Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ebay Query

I sold my Iphone last week and posted monday via special next day delivery, and have the receipt and tracker number handy

No on the post office website it says

Your item has reached the delivery office and is out for delivery.
    We can confirm that your item left the delivery office this morning and should arrive shortly if it hasn‘t been delivered already.

Which tells me its got to the other end is now out with the postman, should i panic that it still hasnt changed, ,

If its lost / can i claim my Halifax mobile phone insurance ????

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

is buyer saying they haven't recieved it? I would have thought the Special Delivery insurance should cover it assuming you properly declared the value of the item when you posted it.

My postman frequently puts 1st Recorded items through my door without asking for a signature rather frustratingly.

My iPhone 4 is out for delivery to the buyer today hope it doesn't happen to me. Funny enough the buyer is in Farnborough!

http://www2.royalmail.com/customer-s...m-compensation
    Last edited by Big Knox; 13th October 2011 at 12:39. Reason: Royal Mail compensation link added

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spennny View Post
    I sold my Iphone last week and posted monday via special next day delivery, and have the receipt and tracker number handy

No on the post office website it says

Your item has reached the delivery office and is out for delivery.
    We can confirm that your item left the delivery office this morning and should arrive shortly if it hasn‘t been delivered already.

Which tells me its got to the other end is now out with the postman, should i panic that it still hasnt changed, ,

If its lost / can i claim my Halifax mobile phone insurance ????
    I sell quite allot on eBay these days and post using recorded, tracked and special etc...

It will update (prob tonight) if the posty has inface completed the transaction properly on their hand held tracker. Quite often they dont so it may never update.

If in any doubt contact the seller saying the tracking is shower they recived it and you wanted to make use all was ok before leaving feedback etc. This lets you ask if they recived it without saying you are worried if they have recived it...!

On the insurance side special covers up to a fair amount as far as I know. I have always confirmed the ammount I need it to be covered for when I use this service...

This may help...

http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/letters...ecial-delivery

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Knox View Post
    is buyer saying they haven't recieved it? I would have thought the Special Delivery insurance should cover it assuming you properly declared the value of the item when you posted it.

My postman frequently puts 1st Recorded items through my door without asking for a signature rather frustratingly.

My iPhone 4 is out for delivery to the buyer today hope it doesn't happen to me. Funny enough the buyer is in Farnborough!

http://www2.royalmail.com/customer-s...m-compensation
    He hasnt replied tomy last email, so i am assuming its still at the post office and awaiting to be collected

I supplied the tracking number on the EBay ad when i posted it and also gave it to Paypal

Should i remove it ??

Quote Originally Posted by coldo View Post
    On the insurance side special covers up to a fair amount as far as I know. I have always confirmed the ammount I need it to be covered for when I use this service...

This may help...

http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/letters...ecial-delivery
    I wasnt asked to confirm any amount, i know its up to £500 so thats why i chose that service

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hmmm its a strange one. I wouldn't worry too much unless you get an e-mail from the buyer asking where it is. You could always contact RM Customer Service as they might have more info on it. I would say either the phone arrived or if it didn't then it'll be a case of refunding the buyer and making a claim against Royal Mail for compensation.

Whenever I post something Recorded or SD they usually ask how much it is worth so they can put appropriate insurance on it.

There should be no need to claim off your own insurance.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unfortunatly I lost my iPhone when posting over seas. I sent it as International Signed For and also paid the extra insurance to cover the value of the phone.

The recipient said he never received the phone and the Royal Mail Website said it was still on its way. After waiting a month I had to refund the guy through e-bay (as they sided with him as the RM website hadnt updated its status) and I put in a claim for the phone.

I heard back in another month from the RM saying it HAD been signed for. When I asked for the signature they said they didnt have it and that they dont have to take it! When I asked how do they know it was signed for they said the UAE postal SAID it was delivered but they NEVER took a signature. When I asked why the website didnt update they said it only tracks in the UK so useless for International signed for.

They also said that they only cover £40 for mobile phones. Having now gone through their small print they have a get out clause for everything!!

My compensation was declined even though they don't know who signed for it and the guy has probably got my phone and £215.

Bitter

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Small claims court tbh Innes, that stinks. Thats why I put on my iPhone4 auction "I will only ship to a UK Paypal CONFIRMED address".

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep... Im that same. UK buyer shipper to UK confirmed Paypal addresses only.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Small claims court tbh Innes, that stinks. Thats why I put on my iPhone4 auction "I will only ship to a UK Paypal CONFIRMED address".
    I went through all the channels including the ombudsman but because the UAE Postal Service was confirming it was delivered even though they cant provide a signature or any proof the RM got away with it scott free.

Heres the small print about the tracking:
    Are all International Signed For™ items electronically tracked when they are delivered? We track all International Signed For™ items until they leave the UK and then the item is handed over to the destination country's postal service as a priority item. However, we can’t track your International Signed For™ item all the way to delivery in every instance.

Heres the small print about sending mobile phones abroad:
    How much compensation will I get if my item is lost or damaged?
    If your item is lost or damaged in transit, we will pay compensation of up to the value of 100 First class stamps per item (currently £46), upon production of a copy of the certificate of posting and proof of item value. Extra compensation of up to £250 or £500 (depending on the country) is available.
    ...In addition, extra compensation is not available for items containing mobile phones (so the maximum compensation for the loss or damage to a mobile phone is the value of 100 First class stamps per package sent).

Heres the text about needing to Sign for the item:
    Can I get a copy of the signature taken on delivery? Unfortunately, we cannot routinely provide a copy of this signature. Your item is delivered to its destination by the registered postal service of that country and a signature will be taken at the delivery address (this will not necessarily be the signature of the addressee, of course). This means the item is not left unattended or just posted through a letterbox. If no-one is available to sign for the item, it will be retained by that country’s postal administration either for another delivery or for collection by the addressee. In the case of loss, we will request proof of posting from the postal administration there but this cannot always be provided.

After 8 months af arguing and banging my head against a brick wall I just had to walk away from it £215 out of pocket and minus an iphone.

So basically there is no point sending International Signed for as most of the time the RM won't know if it got there or not!

Hopefully the OP won't have this trouble if his parcel is lost.

Thread Information