User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What fun have you had with your car this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What fun have you had with your car this week?

Got stranded just outside bluewater shopping centre yesturday after an ebay seller stood me up, so wasnt in a good frame of mind anyway. Pulled out the carpark onto the bypass and it felt like someone had a tow rope attached to me. Struggled to get up to 30 going uphil and very juddery under accelleration. Decided not to carry on as i had a very bad feeling it was the inlet/swirl valves giving out. Got towed back to a friends garage who found no fault codes on the computer, checked boost pipes, few other bits. Ran the engine then gave all 4 injector plugs a wiggle and would you know it No4 has a back connection, she sounds alot smoother now hes put a lacky band round it to get me home. No3 has been done by vaux in the past you can see, didnt realise all the others were potentials aswell. ......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

went to get cam belt changed on wednesday, was then told it had been booked in for thursday??

i though ok fair enough, went back thursday and was left there alllllll day, MOT was done, but crank pulley was ceased on so they couldnt replace belts and WP, they laced pulley with oil then gave me the car back and asked me to go back next day...

friday!!! (third day at garage!) dropped car at 0800, again was left there allllllllllllll day, gets to garage at 1600 for them to tell me that they only managed to free pulley at 1500 so didnt have time to do cam belt and wp again!

sooo having to go back again tuesday!!!

suppose on the plus side they are not charging me for the labour to free pulley, and i am not having to buy a new one lol (been taking car there for years and is the best mechanic in miles)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Yesterday morning Bob (Bobssignum) and Dean (Plasma) came round and we got my rear upper control arms, all four poly ARB bushes fitted and then did an oil and filter change for Bob and an oil and filter change and air filter change as well as bleeding all four brake calipers for Dean. All followed by an Amy special roast beef dinner with all the trimmings and raspberry roulade for afters.

Dean went home late last night, Bob's still here. Today we've cleaned Bob's car and sorted a load of scratches on his paint work with his D/A and I refurbed one of his headlights and we got the other one half done. I also fixed one of my freeview aerials in the boot of mine as it had stopped working (internal wire in the coax had snapped so a bit of a re-solder and heat shrink job). We're now sitting here smelling another roast dinner cooking (Pork this time) and Bob's toying with the idea of staying again tonight lol

All in all, a fun and busy weekend.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Hampshire (Near Havant) . .Drives: Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Year : 2005

Not done anything to the car this weekend but its in need of a good wash and have a set of dark lights ready to fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Washed and waxed the car yesterday morning. 2 mins after I finished, it rained!!

Drove to my parents and back (about 100 mile round trip) only to discover the wipers are really crap and so are the headlights and tyres!

Got up this morning and the car was filthy again so another Hoover, wash and quick shine (I'll be ******ed if I'm waxing it twice in 24 hrs). New flatblade wipers ordered this morning tyres and HIDs will be ordered in due course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

yesterday.

fitted new GM flatblade wipers, cleaned and re-oiled K&N air filter and cleaned out airbox, did an oil/filter change plus fuel filter on my car, also did an oil/filter on bibby's v6cdti then snow-foamed and washed both car's, tried a little mod out on ben's car and decided to leave for now as rain was on way and low and behold about 20 mins after finishing it came down like god knows what, came home and gave first coat of paint to new engine cover design for my car..

today.

took kids to park for a few hours then met up with bibby to sort out an overheating prob on a 2.2 frontera, got that all sorted in about 2 hours so came home had dinner and finished of my engine cover's new paintwork and laquered it all up, now to do battery n fuse box covers to match
    Last edited by ditchp; 11th September 2011 at 20:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Ok, well, bad news was the day after I got all four Neutonson the car, I went a couple of miles up the High Street to collect a prescription, only to find a fast flattening new tyre with a brand new 3 inch screw in it. Simple puncture repair, but a pain.
    Good news was off out on the A41 towards Tern Hill, had a car tailgating me just before Hinstock, perhaps trying to work out what it was (debadged). Dual carriageway there up a steep hill, so he tried his luck - bad idea hehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

Not as much as last week with the Trax weekend but finally got to fit my oil catch tank, pipes supplied were rubbish so got some from Halfords. asked in their about a trade card and although had the required airside pass an an engineer they want more proof so go to go back with a CAA licence, more trouble than its worth, just shows you meet the rules and they raise the bar higher, cannot be bothered with them will use my local motor factors prices are as keen in there and he always throws some discount my way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SRI With a few added extras

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 120

Year : 06

Took the missus out for a spin, a two hour drive down into mid Wales to see some friends, grab a coffee, nice drive back, steak and chips at a local hostelry, nutons settled in and am I happy I got them, cracking performance tyres for budget money, ftw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Sri V6 CDTi

Trim : SRi

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTi Z30DT

Year : 2005

Mileage : 121000

Was out on a drive today when on the way home we came up what's called the Glenshane Pass in N.I which is a 5-600ft climb with an overtaking lane when a Lexus was sitting tight behind me ready to pass but couldn't. My car is also debaged and he didn't realise he was up against a V6 Diesel, it sure put a smile on my face knowing his 25K+ Lexus was put to shame by a 4K Vectra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information