User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Subaru Impreza WRX previous owners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Subaru Impreza WRX previous owners.

I'm after a comparison between my 2.0T preface 2003 Vectra and a Subaru Impreza WRX, either the blob eye or the eagle eye model. I'm considering both the 2.0 WRX and the 2.5 WRX.
    What I wanted to know was if anyone has previously had one of these cars, or knows anything about them? Whether there is considerably less room and comfort, what's the difference in yearly running costs, servicing etc? Just what kind of power increase and handling improvement is there?

The reason I'm interested is I figure that now is the time to own a smaller more sporty car, while I have relatively few outgoing bills and no children to worry about.
    I will shortly be going to test drive a work mates' slightly older WRX, which has been upgraded to STI spec.
    Not surprisingly, my girlfriend isn't hot on the idea, but I have decided, after a lot of thought, that I do seriously like these cars, or at least the idea of them, not having driven one yet.
    So any information any of you fine ladies and gents have on these cars is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well my old man had a 2.5 wrx think was a 56 plate he bought new fantastic at point n squirt n fast a/b roads but motorway car it aint looks was quite good plain blacklittle spoiler so wasnt in your face but the fuel even on motorway was unreal we went to devon me in mine and we always stopping for fuel i filled mine before we set off and went down and up on same tank he wasnt getting 200 miles a tank on motorway!! and its super only also its fast but over a distance it was tireing and the inside is like a 1980s jap taxi dont get me wrong i think you will love it when you drive it but also think you wont keep for long but enjoy it if you do oh after the trip to devon my old man bought same car as me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So basically unless I'm going to start pretending I'm in Fast and Furious, I may as well go for a VXR. More power but maintains comfort and gadgets. I think the fuel would seriously start to get on top of me, especially as I'm not earning anything to shout about at the moment. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In truth yes there basic and not the last word in comfort but not meant to be and there small in the back seats get a vxr it will tick a lot more boxes

Thread Information