Thread: Global Warming/Taxing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Global Warming/Taxing

Ere we go again, what a con, has anyone been to the poles and got a tape out and measured the ice?

They blame us for it, so how come Britain used to be conected to Europe until the sea rose, what would the excuse have been back then? ohhh you cavemen will have to stop clubbing things all the effort swinging it is causing greenhouse gases.

I live near the sea, and the tide is as it always has been, why dont they just zap everyone if they want lemmingworld to happen.

Ohh yeah Al Gore, the leading man of the earth, failed polititian, what shall I do now, jump on the wagon and write a book to scare ppl even more and line my pockets in the process.

spoons

Evening VV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello Spoons, just off to work, but i've left my mark to keep the ppl entertained for now

Enjoy

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran
    Hello Spoons, just off to work, but i've left my mark to keep the ppl entertained for now Enjoy
    Have a good one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Apparently the UK accounts for 2% of the global emissions, so even if there is truth in this (not convinced) we need China and the US to buy in also as we ain't gonna have much effect otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It said on the News tonight that China opens a new coal powered power station every 10 days

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi
    It said on the News tonight that China opens a new coal powered power station every 10 days
    Yeah, but I also heard that Diagnostix sells a tuning box every 9 days, so that must account for more soot than those powerstations

ONLY KIDDING, DONT KILL ME !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Perhaps Mr Gore will put some of his book profits back into repairing the environment?

I think not!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

all this is just the goverment trying to scare u into accepting a new tax rise daft thing is we all complain about it but we vote the sods back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I think that raising taxes is not the way forward, it's almost saying it's OK to extra pollute as long as you pay some money to someone. So what happens? The rich pay and pollute legally. And the poorer invent ways of getting round it and probably pollute even more or with worse chemicals.

One example that springs to mind is the disposal of used engine oil. The more astute will dispose of it properly at the local site, drive there (paying for fuel etc) and maybe even have to pay for the oil itself to be disposed of. The less well off dig a hole in next doors back garden (or some other area close by but not in their own back yard) and dump it in, or pour it down the drains or put it in a can and place it in the wheelie bin.

Like I said, pay and dispose of properly, or do it for free and make a more damaging job of it. Same with 'green taxes' - pollute and pay money for the priviledge.

What we actually need is to EDUCATE better. We also NEED USA, China and India to buy in, other wise our efforts are a small drop in the ocean.

The thing is that CO2 production is a inherent product of burning fossil fuels. We all want energy and to be able to drive around. But we want it to be convenient and comfortable, that is the big problem.
    We have the technology today for cars to double fuel economy (at least) but it makes the car very slow and totally unexciting. Public demand doesn't want this, so market forces make car manufacturers produce the cars they do.

The other way to reduce CO2 production is to employ more Nuclear power generation, which does not produce CO2. Or wind farms, wave power, solar power, tidal power etc etc. All these have other social / environmental impacts and can blight landscapes.

We, the people, decide what is and what is not acceptable. I hope we choose wisely, there is a lot riding on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information