User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Post codes in CD70 NAVI satnav - who has this working ?

Northampton :-( How the hell did that happen ?!
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Post codes in CD70 NAVI satnav - who has this working ?

Hi All - I know this is touched upon in various threads elsewhere, which are mostly about firmware and map updates etc. However - it's driving me nuts so I thought I'd raise a specific question - Who, in fact, is able to use post code entry in their CD70 satnav, and what firmware & map version do you have please? I have the very latest firmware that I'm aware of (10/2007) and the 2010/2011 maps....in my 2005 Veccy 1.9 CDTi.. but I cannot for the life of me enter postcodes into the satnav !. I had the 2005 firmware till recently of course, but then flashed it a few weeks ago to 2007 - kind of expected a 'postcode' entry field to appear - that would have been nice - but none did. I've read that in fact you use the first 5 characters of 'town' to enter the postcode... but that simply does not get recognised !! Entering 'NN', for example, for a Northampton postcode, causes it to look for towns beginning "Nn..."; no recognition of that as the beginning of a postcode. My Firmware disc is dealer genuine, but the Map disc is Ebay spurious - might that be the issue ? I have also noticed a total loss of TMC (and/or Trafficmaster) updates with that map disc. Could the postcode bit possibly need a Tech2 tweak to enable it ? All help gratefully received... I hate it that my girlfriend's £99 tomtom does what my CD70 cannot !! :-) Cheers - Chris

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

from what i have heard the 9/10 map is the last of the tmc... i have the 9/10 map & the tmc works... to enter the post code use the the enter town part & just start typing the start of the post code, it only takes the first 5 digit ie BD21 7 & that's the lot
    hth

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks dh. I also heard it switched from TMC to Trafficmaster at some point, which presumably was 09/10 as you say (?) .. my 2011 map disc has a Trafficmaster logo on it... but I didn't even get alerts from Trafficmaster when I was running the 2005 software with that map (and I'm still not!!). Hence why I flashed the software to the 10/2007 (latest / last) version.... in the hope that it might suppor Trafficmaster. But sadly - no alerts.. and all the 'TMC' options in the HU remain stubbornly 'TMC', rather than changing to 'Trafficmaster;' as I hoped. In terms of postcode - as mentioned in my first post, I did hear about and have tried using 'town' for postcode entry, but as I said, it just does its normal thing of trying to work out which town you mean... it doesn't just let you enter a postcode and hit 'start navi'. Or - and this only just occurred to me - do you have to enter the postcode using something other than the rotary commander button ? - ie, using the number keys on the HU for the numeric part ? Cheers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No mate i just use the scroll wheel, i don't think my unit has ever had an update (car is 2006) & as it's working as i want it to, i won't be fixing what aint broke either

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

LOL I don't blame you. But still my problem remains - latest software in the HU, latest map disc, no postcode entry !. I work in IT so I don't think I'm a numpty (despite what the kids tell me) but this is definitely not working in my car !!. Gahhhh. All I can think is - i) it's because I have a gash Ebay map disc, or ii) it's because something needs tweaking with Tech2.

Thread Information