User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this how dealers treat all cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Is this how dealers treat all cars?

Just got my car back from independant garage who in turn took my car to dealers to have work done(2 weeks for a CIM module?)....car was picked back up from independants as they were locking up tonight covered in a layer of dust(which i can accept)

but what I will not accept is the fact that all my paintwork on my bonnet and roof is now blistering and bubbling from a copious amount of bird excrement that was left to fester while in the dealers charge

...you got it, independant says its not there concern and to take it up with vauxhall,dealer in return say speak to independant as they cannot speak to me.

What neither realise is is that while the dealers had my car i had cause to visit them to find out what was going on(they still refused to speak to me then even tho I'm the owner) so took a photo of my car at dealers(pics added)
    I pulled them about this and told that was how it was delivered...total BS as i was also at dealers doing work for them(I'm a windscreen engineer) when car was dropped to them and my car was immaculate(always took a pride in my car) the pics were taken on the 23rd and they had my car for a week already

Too late to put pics up of damage where they have tried to wash it off but will update tomorrow but where do I stand on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Hope you get it sorted, someone wants their backside kicking fo this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : Sri

Year : 03

Mileage : 105,000

OMFG .. now that's bad , id be flipping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

at my wits end with both parties to be honest, between the pair of them its just cost me £900..... 600 to stealers and 300 to independant for "work they say they did"....i just wanted my car back.

Worse part is i got car resprayed last Nov at considerable cost and now this...wheres the kick a dog smiley(lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Your contract is with the original garage
    If there was any damage whilst in their care (no matter what premises or sub-contracted) then they must put good their error
    You have good photographic evidence, so give them one last verbal chance to correct the issue (ideally with a witness)
    If they decline then obtain three quotes to repair the damage
    Submit this to them in writing (recorded delivery) and include that you want a full response within 28 days

However if you made arrangements for the dual work (part payment to garage and part payment to dealership), then it will be difficult to prove where the damage occured
    You therefore might need to consult the legal protection on your car insurance policy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had to pay independant whole bill who in turn pay stealers for there work

Oxfordshire for Pleasure, Berkshire for business
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I now work as a car cleaner ( dont consider mesen a valetor ) for a small dealer and that is if we have a long term car in awaiting parts etc then they are cleaned before return.

As for who is at fault, it is with the person who you left the car with, as I am guessing you will not have signed anything at the dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the car was cleaned before return but as you can imagine it looked like the whole bonnet was covered in weld splatter from where they crudely cleaned it, anyway I phoned them up today and was told "yeah we know"....and put the onus back on me because I insisted that I needed my car back yesterday(regardless that they knew two weeks ago that I started a new job and have to travel)...ahh so all along its my fault...t**ts

Anyway they sent a vxr paint specailist out today(chap from Rugby) and fair play to the guy who turned up as he mopped the entire car for me and not just where the crap was left to fester.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the plot thickens.....went to rinse down my car today at work in prep to give it a good waxing, as soon as water hit car it dispersed where they had moped bonnet and all the excrement is back through again and when round back of car i found they have tried using wet dry to rub out where the tits have obviously reversed car into bushes at dealer and then tried polishing with wax....so went round car with fine tooth comb to find that my nicely sprayed bumper has also got a 4 inch scratch in it just above where bumper trim sits on bottom towards wheel arch on the n/s

popped bonnet to find 2 relays stuffed between bonnet and n/s hinge, then some ecu? , the one that should be attached to the side of air filter housing was hanging loose down in engine bay hanging through to almost falling out

....oh it gets better....thought I best check main fusebox(being as found relays laying about) to find my main fusebox is not even secured to the car and you can literally lift it up and move it about.
    Phoned both dealers and the independant who are once again saying discuss it with each other and neither will admit liability.

Time to name and shame these muppets.....independant is Vauxsell in coventry and dealers is Brandish.

I went straight to dealers from work this afternoon to find that the t**t i spoke to had gone home so got one of the sales guys who i had to get out of showroom to have a look.....he agrees that the state of bonnet was a **** job but would not comment on other damage.

He then had the gaul to suggest i should come back and see him as I could always buy a new car off them.

I've tried to get good pic of state of bonnet but what you can see on first pic is not confined to centre and looks a lot worse with naked eye....then moving to n/s front bumper then round to back of car where they had it stuffed against bushes when first delivered

Time to get some legal advice I think
    Last edited by Tallywhacker; 1st October 2011 at 17:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry couple more...offending loose fuse box and only assume some sort of ecu? thats hanging there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information