User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Does the colour difference affect you?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - and I have a light coloured car

129 43.43%
  • Yes - and I have a dark coloured car

39 13.13%
  • No - and I have a light coloured car

48 16.16%
  • No - and I have a dark coloured car

81 27.27%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Facelift bumpers colour difference - does it affect you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the bumpers should come with a plastic primer finish, to enable the paint to properly key to the plastic moulding.. i know for a fact that the primers are different.. the cars go through 'body-in-white' to the anti corrosion dips, to the dipped primer's.. before the body colour..

the bumpers just have a deep clean to remove any traces of moulding release agents before getting coated in airdry plastic primer.. they are then painted with the body colour..

without the same 'opaque-nese' of the prep that the body goes through, you cannot hope to replicate the finished tint.. but in this day and age you'd think they'd alter the tint of the bumpers to match the body colour..

the paint suppliers just supply a volume batch of base coat avaliable to the bumper manufacturer ( they are not made or painted by VX) as they do to VX for the cars painting.. however it is usual practice for the paint supplier to take over the cars from VX at the entry to the paint shop and then to hand them back to VX as they leave, thus making the paint manufacturer liable for any paint issues during the cars production..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX-Line

Engine : BiTurbo

Year : 2014

Thanks for your opinions guys. I have also had some info that the facelift bumper don't get laquered, which could expain the dullness on the bumper. well i'm deffo raising a case with Vx on monday and i'll keep the forum up to speed with replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it may also be the case that while the body's get a 'clear over base' finish, the bumpers get a standard 2K finish.. different paint techniques also give a different finish..

it is poor that they still don't tint the paint to match thou..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by leeds vectra
    All,

I'm going to raise this issue with Vauxhall on Monday. I may need some back up from the facelift owners on the site depending on their reply. I'll keep you all posted and see how we go.

Paul.
    You have my full support ! I have the same issue with my brand new factory orderd car ! I had a meeting on Friday 10th regarding the matter of colour matched bumpers (And other issues)...I found out some very interesting facts !!!! I presented my case using 2 months of photgraphic research ......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My colour match is spot on ..... did have to go in a field to get it done ....

But saying that it was fine beforehand as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Very nice ! The main bone of contention regarding colour matched paint is the variation that can be seen on the majority of Facelift models....You can look at two indentical models (type and yr) and one will match but the other looks awfull...+ some of the bumpers fit fine......others have gaps upto 10mm between the bumper and headlight unit.on both near and offsides...The production & assembly quality control seems to have taken a downhill slide for some reason in both accumulative geometric assembly error and paintwork matching??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX-Line

Engine : BiTurbo

Year : 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty621
    Very nice ! The main bone of contention regarding colour matched paint is the variation that can be seen on the majority of Facelift models....You can look at two indentical models (type and yr) and one will match but the other looks awfull...+ some of the bumpers fit fine......others have gaps upto 10mm between the bumper and headlight unit.on both near and offsides...The production & assembly quality control seems to have taken a downhill slide for some reason in both accumulative geometric assembly error and paintwork matching??
    Apart from the paint issues mine is exactly the same near the headlight on both sides. A decent size gap. What response from Vx have you had if any???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The vectra hire tool i had , the bumper did stick out from the light/wing as if it had been hit , plus i thought my bonnet was sitting low to the drivers side headlight as you could feel a ridge between the 2 , went to the dealer and compared it with a showroom fresh car , and mine is better put together even after the "off" the current cars seem to be thrown together

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by leeds vectra
    Apart from the paint issues mine is exactly the same near the headlight on both sides. A decent size gap. What response from Vx have you had if any???

From the dealership the response was " Well there all the same" and then I was accused of making them see shadows They also then virtualy told me "Well you should not have purchased the car then sir !!" The workshop manager could see the faults ! But would not put it in writing !! Maybe for fear of his job etc ? I then asked for an inspection by Vauxhall engineer and after six weeks of badgering the dealer I was finaly issued a case ref number. Three weeks later I had an appointment time given to me to meet the Area Engineer/troubleshooter....appointment was 09:30, I had a 2 Hr wait beyond appointment time
    I have to say the Engineer was a nice guy doing his job ! However I still now have to wait for his report and recomendations. He was very non comital as you would expect I suppose. But he did accept my own 15page report which pointed out for as many cars he/they could show me that where " all the same" I could point out vectra's/astra/twintops/signums that had NOT got the problem at all !!
    The conversation I had with the engineer was of great interest, I personaly gained allot of information for my own private defence .

But basicaly it boils down to the fact that your contract is with the Dealer!! The dealer isn't going to spend money on your car unless they have some way of claiming that money back, or its within there profit margins on your car !! I can't really comment on anymore than that until I have my own copy of the report to reflect and quote on...So depends on your dealer really ! Some of them care about the customers, some dont ?...Also I suspect if you end up with a battle the final outcome will depend on how you purchased the car? Off a forecourt i.e You viewed the vehicle prior to purchase, or factory order from new....There are also time limitations set out by the DTI http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact...page24700.html There are several debateable points regarding this colour matched paint issue, you will hear and read them all once you start delving, from several sides (customer/Vauxhall/peoples personal opinions etc) BUT !! If they can get it perfect on one car using the same construction materials and technique's (allowing for production tolerance), why not the others ??
    If you have the time and want to be botherd, take alook around other dealers, not just Vauxhall...Find mass produced cars of a similar status,colour and cost to your own, look at the paint match and quality of assembly etc etc....you will be amazed
    Dont get me wrong ! I love my car....The family have five vauxhalls (New Astra/Tigra/Corsa/VXR) from the same dealership..... I just had my first ever brand new after 29yrs of driving bangers and motorcycles...And I certainly didn't place an order for a "Two tone" paint scheme
    Anyone remember "Mr Angry" on the Steve Wright radio 1 show years ago?

WELL MEET HIS SON !!!!! lol

Whatever happens I wish you the VERY BEST of luck ! Keep in touch..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Seeing shadows my ****

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information