Its taken a little longer than expected but that was down to not being able to match this annoying paint colour.. even the rattle cans from the dealers did not match... got a bloke in to paint them in the end, even he had had trouble matching the paint colour.
So we started off with a cat D vec 1.8 exclusive in z163 Silver lightnight, luckily we ended up with one too..
Got it delivered from the salvage yard and went about stripping it down one friday afternoon back in July i think..
After replacing the rad pack and impact bar i set about working on the spare bumper i had lying around. I moulded in the the XP1 splitter to make it seemless.. My hard work on that paid off when it was painted and it looked as i intended it to.
I decided to start paying more attention to the details of other dings, or rather my my made me start.. So i changed the front passenger door as it was cheaper than having a small ding filled and repainted. I filled a couple of dings and scratches on the bonnet lip which i figured i would get painted/blended when the bumper is painted.
The car is all ready now, i changed the variable resister on the aircon blower to sort out the thing where it only works on position 4, that was cheap and easy. A new fuse sorted the rad fans. Lee_GSI switched on the BC on the CDC40 Opera for me and also the error checking thing. I have shoved a Pipercross panel filter in and done the airbox mod of course.
On monday it goes in for its MOT and we are then all set.
Now i can get that off my drive and my siggy back on there to do some tweaking..