0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Default The leather.......

Following on from my previous thread http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148322

Well as most of you know I purchased myself the full half leather interior that a friend was breaking.
    As promised here are some pics. Not put the rear door cards on as im having rear electric windows and a full LED conversion on 5th November so no point really........
    Just got to put in the new interior light with map lights and sunglasses holder and modify the dash trim as its from a pre face GSI and needs cutting to fit the facelift....time to get the dremel out lol......
    I will post more pics over the weekend as I will be deep cleaning, polishing and sealing the seats and the car of course lol....

Its so nice to have half leather back, its so comfortable and I love how its much lower than the sri seats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Very nice fella, hoping to get at least some of my full leather set in tomorrow too, can't wait.

Get yourself some Lord Sheraton's leather balsam, was recommended to me by JohnSH8892 and is great stuff. We used AG leather balsam for a couple of coats and then that on top.

Edit: This stuff http://www.fabricdyes.co.uk/fabric_d...typeid=63#info best to buy a couple, you go through it like nobody's business
    Last edited by Ian-Highlander; 30th September 2011 at 11:39.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    Very nice fella, hoping to get at least some of my full leather set in tomorrow too, can't wait.

Get yourself some Lord Sheraton's leather balsam, was recommended to me by JohnSH8892 and is great stuff. We used AG leather balsam for a couple of coats and then that on top.

Edit: This stuff http://www.fabricdyes.co.uk/fabric_d...typeid=63#info best to buy a couple, you go through it like nobody's business
    I think I will be getting me some of that Ian thanks for the linky

For now I will use my guardsman cleaning kit that we have for the sofa lol. I have many cuts and broken tools from the last 2 days, but most of them was from removing door looms and window motors to do the rear electric windows.

Im going to see a guy on Saturday hopefully to look at getting the headrests embroided......Im thinking opel blitz on front ones, then just the word opel on the centre rear one.....What ya think peeps, ideas for tomorrow if you have any........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they look spot on mate, like the embroidary idea. Silver on the front blue on the back ones like your OPC badge and will tie in well with LED conversion when you get it done. (not having mine done tomorrow now....somethings come up )

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Very nice mate

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I am looking to swap my standard SRI interior to leather but the GSI interior keep popping up and to be honest I do like it and its a saving compared to full leather plus its still the sporty seat design like the sri which I like as they are very supportive which is good news with me having a duff back. The main reason I want full leather is because of having a dog and dreaded dog hair which bury themselves in the sri fabric so a bit stuck on which way to go. Can anyone tell me which is the most comfortable of the chairs, GSI or Elite full leather.

Thread Information