Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Default Oh FFS, I give up...

Came out of work today to see my passenger mirror hanging off in bits, mirror cover on the road under the wheel and part of the housing snapped off and on the road. Closer inspection showed several scratches and a chip on the passenger front wing too where bits of mirror had hit it I assume.

Amazingly the glass was intact and hanging by one of it's wires, I've managed to re-assemble the housing so that it's sort of sitting right and at least is useable for now, but the whole assembly is bent upwards slightly and of course the paintwork on it is knackered. Seriously hacked off (yet again).

However, despite my initial swearing, inwardly screaming and shouting as I walked round the car I noticed a bit of paper under my wiper. Wondering what it said I opened it up and it was a compliments slip from the solicitors office next door saying the name of the company of the lorry responsible for the damage and to contact this solicitor for info, turns out him and his secretary saw the lorry hit it so fairly reliable witnesses at least

Phoned the company this afternoon and been told the fleet manager will call me back in the morning. But of course, I'm gonna have to get quotes, then send them off then wait then book it in, try and get a curtousey car etc etc etc. Sheesh what a sodding palava and just my sodding luck.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : .

Trim : .

Engine : .

Year : .

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    Came out of work today to see my passenger mirror hanging off in bits, mirror cover on the road under the wheel and part of the housing snapped off and on the road. Closer inspection showed several scratches and a chip on the passenger front wing too where bits of mirror had hit it I assume.

Amazingly the glass was intact and hanging by one of it's wires, I've managed to re-assemble the housing so that it's sort of sitting right and at least is useable for now, but the whole assembly is bent upwards slightly and of course the paintwork on it is knackered. Seriously hacked off (yet again).

However, despite my initial swearing, inwardly screaming and shouting as I walked round the car I noticed a bit of paper under my wiper. Wondering what it said I opened it up and it was a compliments slip from the solicitors office next door saying the name of the company of the lorry responsible for the damage and to contact this solicitor for info, turns out him and his secretary saw the lorry hit it so fairly reliable witnesses at least

Phoned the company this afternoon and been told the fleet manager will call me back in the morning. But of course, I'm gonna have to get quotes, then send them off then wait then book it in, try and get a curtousey car etc etc etc. Sheesh what a sodding palava and just my sodding luck.
    you were very lucky someone saw it, and a solicitor to boot - i think its case closed, go for the full hog fella

Carterton, but.....I walk a lonely road the only road i have ever known
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Feel for ya mate few weeks ago i watched an old boy drive into a peugot 306 at a busy supermarket hit it damaged the headlight reversed put his shopping in and cleared off couldnt believe what i just seen. I was the ONLY person who saw it that recorded reg and car and went to find the owner. At least you have witnesses though mate and its not coming outta your own pocket because of some mindless idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

did u not tell him you were selling a set paddy lol

Carterton, but.....I walk a lonely road the only road i have ever known
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

loll forgot bout them at the time loll to be honest couldnt believe the fella just cleared off he musta been in his 50's if not older

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear that mate
    suppose it could have been worse,
    is there not somewhere safer you could park it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate
    suppose it could have been worse,
    is there not somewhere safer you could park it?
    Our staff car park only has seven spaces in it and they do it on a rota system allocating you so many days per week (today was the only day mine wasn't in the car park this week ironically). I could park it half way across Cambridge but prefer to be parked outside the office (although it costs me £7 a day). Such is life I guess, just sods law that lorry had to be going down the road the one day this week I was parked out there.

Time for that folding mirror upgrade I think.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Hatchback

Trim : Life(well it was)

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 166000

ive given up with my mirrors living where i do and will only put a new unit on when i move :/ but soz to hear youve had yet more bad luck :/ hope it all gets sorted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

bummer, but tf for the witnessess....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Sorry to hear off this, glad you got such good witnesses - too much to ask for the other driver to bother to stop, of course. Had similar outside the Ranch House western goods store. Wendy took me over in her MPV, had to park in the road. Half an hour later her mirror was smashed to bits. Felt guiltier as she was just giving me a lift.
    Yor car is stunning, hope it's soon back to it's normal shiny condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information