Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.0 Dti

Im having a look at an 04 plate vec C 2.0 Dti
    and was wondering what i should be looking out for , any info would be great guys
    thanx in advance
    steve

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Generally these are solid motors mate, Just check clutch and DMF and check for excessive smoke on start up and when driving, Leakoff pipes are a problem along with leaking injector seals but this is only a problem if cars been parked facing up a hill and car will be a pain to start.
    All so the fuel pump on these are weak and can lead to bad starting and non starting but these pumps have been known to out last the car lol

Then its just normal vectra stuff to check like rear arms,Drop links,Brake disks,Electrics all working,No EML ligh on or Airbag,Passenger footwell for water.

All so if you can i would check car starting from cold and make sure GP light comes on and then take it for a good run (Not just up the street and back, Make sure car gets upto temp) then if possible ask to leave car and come back an hour or so later to check starting from warm there's loads of threads including mine regarding warm starting this can be anything from leaky injectors,crank shaft sensor,GP relay,Battery,Starter motor lol

I suppose its like any car mate as long as its serviced and loved it should see you right
    Last edited by bigmac; 11th September 2011 at 12:29.

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers for that, the mileage is 115k but looks very clean exceptbit of laquer peel on front bumper , rest of car is pretty much mint, The last C i had was the Gsi and i know this is gonna be no where near what that was but i do like the C
    its only the Ls (Low Spec) version but looks not bad tbh
    its in like moonland grey of the vec B

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My old vectra was at 175k lol and it was an LS check my garage 115k is high mileage and don't expect it to be fast because it isn't But at that mileage you shouldnt really be expecting a new car so there will be items that have maybe seen there best days and i would set some money back to replace items like springs and exhaust.

What service history has it got ? do you know when last service was and when clutch & DMF was changed ?
    These are timing chain driven so listen for any rattles too

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

il find all that stuff out when i see it, as far as im aware there are no running issues ,no eml or warning lights lit n the only reason he selling is cos he wants something a bit quicker he said lol
    so im not expecting an F1 car lol
    are the chains on the Dtis the same as on the 2.2 petrol and suffer from failures like they did on the vec B 2.2 petrol engines ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I haven't heard of any failures on Dti engines just check that there's no rattles on startup and afaik the chain should last the life of the engine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I haven't heard of any failures on Dti engines just check that there's no rattles on startup and afaik the chain should last the life of the engine
    oh thats good then cos the petrol chain driven used to fail for fun ,
    guy i knows failed at 22k on his vec b , he wasnt happy cos he bought it with just under 20k on it

Thread Information