User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: mad £££ on fuel only done...

  1. #1
    Regular Member dannyjpuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default mad £££ on fuel only done...

    as above its crazy i put £10.00 in my car this morning after work drove home showing 60 miles on range then i come in tonight and its showing 40 iv only done 20 miles or so and my range flashes at 30miles mad nerly £10 a day

  2. #2
    Regular Member Penfold101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    You're driving a 1.8 petrol at 1.30 a litre - what do you expect dude....

  3. #3
    Regular Member dannyjpuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    You're driving a 1.8 petrol at 1.30 a litre - what do you expect dude....


    its mental !!! lol how can i save lol i try and use cruise control as much as i can and coast when i can any ideas would chiping it make any diff

  4. #4
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    coasting use's **** loads a fuel ..!!!

  5. #5
    Regular Member dannyjpuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    coasting use's **** loads a fuel ..!!!

    ehhh does it i thought diping the clutch going down hill or whatever would save fuel

  6. #6
    Regular Member Jow20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Sound about right i get about 110 mile for 25 quid so a tenner will get yeah about 35 mile!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Penfold101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyjpuk View Post
    ehhh does it i thought diping the clutch going down hill or whatever would save fuel
    When you take your foot off the accelerator and the car slows down it's due to the engine braking the car. In doing so it shuts off the fuel supply so the instantaneous consumption reads 999 miles per gallon. This is the car's momentum driving the engine, instead of the engine driving the car.

    When you dip the clutch the engine is separated from the wheels and so it needs fuel to keep on turning or it would stall. If you're doing 60mph you'll still be getting over 100mpg as the engine is just idling, but you'll still use lots in comparison.

    The difference is that you'll lose more speed using engine braking than you do by coasting, but it's all swings and roundabouts really...

  8. #8
    Regular Member dannyjpuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    When you take your foot off the accelerator and the car slows down it's due to the engine braking the car. In doing so it shuts off the fuel supply so the instantaneous consumption reads 999 miles per gallon. This is the car's momentum driving the engine, instead of the engine driving the car.

    When you dip the clutch the engine is separated from the wheels and so it needs fuel to keep on turning or it would stall. If you're doing 60mph you'll still be getting over 100mpg as the engine is just idling, but you'll still use lots in comparison.

    The difference is that you'll lose more speed using engine braking than you do by coasting, but it's all swings and roundabouts really...

    wow never knew that i just thought ahhh coast as what you say computer says 999mpg ( ahh thats good lol) but its not now i know why lol

  9. #9
    Regular Member Penfold101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyjpuk View Post
    wow never knew that i just thought ahhh coast as what you say computer says 999mpg ( ahh thats good lol) but its not now i know why lol
    Just to confirm - coasting is when you put the clutch IN and let the engine idle while you're decelerating. This uses fuel but you lose the speed less quickly than if you leave it in gear and let the speed bleed off using engine braking (this is when it reads 999mpg)..

  10. #10
    Regular Member dannyjpuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    Just to confirm - coasting is when you put the clutch IN and let the engine idle while you're decelerating. This uses fuel but you lose the speed less quickly than if you leave it in gear and let the speed bleed off using engine braking (this is when it reads 999mpg)..

    yeah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2.2 direct fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator
    By w111y in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th July 2012, 22:12
  2. Fuel housing sensor/fuel temp senser a
    By sri adi in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd July 2010, 10:15
  3. high pressur fuel pump and fuel regulator ?
    By simplesi in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th April 2010, 12:23
  4. Fuel pressure sensor/fuel pump failure list following Watchdog investigation.
    By happychappy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14th January 2009, 13:18

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •