Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up Can it be done??

Summers over and now all we have to look forward to is the days getting colder and God forbid "snow"....last year my veccy didnt give me one bit of bother starting,every morning no problem -10 didnt seem to bother her at all ,but what did seem to bother her was getting grip in the snow..something had to be done,i couldnt get her to rev to help get me up some hills the t/c just kept cutting in and reduced my revs,finally i had enough and one dec evening i jacked her up and pulled the plugs out of the sensors thus rendering the t/c and abs inoperative! Way hey !! No t/c she revved freely !! Didnt get stuck once after that...now what i would like to know is..has any other members ever been able to retrofit a after market switch to turn the t/c off/on,ive checked behind the dash for a socket for where the t/c would be and no joy....can it be done ??
    Last edited by gjsteed; 13th September 2011 at 14:22.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

theirs a way of turning t/c off without the button ive read it on here but dont know where it is
    have the car engine running (ticking over) press the brake in and quickly turn the ignition off then on faster enough so the engine doesnt cut out all the dash lights come on then go off part from t/c stays on then you have no traction control
    i have the switch in mine so when i read it tested it on a 2.0t the brother inlaws and it worked

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Il give it a go ...

Cheers tristan il give that a go in the morning and let ya know if it works !!

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

Have you checked for the blue plug, with an 03 dti your more likely to have it than most.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Blue plug

Ive popped the small blank off and just looked in behind but nothing is there, if i get a minute this week end il slide the radio out and have a proper nosey in behind .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I remember having none switchable tc on my preface dti & it was a "pita" i'm glad it was dropped off the facelift...
    I had no issues at all last winter in my current Vec, even with the poor performing Avons... i am looking forward to seeing how the S&M rated Neutons compare

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default switch

I am always thinking of work arounds and have thought of an easy one for this,

Why not run some twin wires up to the dash from the wire you pulled out last winter splice into one of the wires at the sensor end cut it to form two wires to interupt the cuircuit and solder the two wires you have run to the dash in place and heat shrink the joint.

you can then site a small switch from maplin wherever under the dash or in the ash tray ect ect so you can turn on and off the traction easily??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Idea !!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsimes View Post
    I am always thinking of work arounds and have thought of an easy one for this,

Why not run some twin wires up to the dash from the wire you pulled out last winter splice into one of the wires at the sensor end cut it to form two wires to interupt the cuircuit and solder the two wires you have run to the dash in place and heat shrink the joint.

you can then site a small switch from maplin wherever under the dash or in the ash tray ect ect so you can turn on and off the traction easily??
    Bob my friend you may be onto something there !! But..would i need to bring 2wires from each wheel/sensor ? If i can remember correctly last december i had only pulled one sensor out to start with thinking that would be enough to disrupt the tc/abs but as i discovered it only stopped that one particular wheel from working ,the other continued to work...and if that was the case could a switch be bought that would cater for 4 wires and one switch..???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry Bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by 6009tristanb View Post
    theirs a way of turning t/c off without the button ive read it on here but dont know where it is
    have the car engine running (ticking over) press the brake in and quickly turn the ignition off then on faster enough so the engine doesnt cut out all the dash lights come on then go off part from t/c stays on then you have no traction control
    i have the switch in mine so when i read it tested it on a 2.0t the brother inlaws and it worked
    Tristan this didnt work for me , tried it a few times, no joy ...thanks anyway

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default both sides

Yes you could do it for both sides run the 4 wires to one double pole switch and the one flick of the switch would interupt both signals from both sides at once no need to have 2 switches, the ones i posted a pic of should do the switch you pick should have 6 connections on the bottom of the switch.

Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information