User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just wondering has anyone seen or felt....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just wondering has anyone seen or felt....

just wondering if you have either seen or felt something out of the ordinary the reason im asking is just im keen to know other peoples thoughts ect ect as most ov you know i lost my Dad last month and to say the least its been a really tough time for us all but since hes been gone little things have been happening here and there it could be me but i just dnt know something happend tonight just before i was going to work i got upset thinking of my dad been thinking ov him all day and when i got into the car one ov his fav songs where on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv3mO...9E75797620DF4F

and i just smiled and said hello dad lol

i know some of you might think ahh what a load but i dunno what do you think

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I belive all you are saying. I have heard of many simalar stories from friends over the years. It is sort of the person who has died "letting you know they are ok now", and not to worry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ed taylor View Post
    I belive all you are saying. I have heard of many simalar stories from friends over the years. It is sort of the person who has died "letting you know they are ok now", and not to worry.

i would like to think so i gives you a sense of as ( everything will be ok for a second or two)

the other thing that took me was on the day of my dads funeral we wanted the coffin to leave the house where my dad lived for 22 years and to drive slowly down the street the street he walked down so many many times anyway on the day we where all there at the house ( the house was packed up as when my dad was alive my mam and dad where going to move sadly my dad died.... in the yard underneath the window where my dad allways used to sit in his chair there was a a single red popy which ment alot to me as my dad got laid to rest in his fav red shirt we all wore red ties and seing this single red popy where my dad sat ment so much to me

these 3 songs mean so much to me every time i hear them i will allways think to my self... these are the order they where in at my dads funeral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1KtScrqtbc so so hard as i carried him when this was on... my dad picked this song for there late son and sadly for his funeral too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBt8R...eature=related words are true he never complained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj53i...eature=related really hard to listen to as this was on when we carried him out to be laid to rest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really sorry to hear about your loss!

You are lucky, my dad was crap when I was growing up, I don't have a single memory about "Me and my dad", he was just an evil cnut who shouted all the time.

2 and a half years after moving out and I haven't seen or spoke to him as he isn't interested, waste of oxygen, wouldn't p*ss on him if he was on fire!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ dannyjpuk

Sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Things will get easier with time.

I'm glad you had a good send off for him with positive good solid memories for you, not everyone has that opportunity sometimes.

@ john506

Was that really necessary considering the sensitivity of the thread ?

My dad was crap ............

But I have forgiven him.
    He was only 20 years old my Mum 18 back in the early 60's when I took my first breath.

They were just kids really.

They are still together after all those years, and although we don't have a perfect "Son/Father" relationship, we talk and are civil to each other and I have shared my family with them with explicit trust over the years.

For both of you John and Danny .......... time is a healer.
    Last edited by C-Owner; 4th September 2011 at 21:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danny, It does make you wonder. When my dad died mum said afterwards she would see a white feather floating about quite often and that would be a sign dad was watching over us. Whether or not my parents discussed this before he died I can't remember now.

The odd thing is I do see a white feather from time to time, just gently falling straight down from the sky. But it will sometimes be in the most unlikely place or time (eg it'll be very wet or windy, or when no birds are about), or I'll idly look up or out the window just in time to see one one will falling my me, its a bit spooky sometimes. In fact I feel rough just typing this. It does give me comfort, in an unusual way. I totally know what you mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a doubter, but since we've been here (previous tenant, an old lady, died in the property) I've often smelt ciggarette smoke. Neither of us smoke, and we sugar soaped it all down to get rid of all the nicotine stains before we redecorated.
    What really freaked me out, one night I got up to go to the loo, passed the open lounge door, glanced sideways - and saw my mother, dead for decades, standing in the middle of the room. It was ummistakably her. Locked myself in the loo, couldn't come out for several minutes, then put all the lights on, Wendy thought I'd gone crazy.
    Never seen her since, though Wendy says she can sometimes see her dad and my mum "watching over us". She reckoned my mum just wanted me to know she was still there. Maybe your dad's doing the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy1954 View Post
    I'm a doubter, but since we've been here (previous tenant, an old lady, died in the property) I've often smelt ciggarette smoke. Neither of us smoke, and we sugar soaped it all down to get rid of all the nicotine stains before we redecorated.
    What really freaked me out, one night I got up to go to the loo, passed the open lounge door, glanced sideways - and saw my mother, dead for decades, standing in the middle of the room. It was ummistakably her. Locked myself in the loo, couldn't come out for several minutes, then put all the lights on, Wendy thought I'd gone crazy.
    Never seen her since, though Wendy says she can sometimes see her dad and my mum "watching over us". She reckoned my mum just wanted me to know she was still there. Maybe your dad's doing the same.

wow i would too be scared lol it does make you think mind yes i have heard that to (the smoke) smell or perfume

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel a lot of this sort of thing is simply people seeing things that aren't there, or coincidences that are just that - coincidence. Someone's favourite song playing on a stereo when you turn it on is just sheer chance - the same way that I might switch channel because I don't like a song, to find the other station is playing the same song at the same time. Do I take that to mean that someone out there doesn't like me? Nah - it's just chance.

Many things regarding 'spiritual' stuff and ghosts etc are all based on personal experience. I've never had one like that, so I can't say I believe they're real. There is no scientific explanation for it, so it doesn't effect me in any way.

Just my opinion, obviously, and I hope things get better for you mate - sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know what your talking about, I lost my father 7 years ago when i was 15 and was coping well as iwas trying to be strong for my mother didnt really help that I lost my nan 3 weeks later.

I woke up one nihgt crying my eyes out about 3am and went ito the bathroom and I was talking to him saying that I miss him and in the bathroom we had a shower where we had to pull a wire to put it on and it would light up with a red switch to let us know that it was on, when i was in there the switch was off and i remember saying word for word " If your there Dad please just lett me know" 10 seconds later the switch was on.

Loosing a father at any age is difficult especially when your so close to them. I do feel for you.

Listening to your fathers best song is allways a good way to put a smile on your face.

Mine and my dad's favourite song.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1c...w-places_music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information