StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heater Blower not working on Climate Control Model

Hi All,
    My wifes heater blower motr has stopped working.
    Here car is the Elite and has the Electronic, fully automatic Climate Control.
    The blower motr basically stopped, but as it had a bit of a "Squeeky Period" before it stopped, and as we had previously had a wet passengers floor because of hte drain being blocked and water seeping through the pollen filter into the car, I assumed it was a siezed motor. However, upon inspection, I found that the motor was running freely (apart from the usual magnetic drag). So, I check all the fueses and then the power to the motor.

Basically, there was power to the plug as it goes into the Regulator which fits onto the bottom of the motor, but nothing coming out of the regulator. As this is a Climate Control car, it not the usual resistor bassed system where the blower has 4 speeds and it only work on setting 4(as the highest setting by-passes the resistor), so, after seeingpower into the unit, but not out the other end, and after reading various posts on various sites, I decided to hunt for a Regulator pack.

I've now done this by sourcing a new unit made by Valeo as the OEM one is, but at a better price than GM, but still the Blower Does Not work!!

ARGH!

Any suggestions please guys?

I'm asuming the relays are ok as there is power down to the plug.

P.S. I was on the spanners back in the 80's and have worked in the trade all my life so I have a good understanding, to save the obvious replies ;-)

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you changed the regulator ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi SB1UK,

Yes, I tried changing the Regulator at the bottom of the motor, but No Change.....

BUT, after trawling through many pages on here from other peoples same problems, I decided to ry the motor again, as although it moved when I tried it, I questioned myself on the phrase "Moved Freely" ........

I drowned the bottom of the motor, where the armeture is in a product I sell Called "SUPER" from a German company called CARAMBA, which is everything that WD40 is, BUT it is also a lubricant, and after about 5 minutes of turning the motor from under the bonnet, it began to feel alot looser in its movement, and guess what, it now B****Y works, even with the old Regulator in!

So, it seems that it doesn't need much resistance in the motor to stop it as mine was not siezed, but under tension!

The saving grace is that the part I got (now not needed) was brand new, but only £117 rather than the £200 that VX wanted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you sorted it out well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wifesgotasignum View Post
    Hi SB1UK,

Yes, I tried changing the Regulator at the bottom of the motor, but No Change.....

BUT, after trawling through many pages on here from other peoples same problems, I decided to ry the motor again, as although it moved when I tried it, I questioned myself on the phrase "Moved Freely" ........

I drowned the bottom of the motor, where the armeture is in a product I sell Called "SUPER" from a German company called CARAMBA, which is everything that WD40 is, BUT it is also a lubricant, and after about 5 minutes of turning the motor from under the bonnet, it began to feel alot looser in its movement, and guess what, it now B****Y works, even with the old Regulator in!

So, it seems that it doesn't need much resistance in the motor to stop it as mine was not siezed, but under tension!

The saving grace is that the part I got (now not needed) was brand new, but only £117 rather than the £200 that VX wanted!
    Did have to take the motor out to get to the lower bearing near the armature. My wifes Signum has same problem although the motor sometimes runs slowly even on speed 7. The speed does vary according to the speed it is set at but not at the full speed it used to do. There's no water in the footwell drain is clear but it happened after going through a BP Garage Wash
    Mods: Afl, Headlight Washers XP Body Kit, Folding Mirrors, ESP/TC ,UHP4, MIJ Dual Exhaust, Tinted Windows, Signum Memory Seats Passenger door boot door lock switch, Red Calipers, Opel Wind Deflectors Signum Fog lights, TPMS Parkpilot, Irmscher chrome mirror covers, interior memory mirror

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I might have been able to sell the spare Blower Motor I have when I read the title

Glad you sorted it, not long had problems with my own, no blowers in this weather not good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is huge amounts of info on heater failing due to water ingress on one of the other topics, but not so much on the Elite Climate Control. I had a problem with mine and managed to fix it so have added what worked for me.

-Water ingress like everyone else. Climate Control heater motor didn't work on any setting.
    -Checked the resister/regulator; I took it off the bottom of the motor housing (a bit fiddly but not difficult); no visible water damage on the circuit board, so (with it connected into the power cable, but not the motor housing) used a multimeter to check that it was still producing current out, which it was (you can tell because the current changes on each of the heater settings)
    - Problem for me was the motor had clogged up (probably due to rust from the water). I thought that I would have to buy a new motor but after reading that Caramba worked for the previous contributor, I put loads of WD40 down the top of the motor (accessed via the pollen filter), manually rotated the top of the motor a number of times and left for a few days.
    - Reconnecting the resistor/regulator, I found that it worked.
    - For others it could easily be that the regulator gets corroded and hence needs replacing but also that the motor gets clogged up so try both.

Thread Information