User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: statutory sick pay advice

  1. #1
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default statutory sick pay advice

    hi everyone I'm looking for some help on statutory sick pay and how it all works ? I have been given a sick note for 2 weeks i had 6 days sick pay left so will the statutory sick pay cover the other days that i don't get paid ?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ...........
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidlewis24 View Post
    hi everyone I'm looking for some help on statutory sick pay and how it all works ? I have been given a sick note for 2 weeks i had 6 days sick pay left so will the statutory sick pay cover the other days that i don't get paid ?
    I guess what your saying is that the company you work for pays you so many days a year for sickness, so you only have 6 days of that entitlement left - if so once these days are gone you will revert to SSP - the first 3 days are waiting days and no SSP is due after that the SSP rate is £81.60 per week or £16.32 per day for a five day working week

    of course, this is the minimum the employer has to pay, they can pay the extra to top up your wage to your normal amount if they wish

    hope this helps

  3. #3
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peelmeister View Post
    I guess what your saying is that the company you work for pays you so many days a year for sickness, so you only have 6 days of that entitlement left - if so once these days are gone you will revert to SSP - the first 3 days are waiting days and no SSP is due after that the SSP rate is £81.60 per week or £16.32 per day for a five day working week

    of course, this is the minimum the employer has to pay, they can pay the extra to top up your wage to your normal amount if they wish

    hope this helps
    brilliant thank you for the quick reply mate so i take it the waiting days start once my sick day entitlement ends ?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ...........
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidlewis24 View Post
    brilliant thank you for the quick reply mate so i take it the waiting days start once my sick day entitlement ends ?
    yep, but remember you wont get anything for the first three days

  5. #5
    Regular Member farley2708's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    antrim n.ireland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    but if you go off again inside 6 weeks it pays from day 1,no waiting days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sick pay - Advice please
    By spennny in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th October 2010, 18:02
  2. Statutory Cardit Reports
    By Big Sig in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 30th November 2009, 13:52
  3. Oh well another day off sick.....
    By j13hdb in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th February 2008, 02:57
  4. Statutory Warranty
    By Vectra-SRI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29th July 2007, 11:25
  5. Pig Sick!!!
    By Brocks in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2nd September 2006, 16:14

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •