Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTI 2004

i have just ordered this car and am wondering what the max BHP i will be able to get out of it without effecting the fuel compsumtion. The car is the 150 BHP version. I am thinking of getting the similiar backbox on the opposite side and maybe super chipping it.
    Does anybody know the best place to get this done and what my BHP will be touching? thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You really need to have a good read through here:
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92
    There are many options, tuning box/remaps etc.....should get you up to around 200bhp from what I've read....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi

Trim : A5

Engine : 2.0 turbo petrol

Year : 2009

Quote Originally Posted by tonyx420
    i have just ordered this car and am wondering what the max BHP i will be able to get out of it without effecting the fuel compsumtion. The car is the 150 BHP version. I am thinking of getting the similiar backbox on the opposite side and maybe super chipping it.
    Does anybody know the best place to get this done and what my BHP will be touching? thanks
    buy a tuning box mate which hopefully puts the power up to 195 screaming horses, first off derestrict the airbox and fit k@n filter in there this is a cheap mod but IMO well worth it for £45 delivered, im just about to buy a box for my car and ive driven"chipped " 150s andv they have more power than you couyld probably realistically need

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectrapogo
    buy a tuning box mate which hopefully puts the power up to 195 screaming horses, first off derestrict the airbox and fit k@n filter in there this is a cheap mod but IMO well worth it for £45 delivered, im just about to buy a box for my car and ive driven"chipped " 150s andv they have more power than you couyld probably realistically need
    i dnt really know much about chipping cars and tunning them as ive never done this before.
    Im interested in the tuning box option to get it to 190. whats the prices on one of these and where can i buy them, also what does it do to the mpg?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have a 1.9 CDTi 150 with the VXR Performance Centre Re-map, in my opinion, it is far better than any tuning box. The actual facts prove that a re-map is better for many reasons, but I don't want to start a debate on which is better.

But the re-maps change, turbo boost, fule pressure, injector timing and all stay within the safety functions of the engine management.

Tuning box's purely increase fuel pressure and over ride many of the engine safety functions. But the box's without a doubt are cheaper.

My previous 1.9 CDTi 150 (04 reg) had a tuning box, and to be fair it ran fine, but I would always go down the mapping route now.

Regarding MPG, it is a bit of a myth that re-mapping and tuning box's make big differences to mpg (For the beter), my experience is that they don't make the car use any more fuel, just does not use any less. Unless your driving hard then of course you should expect a drop in mpg.

My recomendations are to use either Courtenay or the VXR Performance Centre for a re-map.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi

Trim : A5

Engine : 2.0 turbo petrol

Year : 2009

would agree with most of matts comments mate but IMO dont touch courtenays, theyb may be knowledgable about vauxhalls but they are very dear and i think that £500 is an absolute rip off for a remap cosidering some guy plugs a computer into the car and adjusts all the settings to acheive the remap,takes about an hour so £500 per hour pure profit,please excuse my cynical nature hee hee

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectrapogo
    would agree with most of matts comments mate but IMO dont touch courtenays, theyb may be knowledgable about vauxhalls but they are very dear and i think that £500 is an absolute rip off for a remap cosidering some guy plugs a computer into the car and adjusts all the settings to acheive the remap,takes about an hour so £500 per hour pure profit,please excuse my cynical nature hee hee
    i would have to agree, i paid £378 all in for my tuning box, fitting and a dyno test, is very quick on the 2.2 dti, 125 bhp upto 157 bjp and 320 ft/lb of tourque. im impressed anyway. not matter what option you go for you will be happy.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got a 1.9 last Tuesday a got a tuning box from DTUK in Stanley (picked it up this morning), So it'll be handy for you to go and pick it up yourself.

I put it on this morning and i'm still smilling now.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stevie b
    I got a 1.9 last Tuesday a got a tuning box from DTUK in Stanley (picked it up this morning), So it'll be handy for you to go and pick it up yourself.

I put it on this morning and i'm still smilling now.
    i can vouch for this
    on a 100 yard blast my stomach felt like chucking back all the alcohol i had last night
    and i can vouch that my 2.5 gsi would not come close so anyone who dogs diesels think again
    i will be investing in one of these very soon
    ps nice to meet you m8

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Guys, £500 for the Courtenay re-map is not expensive, the VXR Performance centre re-map is £550.

Yes the operation is a pretty straight forward operation,but unfortunatly the high cost is down to software licensing. I know for a fact that the likes of Courtenay, Regal and the VXR Performance centre make less than 25% profit.

Yes you are right that it is expensive considering what the tuners do but it is the original software manufacturers that are ripping us all off. They have everyone by the balls and command a high charge for the licensing, unfortunatly it is the tuners who get the stick for an hours work and charging circa £500 when it is not their fault.

Each tuner has to pay huge licensing costs to obtain access to the software programmes from the manufacturers and there software suppliers.

These re-map costs will eventually come down, this is why you can buy a stage 2 chip for the Cavalier/Calibra Turbo for £150.00 when back in 1994 it was about £400-£500.

One of the reasons the 2.0T Z20NET Vectra engine has only a few suppliers of re-maps is because the management is a Saab system and they re not letting many companies have access to the programming.

But Courtenays are no more expensive than any other tuner, but DO have the most experience in Vauxhall tuning, I have used them for years with great service.
    Last edited by Maverick; 28th October 2006 at 18:57.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information