Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Lewis....

Keeping my eye on Lewis as he appears to be the loudest noise in F1 whether he wins or loses.

It does seem to be that he is in more 'incidents' than any other driver. But is this down to him driving to win and pass at every opportunity or that he is making too many mistakes.
    I read today the Lewis' dad has been reported saying that Lewis is not getting the support from his team management!
    F1 is becoming a 'procession' and so unlike the good old days of the pre-late 80s.

On the other hand, we have Jensen who quietly pushes through great drives and consistently scores - with quite a lot of daring overtakes.

What are your thoughts on this?....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 1.9cdti sri 150 estate

Trim : sri

Engine : 1.9cdti 150

Year : 2007

imo he is young and desparate to do well. he does seem to be involved in too many incidents but i think that is down to him trying to overtake and do well.

jenson is more relaxed due to experience imo

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If Lewis and / or his management are unhappy with their relationship with McLaren, then they need only do what Alonso did when with McLaren
    Clearly they will try not to do this as there isn't really any other team that could match his current driver earnings (which would have such an opening or position)

As for the driving procession, this has mainly come about by rules, regulations, and engineering advancements
    The F1A really need to look at major changes season to season to try to break up this issue, the recent changes have helped (DRS)
    I personally would like to see the tyre combinations widened, so that it really is a hard / slow and soft / fast combination
    However, the Singapore Grand Prix allowed plenty of overtaking, taking Lewis as an example even with penalties managed to obtain racing points unlike the Renault team which seemed to go into meltdown

The Singapore Grand Prix also showed up a known flaw with qualifying as the two Force India cars did not complete any laps in Q3
    As a result they were then free to chose any tyres they wanted and their positions were determined by their car numbers
    Prior to this only one car had typically not completed any laps

Then there was the five place penalty that was applied to Liuzzi from the Italian Grand Prix
    This became irrelevant as he had qualified last
    Surely that can't be right either

I personally don't think the points structure is working, as it favours the best and there are too many points with too much of a spread

Sadly details and outcome by the Stewards on the Trulli incident has not been published

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

(what was the trulli incident?.. I only saw part of the race)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

take the good with the bad with lewis imo, its what makes him a great driver, i personally think he is overdriving the car at the moment, he knows its not a good enough car to compete with red bull, so hes pushing the limits of the car, and when hes stuck behind someone, he wants to waste no time in overtaking them and therefore loosing more time to red bull.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lewis wears his heart on his sleeve ... He never seems to be able to satisfy is mentors ...his team ...his opponents and his biggest competitor...himself

He is still young and exciting to watch ... Let's hope he is not another Senna and is taken away before he gets the opportunity to prove his critics and himself wrong

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chewy71 View Post
    (what was the trulli incident?.. I only saw part of the race)
    Unsafe release in the Pit Lane with Vettel passing on Lap 49, it was shown as Trulli Under Investigation but Trulli retired on Lap 53 (see below) before a penalty could be applied
    It has since been confirmed the incident actually involved Kovalainen, it was a team issue and so rather than have Trulli (or more correctly Kovalainen) serve a penalty at Japan the team will serve a Eu 10,000 fine instead
    A further incident involved Trulli and Perez, but Perez was found to be in error due to a radio issue with incorrect instructions (wrong position) and has also been fined
    Last edited by m8internet; 26th September 2011 at 19:33.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by taffy bhoy View Post
    take the good with the bad with lewis imo, its what makes him a great driver, i personally think he is overdriving the car at the moment, he knows its not a good enough car to compete with red bull, so hes pushing the limits of the car, and when hes stuck behind someone, he wants to waste no time in overtaking them and therefore loosing more time to red bull.
    That was the case earlier in the year when he was making mistake after mistake, his impatience costing him. But then at Monza when stuck behind Schumi he seemed to either struggle or be holding back, then up comes Button, takes them both and ******s off.

Lewis appeared to be impatient again in Singapore, and I would hazard a guess, in my own opinion, that atleast 50% of Lewis collisions could have been avoided this year if he had more patience, he seems to lunge rather than over take, the visibility on F1 cars is awful, you can't rely on your competitors seeing everything if you yourself can't see everything out of your own car.

But I', not phazed, I've always been a big Button fan, and never really warmed to Lewis, I don't like the fact he jumped straight into a McLaren, whereas Button has had to earn his respect.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Where possible I watch all three practice sessions
    One thing that seems to have been made very clear over the last two Grand Prix is how different the two McLaren cars, more so at the Singapore Grand Prix, and it may be this disparity that is causing the anger and frustration

Button has been testing various front suspension and brake components, he knew this lost him testing time in P2 on Friday
    However the gamble was for an improvement in performance with basic testing in P3

When you then compare this to the other teams, it is normally the number one driver that has first choice over components
    The more recent example was at Red Bull, where Webber was testing a new front wing, which was then given to Vettel leaving Webber with the old one
    When you then transfer this to the current goings on at McLaren I think you can then see the political can of worms

I think it is only a matter of time before one of the two current drivers leaves McLaren
    I know Webber and Schumacher aren't the youngest, but assuming they retired at the end of this season, would Hamilton make a good number 2 driver to Vettel? (or would this reignite the old Hamilton - Alonso stalemate)
    Last edited by m8internet; 26th September 2011 at 23:25.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I thought it was Renault that were fined for the radio mix up? Senna was given the wrong information and hit Perez.

I heard Anthony Hamilton on the radio yesterday morning. He was not criticising McClaren, he was criticising Hamilton's Management team for not having a driver manager. Essentially they are there for Brand Hamilton and nothing else. Hamilton senior is hardly unbiased in this though.

The incident with Massa was a schoolboy error. One that Button would not have made. The drive through was 100% correct not least because it might make him think more about track craft next time and less about his vendetta with the number two that is Massa.

The McClaren gaff in qualifying (which verges on the keystone cops territory) did compromise his grid position and anyone who follows Webber into the first corner these days is stuffed.

I think fundamentally Hamilton is a faster driver than Button but the table doesn't lie. Dumbing it down if the car is capable of finishing second, Button will deliver that. Hamilton will either win or crash.

Meanwhile Vettel is in a better team, with a better team principle and crucially has an Adrian Newy designed car under him which takes the corners better. He also happens to be the best driver by a mile too. Very frustrating for us Hamilton supporters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information