User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Broken Wing Mirror

  1. #1
    Regular Member leeroyjenkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wakefield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Broken Wing Mirror

    Since getting my Signum the 1 thing that really needed looking at was why the wing mirror would only move up and down so yesterday I took the glass out to have a look. Unfortunately it would seem that when the previous owner had had the wing mirror clipped it broke the plastic gear (I say gear its straight and flat but with teeth) that is attached to the mirror mount and left/right mirror.

    My question is can I just get a second hand mirror and cannibalise it for the motors or is it a new mirror?

    Oh yeah is there any difference between the pre and post face lift door mirrors?

    Ta

  2. #2
    Ex Vec-C Admin Deztroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WGAF#5
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    yep you should be able to cannibalise one but its pretty quick to swp one out ... and to answer your other question pre and post facelift mirrors are identical

    0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

  3. #3
    Regular Member leeroyjenkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wakefield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    yep you should be able to cannibalise one but its pretty quick to swp one out ... and to answer your other question pre and post facelift mirrors are identical
    Cheers that helps me loads I've been offered an mirror from an 04 plate Vectra C it works but that casing is knacked so cannibalising it was really the only option but for £15 I can't really grumble. Then I might be able to adjust my mirror without opening the window.... Thought I'd got away from doing that when i got rid of my last beetle

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Wing mirrors?

    Mine are on the doors

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stratford upon avon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c

    Trim : ls

    Engine : 1800 non vvt

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 136000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leeroyjenkins View Post
    Since getting my Signum the 1 thing that really needed looking at was why the wing mirror would only move up and down so yesterday I took the glass out to have a look. Unfortunately it would seem that when the previous owner had had the wing mirror clipped it broke the plastic gear (I say gear its straight and flat but with teeth) that is attached to the mirror mount and left/right mirror.

    My question is can I just get a second hand mirror and cannibalise it for the motors or is it a new mirror?

    Oh yeah is there any difference between the pre and post face lift door mirrors?

    Ta

    is it the left or right glass you need?

  6. #6
    Regular Member JohnSH8892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cambridge
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    On Sunday I bought a second hand one, took mine off, changed the covers over and put the new on on. Much easier than doing all that and removing two motors and stuff.

  7. #7
    Regular Member leeroyjenkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wakefield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectra ste View Post
    is it the left or right glass you need?
    Its the right mirror. I have the glass (if i don't break it while taking it off )

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSH8892 View Post
    On Sunday I bought a second hand one, took mine off, changed the covers over and put the new on on. Much easier than doing all that and removing two motors and stuff.
    I'll have a proper look at the mirror when it arrives and see if I can just change over the parts of the case that are cracked for bits off my current one

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wing Mirror
    By m19cpb in forum Insignia car chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th November 2010, 18:11
  2. wing mirror
    By churchill254 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th January 2010, 12:59
  3. Wing Mirror
    By edrevell in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th October 2008, 13:56
  4. wing mirror
    By garyb in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21st April 2008, 13:45
  5. Wing mirror
    By blom157 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th January 2008, 17:32

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •