Thread: Egr valve on 3.0Cdti

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post
    As above, but I have another reason why not to take the EGR out...drive your car like you stole it. That's how I cleaned the manifold on our 2.2DTi lol
    a good italian tune up !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I second the 2stroke idea

I had issue with my egr valve and also the valves on my fuel pump. 2 stroke with every fill up and no more problems. Car runs quieter, smoother & less smoke out the rear end

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default EGR & suchlike... V6 CDTi

Cleaned-out airbox today whilst checking on the state of the filter (v good, as it happens). Decided to remove EGR valve for a check & clean -
    having removed a couple of rubber hoses & a plate holding a cable to the mid top of the cam belt casing, managed to undo & remove the "crinkly pipe" (sorry for the technical term). Now able to see the base of the valve (exhaust side) I discovered that I was unable to reach the lower two bolts on the valve as one of the aforementioned crinkly pipes' fixings is a stud, rather than a bolt as on t'other side. To get the stud out, canny designer has provided a star-drive head. However, it moved a little in either direction, then became tight. Not being able to see the thread direction, and the stud being quite small, discretion got the better of me and I stopped there. I did clean the base of the valve (for what good it may do) and boxed it up again.
    Had more luck with a sensor on the air inlet (possibly boost sensor?) which was pretty grubby....now cleaned with carb cleaner.
    We really could do with an underbonnet piccy, with labels as to what the bits are.........there is so little on the net about the 3.0 diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dshelton999 View Post
    I second the 2stroke idea

I had issue with my egr valve and also the valves on my fuel pump. 2 stroke with every fill up and no more problems. Car runs quieter, smoother & less smoke out the rear end
    Not to hijack the thread but just a quicky; do you just put it in the tank with your fuel and how much goes in for a full tank? TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but just a quicky; do you just put it in the tank with your fuel and how much goes in for a full tank? TIA
    Start with this thread http://vectra-c.com/forum/showthread...ghlight=stroke

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Cyruskint View Post
    Cleaned-out airbox today whilst checking on the state of the filter (v good, as it happens). Decided to remove EGR valve for a check & clean -
    having removed a couple of rubber hoses & a plate holding a cable to the mid top of the cam belt casing, managed to undo & remove the "crinkly pipe" (sorry for the technical term). Now able to see the base of the valve (exhaust side) I discovered that I was unable to reach the lower two bolts on the valve as one of the aforementioned crinkly pipes' fixings is a stud, rather than a bolt as on t'other side. To get the stud out, canny designer has provided a star-drive head. However, it moved a little in either direction, then became tight. Not being able to see the thread direction, and the stud being quite small, discretion got the better of me and I stopped there. I did clean the base of the valve (for what good it may do) and boxed it up again.
    Had more luck with a sensor on the air inlet (possibly boost sensor?) which was pretty grubby....now cleaned with carb cleaner.
    We really could do with an underbonnet piccy, with labels as to what the bits are.........there is so little on the net about the 3.0 diesel
    The tread is actually a 6mm socket, I took my egr off twice last week, once to clean & the second time to replace.
    1st time took me 1 hr, second time took me 20min

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default EGR valve matters

I attach a pasted item from Regal Autosport - I assume in or near London regarding blanking-off the EGR. Whilst this is for the 1.9 CDTI, I have emailed them requesting information about the 3.0 CDTi V6 as I keep getting fault codes relating to the EGR even thought it is a brand new item.

1.9 CDTi EGR Blanking Plates

The 'EGR' system is an exhaust gas recirculation system. This means already burned exhaust gasses are redirected back into the combustion chamber to be reburned. This is common on most modern engines and is an easy way for manufacturers to meet emissions targets.

It does however reduce cylinder efficiency and allows sooty exhaust gasses back through the inlet tract. A very common problem with all 1.9CDTi cars is that the variable inlet manifold flaps become jammed with this soot and the cars become very lethargic.

If you have a CDTi and do not have an EGR problem, the blanking plates will ensure you do not encounter this problem in the future. we developed this product after encountering the 'Tumbler Flaps' jamming in our own Signum CDTi's inlet manifold and had to replace the manifold.

The potential savings in labour and parts just by fitting these plates and equipping your car with our EGR delete software is incredible!

Our EGR delete software is available for £480 and will also increase your performance from 120/150 bhp to around 200bhp and 300lbft of torque with no adverse effect on economy! In fact on a motorway cruise customers have reported an INCREASE in fuel economy!

Price: £43.43 (Including VAT at 20%)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default EGR valve matters

Just had an email from Regal Autosport. They do not stock a blanking plate for the V6 3.0 cdti, but could have one made specially.

In any event they are not sure whether or not the ECU can be remapped to suit the EGR being blanked. Hopefully coming back to me with more info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sabreman View Post
    Just had an email from Regal Autosport. They do not stock a blanking plate for the V6 3.0 cdti, but could have one made specially.

In any event they are not sure whether or not the ECU can be remapped to suit the EGR being blanked. Hopefully coming back to me with more info.
    I've been looking at this thread http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52983 and have gone down the route that many did at the time of drilling holes in the blanking plate.

Having said that, I was suffering from a misfire at small throttle openings and the drilled plate seems to have solved my problem. The car's just come back from my loacl VX stealer who did a software update (TIS2000 field remedy 1831) to the EGR with no drilled plate fitted. The misfire is still present but ever soooo much better and all traces of smoke under acceleration is now gone.

Maybe a software update might be the way forward?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Cyruskint View Post
    have a look in the section for the v6 i had a thread up with pics and labels of the v6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information