Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

Default warrenty direct

Well 3 months are up and car no longer has a warrenty, racked up 7k miles in that time so I think am going need a warrenty, is this company any good at paying out and how do they work? do I go to garage see what's wrong ring warrenty direct and they will pay the garage am wanting to get the fully loaded one that's ment to cover everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm with Warranty Direct and yes thats how it works. Car is diagnosed by the mechanic, details relayed to Warranty direct and they authorise the work.

I've not had cause to claim yet but you'll hear good and band bad on here. I was particular about what items are covered. I ensured the DMF/clutch and EGR were fully included on mine. With covering for wear and tear I found they had the best cover of all. Low premium with a £50 excess per claim.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

Sounds good its the dmf and clutch and egr want coverd as we do a lot millage mainly motorway

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

warrenties are good from them however the car must be serviced regularly at a vat registered garage - not sure if it needed to have full service up to date too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had to specifically ask for that. Online price for cover on my car was £100 dearer than when quoted on the phone. 2008 CDTI at 70k is £293 I think it was with 90% of the parts covered along with wear and tear as well.

As Northern lad says,.. your car MUST be fully serviced in accordance with the manufacturers statement. Service does need to be up to date and they will require proof.

If you opt for a local garage for your repairs this will lower your premium too as the hourly rate for labour is lower.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I started mine with WD last Feb when my 12mths Network Q ran out. This overlapped my VX manufacturers 3 years my 5 months so my car was nearly 3 1/2 years old. I chose the rolling contract which I can end any time with 1 months notice and providing my records are up to date (service etc) the thind is transferable if required.

Service records seem crucial and depending on who does the work (main dealer, app independent, a n other) you can opt for different level of repair. e.g Main dealer service main dealer repair. I considered the middle one (approved national indepedent) as they will give discounted servicing if booked through warranty direct and WD pay the repair costs (less any excess) straight to the repairer. This is a cheaper option than opting for main dealer. And only chose MD option as my car was fairly new and had always been looked after by the original supplier. However I can down grade to the next level anytime with 1 months notice.

I was a bit nervous before starting but on balance after much research I said OK....

Hope this helps a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

bought my 05 last october,thought ummmmm warranty direct,took it to VX,had it serviced,no problem there,took out the policy,got them to cover,inlet manifold,EGR,DMF gearbox aswell,ok took it back to vx about a month later,had to replace fuel filter housing,they rang WD about my inlet manifold need replacing (as the rail was lying on its side)

did they pay out......................................not a snowballs chase in hell!!!!

the reason

because they couldnt verifiy if the car had been serviced by the previous owner,even though there are all the stamps in the book.........................
    oh,they might be faked stamps was there reply............even to the service manager!!!!
    cancelled policy,took 3 months to get my money back,now & have been since i canclled,i get e-mails every 3 days about offers!!!!!

Thread Information