Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Chasing your tail!

I started washing my car at 4:30 and have just finished now! I started by washing the wheels followed by the car in really fine detail to make sure no nook or cranny went unwashed. Next I shammy dried the car and then did the same to the wheels.

Once it was all clean and dry I decided to crack open my AutoGlym Super Resin polish and set to polishing every panel. Once every panel was done (bonnet twice!) I decided to do the outsides of all the windows using Autoglym car glass polish. By the time I had finished the windows it was starting to get quite dark! Anyway I started to bufff the polish off the paintwork starting in the same order I polished the panels, quite happily making sure I didn't miss any bits as I went along. So I got to the end of buffing the bodywork and by this time the only light I had was that of the street light outside my house (which could do with a couple of Bluevisions ) and Ailsa started to tell me about bits I missed ... so I duely re-buffed those and yet more started to appear ... took me a short while until I realised it wasn't polish but in fact dew forming on the panels arghh ... could have been chasing my tail all night re-buffing panels again and again

So at that I decided to call it a night and do the inside of the car tomorrow and if it stays dry I might even treat my bonnet with the Autoglym high gloss stuff

And if my car looks filthy again after driving to Wales tomorrow I think I'll cry!!!!!

Dave

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't worry Dave, my car has 2000 miles worth of road grime on it, and I wont have time to clean it before leaving for Wales in the morning, so you can park next to mine just to make yours look even better!!!!!

spoons

I'm washing mine first thing tomorrow before we leave, so I'm just hoping that it doesnt rain and the roads stay dry !!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie1979
    Don't worry Dave, my car has 2000 miles worth of road grime on it, and I wont have time to clean it before leaving for Wales in the morning, so you can park next to mine just to make yours look even better!!!!!
    That's a very kind offer Jamie ... just everyone else take I have first dibs on this parking space tomorrow

spoons

It'll be nice to meet you tomorrow Dave... not very often I see another facelift in the line-up !!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons
    It'll be nice to meet you tomorrow Dave... not very often I see another facelift in the line-up !!
    Yeah likewise spoons, I'm looking forward to meeting up with a few new faces tommorrow as well as people we have met before I fear my facelift isn't quite in the same league as yours though ... yours is that extra bit (lot!) special with all you have done to it ... will be good to see it in the flesh though and I'll try not to drool on your paintwork!

Dave

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

make sure u wash it agan the next day mate otherwise if you start polishing the bodywork u could be rubbing it contaminates which will result in scratches/swirls

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chris_20
    make sure u wash it agan the next day mate otherwise if you start polishing the bodywork u could be rubbing it contaminates which will result in scratches/swirls
    Thanks Chris, as it happens the weather didn't allow for me to polish it again this morning but I was very pleased as it managed to stay quite clean after driving (quite slowly) to Wales I'll get some pics posted later. If I get another nice weekend and some time I'll wash it and then just high gloss it methinks

Dave

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax Blue would work a treat on your car Dave or Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket if you fancied splashing out. Easy on and easy off, it'll keep your paint finish looking good for about 3-4 times longer than the Autoglym and as much as 6 months with the FMJ.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...41protect.html
    or
    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...73protect.html

I use the Super resin polish too but only to remove wax or sealant that is past its best, I find it to be too agressive to use all the time as you just end up removing the top layer of lacquer.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ross DTi 2.2
    Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax Blue would work a treat on your car Dave or Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket if you fancied splashing out. Easy on and easy off, it'll keep your paint finish looking good for about 3-4 times longer than the Autoglym and as much as 6 months with the FMJ.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...41protect.html
    or
    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...73protect.html

I use the Super resin polish too but only to remove wax or sealant that is past its best, I find it to be too agressive to use all the time as you just end up removing the top layer of lacquer.
    Thanks for the info and links Ross but I paid £200 for my car to be coated in an AutoGlym Life Shine Resin and got a load of AutoGlym stuff with it. As I have a strong suspicion the car hasn't actually been coated all I have to show for my money is the AutoGlym stuff so I will be using that up first before I buy anything else methinks!

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information