set the dip lights always on or dips and side lights always on too. no setting for sides on there own. I also got stuck with the lights always on even with the key out lights off and car locked. But I seemed to get that one sortted.
    Mine was done with legitimate Vauxcom by someone on here, but yes, exactly the same problems. Setting 1 is supposed to be sidelights only and when you set it it seems to work initially as you turn the ignition on and the sidelights come on, but as soon as you start the car the headlights come on. The other options were no better and had the same problem as you with headlights not going off at all, battery off for a few minutes reset that thankfully.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Thread Information