Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Default 10 years on and are things any better since 9/11

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are? Near on 3000 people died 67 of them from the UK and "our fight on terrorism" has lost endless more. Bin Laden and Saddam gone so we should all be safer now?

Also what were you doing this day ten years ago? I was surfing in Croyde Bay got out, got changed, went to the local market and saw a group of sellers huddled round a TV who told us what happened. We went back to caravan and watched the story unfold.

Be a very hard day for a lot of people today.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

10 years ago I got out of bed at approx. 1pm extremely hungover,

made a cup of tea,

sat on the sofa and flicked the box on.............

...............I was no longer hung over thats for sure!

Sick terrorists! They don't do war, just cold blooded MURDER!

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

I was at school lol when a got home mam dad told me whaT happend couldn't belive it when saw it on the news

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Finished an early shift at work, me and the missus got home about 13.30 and turned on the telly. Had no idea what was going on just saw pictures of a large building with smoke bellowing out. Watched the rest unfold.

To be honest at the time if anyone had asked me what the twin towers were i wouldn't have been able to tell you, unfortunately due to this everyone knows what they were.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

Trim : VX Line Red

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2011

Was sat at work, when one of the guy's wifes called to say that a plane had crashed into the Twin Towers. We were glued to the news for the rest of the day.

Sat last night and watched an amazing documentary about it, but it was filmed at the actual time. There were a couple of guys supposed to be filming a sort of "life at the fire station" type of documentary, and they got to film the events unfolding on that day. Footage inside the foyers of the towers etc, truly compelling, yet disturbing to watch. Was horrendous when they explained that every time you were hearing a loud "BANG" on the film, it was actually a body landing outside.

As one of them said at the time, "How bad must it be up there if jumping is the better option?"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : sri 150

Engine : 1.9 cdti

Year : 2007

i am one who thinks it was not terrorism why did the building come straight down one building that was not even hit came straight down,the so called plane that went into the pentagon went into the strongest part of the building and the hole was to small for a plane to have hit it ,why if bid lardan was killed did we not see any pictures and he was buried at sea to many unanswered questions for me i am afraid but that is only my own opinion

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by cossiejay View Post
    i am one who thinks it was not terrorism why did the building come straight down one building that was not even hit came straight down,the so called plane that went into the pentagon went into the strongest part of the building and the hole was to small for a plane to have hit it ,why if bid lardan was killed did we not see any pictures and he was buried at sea to many unanswered questions for me i am afraid but that is only my own opinion
    I agree there are a lot of unanswered questions but I'm guessing a plane taking out a building would make it collapse. The pressure that would be applied to the structual beams from an impact would buckle as it fatigue fractures.

As for Bin Laden is he really dead? Again I'm guessing if he wasn't he would be shouting pretty loud declaring he wasn't?

I had a picture in my lounge of the twin towers, had it years ago and my little un asked me years ago "are they the twin towers" which I said yes. He then said where are the planes? He had only ever seen pictures of the towers with the planes hitting them. He was only about 4 at the time and thats all he will ever remember of the towers.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was 180 miles north of New York in Massachusetts. I had been down to NYC a couple of days earlier to drop of some friends who were spending a couple of days in NYC before flying home to Scotland. I remember stopping by the highway on the way down so my friends could take photos on the NYC skyline. Obviously no idea it would soon change drastically. My friends visited the WTC the day before and were actually in the air on the way home and didn't find out about it until they landed.

Me, I was sitting on a summer camp. It was just after 8am, I turned on my laptop and got an e-mail from a friend I used to work with at BT in Glasgow saying she'd heard about a plane hitting the WTC. I turned on the TV and watched the rest of it live on TV. My boss at the time, was down in NYC to see the Yanks vs the Red Sox the night before. He was on the way to the subway to come home when the plan hit the tower behind him. He turned to see flames and debris falling. I spent much of the day trying to reach his cell phone to find out if he was ok or not but lines were jammed. Also spoke to his wife several times. Found out eventually that thankfully he was ok.

Thankfully I didn't lose anyone I knew in it but one of my good friends lost a friend she went to school with.

I recon from where I was located in MA, the plane from Boston possibly passed overhead without me realising.

spoons

I was sat outside a coffee shop in Brighton when the waitress came out and told everyone a plane had hit the World Trade Centre in New York.

Went home and watched the second plane hit LIVE on TV. Then watch the towers collapse LIVE on TV.

Couldnt beleave my eyes and felt sick for those people, it was horror on an epic scale

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cossiejay View Post
    good to see another person who just doesnt beleive everything that is on the news

final point how come most of 'seal team 6' 'died' in yet another mysterious helicopter crash after they spent 10 years 'looking' for him as they say he was responsabile..........................i would have started in the white house.......................would have saved a lot of this countrys & other countrys young men & womens' lives

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information