User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: time for a service

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    salisbury
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default time for a service

    how hard is it to do a service myself on a 2004 vectra 1.9cdti 150bhp as i dont have the money atm

    the biggest part im worried about is a oil change
    air filter (easy)
    fuel filter (not to sure)

    what else should i be doing??

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I did my own service this year too.

    - Oil change
    - Oil filter
    - Air filter
    - Pollen filter

    You could do a fuel filter but I'm like you I'm not sure where it is and how easy it is to do. I also flushed my engine with an engine flush before putting in the new oil.


  3. #3
    Regular Member AntSSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Middlesex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 100k

    Default

    I can do you a full service if your interested - and close to Ashford, Middlesex.

    Will be much cheaper than dealer prices etc and I use only dealer parts,

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    salisbury
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket999 View Post
    I did my own service this year too.

    - Oil change
    - Oil filter
    - Air filter
    - Pollen filter

    You could do a fuel filter but I'm like you I'm not sure where it is and how easy it is to do. I also flushed my engine with an engine flush before putting in the new oil.

    cool thank you time to start researching a bit more

    Quote Originally Posted by AntSSSS View Post
    I can do you a full service if your interested - and close to Ashford, Middlesex.

    Will be much cheaper than dealer prices etc and I use only dealer parts,
    thank you very much for offer but im enjoying trying to fix the car myself 9 also gets me out the house

  5. #5
    Regular Member AntSSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Middlesex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 100k

    Default

    Good man

    Well for a full service I would:
    Oil Change (5w30 GM Fully Synth)
    Oil Filter
    NEW Sump plug and washer
    Air Filter
    Pollen / Cabin Filter
    Fuel filter
    Brake Fluid check and change if needed (If its 2 years or more old - change the brake fluid anyway)
    Coolent Check and change if needed - again, I change after 2 years old, but you 'can' leave the GM orange/pink in for 5 years - I dont..
    Full vehicle inspection
    Vehicle diagnostics and DTC readings using Vaux-Com / Tech II
    Grease points greased
    Drains checked and cleared

    ...happy to offer you any advice needed.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    salisbury
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AntSSSS View Post
    Good man

    Well for a full service I would:
    Oil Change (5w30 GM Fully Synth)
    Oil Filter
    NEW Sump plug and washer
    Air Filter
    Pollen / Cabin Filter
    Fuel filter
    Brake Fluid check and change if needed (If its 2 years or more old - change the brake fluid anyway)
    Coolent Check and change if needed - again, I change after 2 years old, but you 'can' leave the GM orange/pink in for 5 years - I dont..
    Full vehicle inspection
    Vehicle diagnostics and DTC readings using Vaux-Com / Tech II
    Grease points greased
    Drains checked and cleared

    ...happy to offer you any advice needed.
    thank you very much
    time to look for the parts

  7. #7
    Regular Member AntSSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Middlesex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 100k

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danno91 View Post
    thank you very much
    time to look for the parts
    Your a full member here - so get them from Vauxhall and use Trade Club mate..

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    salisbury
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AntSSSS View Post
    Your a full member here - so get them from Vauxhall and use Trade Club mate..
    ya i nee to send my picture off then wait for my pack to arrive ill do that b4 bed i think

  9. #9
    Regular Member AntSSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Middlesex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 100k

    Default

    Worth it mate - will save you a good few £££

    Also worth cleaning your EGR and Boost sensor too mate..


  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    salisbury
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AntSSSS View Post
    Worth it mate - will save you a good few £££

    Also worth cleaning your EGR and Boost sensor too mate..

    boost sensor done egr had a issue with http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147169 was thinking of blanking but have put that on the back burner till i get some overtime at work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Service time
    By Beardy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th October 2012, 19:05
  2. Service time...
    By Billy110 in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 17:40
  3. Time for a service or not ?????
    By nelly452 in forum Vectra C / Signum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th September 2011, 23:23
  4. Service and MOT time
    By FIL 4822 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11th May 2011, 13:00
  5. Service time
    By andyxedos in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th February 2010, 21:05

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •