this is my first post on here, thought i would share my experience with my wipers parking mid-way through the screen with everyone.
Problem with my wipers was that after finishing wiping the screen the wipers would park themselves halfway in the middle of the windscreen, after doing alot of research mainly through this website and a couple of garages it seemed to me as it was definitely the wiper motor that had gone (parking switch inside the motor) after replacing the motor and the mechanism at the cost of £186 the fault was still there ...
After thinking about this long and hard over night i went back to it in the morning and what i did to eventually fix the problem was...
1. Turn the ignition on and pull the windscreen wiper stalk down to let it do one full turn and let the wipers park themselves were they think the parking position is.
2. Take a picture of where they have parked themselves.
3. Remove Wiper Arms
4. Remove Scuttle Panel (i think this is what its called it's that long black/grey panel that goes all the way along the bottom of the windscreen)
5. Remove bolt that hold's the mechanism to the wiper motor and lift the linkage of the motor so that if the motor was to turn the mechanism would not turn.
6. Turn ignition back on and again pull windscreen wiper stalk down to allow the motor to do one full turn (without moving the mechanism.
7. Put one of the windscreen wiper arms back on in the exactly same position it had parked itself before using the picture that you had taken previously as a guide). This will in effect move the mechanism to the parking position without moving the motor which is already in its parking position.
8. Tighten mechanism linkage back onto motor without moving either mechanism or motor...
9. This should fix you problem and everything should be back to normal.
I'm not sure if this has been posted before or not but i hope this helps someone
Oh and this website is greatttt!! keep up the good work guys