Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c SRI Facelift

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2006

Default When it all goes right

For over a month i had been been searching for my ideal Vectra,i knew i wanted a 1.9cdti but not sure on what model,spec or BHP.After getting some advice from fellow members on here i decided on the 150BHP but still hadnt made my mind up on what spec.A mate of mine has an SRI and it was the first verctra i had even driven but was blown away by it.I had made up my mind at that point that i wanted one.

I spent hundreds of hours searching the internet but with no joy.I had been to view a few and was very frustrated and annoyed that so many sellers advertise their car as "VGC" or "excellent condition" only to find that they were a pile of bolts and asking top money.I dread to think how much money i had spent on fuel looking at cars and generaly wasting my time.I had seen a few on autotrader but were along way away(150 miles) and couldnt afford to travel all that way only to be greated by a shed of a car.

I had almost given and looking and actually planned to call off the search untill after xmas but i decided to check the forsale section on this forum just out of interest really.I saw there was a 1.9cdti sri 150 forsale so i clicked on the link.I was greeted with a stunning looking SRI which was in my price range,i knew at that moment that that was the car for me.It was the right colour,right spec and low miles.I got intouch with the seller straight away and said that i was very interested.After a few txt's i had made up my mind that i wanted it.I think at the time the seller didnt think i was genuine espcially as i lived 350 miles away and wouldnt be able to view it.After a couple of days of txt'ing the seller i put down a deposit.I know this is a big no,no but i just had a feeling it was all good.

My main problem was getting to newcastle,i had 2 options: hire a car which had a drop of location in newcastle or get a train.Both were pretty expensive but it had to be done,in the end i went for a train,i just dont think driving for 7 hours and then driving 7 hours back would of been wise.Another problem was that i have to look after my baby daughter when the misses goes to work so i only had a couple of days a week i coud make the trip.I had planned to go this saturday but the seller was busy and only had a small window when he would be in and due to train time tables he wouldnt be in when i got there.Sunday was good for both of us so we planned for then.As luck would have it i was able to go a few days earlier on wednesday and after a few txt's to see if it was ok to come a few days earlier the journey was planned!

Now i did something that some people would say was stupid,crazy,idiotic but i only got a 1 way train ticket.My thoughts behind this were if the car wasnt what i wanted then it would just be a steep learning curve and i would just have to buy a ticket home.like i said earlier i had almost given up looking or a vectra so if i had to shell out for another ticket home it wouldnt of really mattered.I also did another crazy thing(although i look at it as sensible) and i actually insured myself on the car as i didnt want to test drive it without being insured.

I didnt get much sleep tuesday night as i was sooooo excited and couldnt wait to get on the train.After a 5 hours train journey(and a very enjoyable one) i arrived in newcastle upon tyne.the first thing that struck me was how cold it was,i didnt realise how much differance there was between the north and the south lol.I txt the seller to say i was here and he left his house to come and get me.I kept a lookout for him but the traffic was heaving and gridlocked.I heard a roar of an engine and looked around to see my car.It was even better in person that the pics.I already knew it was the car for me but that moment finalized it for me.

After jumping into the car(literaly as the traffic was so busy) we drove to his house.When i arrived i was greeted by his family and was made to feel very very welcome indeed.I had actually taken my mum with me as she has a rail card and got discount,plus it was company on the trip and she had never been that far north before lol.While the women chatted i was showed the car and it was EXACTLY as described,infact it was even better.i actually declined a test drive at first because i has seen how well it drove but the seller insisted i took it out(which i thought was a good sign that everything was good).Now this is the reason why i had changed my insurace over the night before,i was driving a fast car that i wasnt used to in heavy traffic somehwhere i hadnt been before and not to mention it wasnt yet my car.The test drive was fantastic and although it wasnt yet my car it felt like it already was.When we got back to his house he showed me under the bonnet and told me things look out for i.e.cleaning EGR valve and checking other bits and bobs that could/would need to do keep it running sweet.he had all the recipts for all the work he had done on the car aswell as the service history and all the prevous mot's so all the paperwork was there as promised.I was so eger to exchange money and keys but i had to hide it coz i didnt want to look desperate lol.

After a chat and the seller making sure i was happy with the car we did the exchange and the car was mine.I couldnt believe i actuall owned a Vectra after weeks and weeks of searching and being let down.Even the thought of a 7 hour drive home it didnt phase me at all.After filling up with diesel we set on our way home.Every mile was a dream and the car ate up the miles.Theres alot of roadworks on the motorways and probably 30% of the journey was limited to 50mph but with the cruise control i just sat back and enjoyed it.When i could put my put down the car pulled like a steam train through all the gears and sat a steady 80mph without any trouble at all.Even after 7 hours driving(with a couple of stops for food and the loo) i was still buzzing and could of driven all night and the following day.I arrived home at 3:30am and the adrenaline was still running through me lol.

Ive ben driving the car every second i can since i got back and everytime i sit in it i still cant believe its mine

i would just like to take this chance to say a MASSIVE thanks to the seller Simon(supersione) and his family for making us feel so welcome in his home and being a true gentleman and so honest.I would never of taken the risk if of traveling all that way to buy a car id never seen if i had had any doubt in my mind.I know that he wasnt totaly convinced that i was genuine untill i actually arrived.I wouldnt of felt the same if somebody who lived the otherside of the country had said they wanted to buy my car without seeing it.

This has made my year.Its been a particularly bad one for one reason and another but im glad to say that this experiance has really helped me forget the bad stuff and look forward.

Again,I would like to thank Simon and his family for the welcome we recieved and the hospitality for the short time we was in newcastle.

I will be taking some pics this weekend and will get them posted a.s.a.p

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i'm glad it turned out good and you are a happy chappy .

i think that was a great price he was selling at with that milage and history .

did you see his new honda while u were there ,

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c SRI Facelift

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

yeah i think i was very lucky and i got it below the advertised price which was a bonus

No i didnt see the honda,by the time we got everything sorted it was getting late and had to head back.Maybe he will put some pics up on here,he said he will still stay a member so fingers crossed

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nice one m8!

I had a similar story with my Signum - bought it if Ebay (had also seen it on pistonheads), not actually seen the car in the flesh (I live in Elland and the car was in Wellingborough).

After winning the auction, got a one way ticket to Wellingborough with 5 grand in £50's in my pocket.... sellers were 100% gen & really nice people.

Not bought a car like that before... was quite good fun

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SRI 150

Engine : 1.9 CDTI

Year : 2007

Thats brilliant Justin I'm pleased after all the searching that you found :The One" enjoy it mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Mileage : 130k

Great one Justin. I have been following your plight of finding a decent vec.

Glad to hear it went well and that your enjoying the car.

Welcome to the fold!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wow, thats some story. nearly had a tear for you bud. Glad it all ended well and hope your enjoying your new motor. Any pics?

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

A great read ....

Attachment 47660

Stunning car you have bought ...ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

great read justin and a credit for simon,for being a great seller

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

Trim : No, over weight!

Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

A-team Quote: "I love it when a plan comes together !"

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information