User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can paypal become any more of a waste of space on the internet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry Can paypal become any more of a waste of space on the internet?

Right, now I already avoid paypal like the plague due to its ridiculously greedy and extortionate fee's. Not to mention that they have recently taken this to another level by also adding fee's to ebay sales... meaning you make around 1% profits . Thats before the buyer denies recieving the item, even though their signature is on display on the tracking information and paypal decides they deserve the right to be reimbursed everything.

Tonight however I am at the end of my tether. All I want to do is sign up for full membership on this site... yes its not much to ask... a total of 15 of the Queens pounds across a simple transfer, it really should be an easy process.

Instead they put my account into limited mode and want me to change my password, bank card, bank details, sexual orientation and verify my address... although thats not possible as to do so would mean entering card details which you cannot do when your account has been limited...

So has paypal's excessive turnover melted their hard drives? Even Louise their virtual 'help agent' can not resolve myproblems. It seems she doesn't understand curse and swear words, or profanities against the company... This isn't 1921! I should be allowed to curse at a computer generated tart

Anyway I did what any good Vectra-c citizen would do and emailed them direct... and my account was restored. (Oh after 24 hours that is as no-body in 2011 using an instant messaging system could possibly reply within the hour...) With India being all those hours ahead of us, they have plenty of time to sort out a reply before I awake but that is not so...

On my second attempt all was going well... I logged in with my new super long 34 digit password, as to attempt to restore my profile I had to think of a new password that hadn't been used, had nothing to do with me, my friends, my neighbours or anything in the English language, and I attempted to make the payment again. And I was placed back into limited mode once more.

Another email, and 24 hours later I got a reply saying my account was restored... So just now I attemped to put through the payment for a 3rd time! It failed... perhaps £15 is too much for a simple payment system to cope with, so I tried the cheapy £10 option (many of you Yorkshire men would of chosen this option). Guess what peeps... I am in limit mode once more. A new 38 digit password must be thought up with 2 exclamation marks and a comma for good measure... my entire history of bank statements must be faxed though and I must also be castrated infront of my colleagues in order to verify that I am who I am and restore my account.

Admin, you have 24 hours to think up another payment option in which I could use before a lovely lady called Deidre from a hi-tech city on the Indian coast reassures me that my account will be up and running again... I just want to sell my old exhaust and renew my lovely vectra-c bottle opener keyring how hard does it have to be!?! lol...

Sorry if I offended anyone who for some deranged reason happens to love Paypal and support them in any arguments made against them... but we really need another option here. Paypal is an absolute disgrace

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Send me £50 cash and I'll forward the correct fee for full membership to Vectra-C.com from my functioning PayPal account for you.

I'm always willing to help a fellow member.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

They have a monopoly, which I thought was illegal in our fair land. You sell on fleabay, you pay a fee, you get the money for said article, you pay a fee, you try to move said money to your bank account, you pay a fee. 3 fee's for 1 item, its a joke, they are worse than the mafia!!!!
    Tam80 recently had his account moved to limited, due to buyers complaining about his postal charges even though he gives free postage on all his items and sellers cant post feedback based on free postage. Work that one out if you can. The whole giving money back to buyers even though you can prove they received the goods is a complete farce, it must be illegal too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats a great story and for me theirs no one offended here but your 100% right about the name deidre they all have very english names but just about speak the queens english virgin media is the same ive had my paypal account for around 5 years now in fact have 2 but i must be a lucky one who has never had a problem i even have the paypal pre paid card which means i can spend money as it gets put in to my account with out waiting it to be transfered
    for the past year ive not even had a bank account listed with paypal and its still the same all i have is my credit card listed with them
    over the years have been ripped off by buyers but at the end of the day i havent found a better payment method that everyone else seems to use
    but thats me had loads of buyers not pay saying their having problems with ebay i must be one of the lucky ones i think

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Paypal sux

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post up your bank account number, sort code and full name, address and DOB and I will see you right.

Paypal is a joke. I have removed my cards and accounts from it and am only ever going to buy on ebay if I can post a cheque! They are a 'bank'? yet to access your accounts and money they have as little security as my emails, king.com account, or even my Vectra-c account (not a dig, keep reading!)

I have online accounts with Santander, to access their site I need my 9 digit customer ID, 5 digit PIN and they verify with some fancy flash player and memorable phrase to go with it and do not like it if I try to log in from another IP address! RBS have a 10 digit customer ID, the have to enter certain digits from my 6 digit PIN then certain characters from my 8 character password. bank of Scotland is username, then password then certain characters from my memorable info but in a drop down box style menu! All nice and secure, not easy to hack.

So, username and password for paypal? Hmmm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its a shame the club can't cope with one off payments from your account to theirs. It would be a nightmare to manage and check all the time but it would remove paypal altogether.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    They have a monopoly, which I thought was illegal in our fair land. You sell on fleabay, you pay a fee, you get the money for said article, you pay a fee, you try to move said money to your bank account, you pay a fee. 3 fee's for 1 item, its a joke, they are worse than the mafia!!!!
    Tam80 recently had his account moved to limited, due to buyers complaining about his postal charges even though he gives free postage on all his items and sellers cant post feedback based on free postage. Work that one out if you can. The whole giving money back to buyers even though you can prove they received the goods is a complete farce, it must be illegal too.

Lmao at the OP, quite understand the frustrations, and agree with the above. I try to avoid paypal where possible, especially if item fee includes P&P. If you're on a limited income, you pay P&P from your own money, when half the time the seller will say "not received" while paying multiple fees and around 3 weeks for paypal to tranfer the payment to a bank account.
    Also the reason I want other payment methods for my wheels, despite a couple of members thinking "no paypal" means "paypal accepted"
    Ebay and Paypal, actually the same organisation, are greedy, robbing swines, with no interest in being fair, they just want to rip customers off for as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Would be an idea for Admin to look into google checkout. I've used it a few times with no problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy1954 View Post
    Lmao at the OP, quite understand the frustrations, and agree with the above. I try to avoid paypal where possible, especially if item fee includes P&P. If you're on a limited income, you pay P&P from your own money, when half the time the seller will say "not received" while paying multiple fees and around 3 weeks for paypal to tranfer the payment to a bank account.
    Also the reason I want other payment methods for my wheels, despite a couple of members thinking "no paypal" means "paypal accepted"
    Ebay and Paypal, actually the same organisation, are greedy, robbing swines, with no interest in being fair, they just want to rip customers off for as much as possible.

i agree paypal and ebay are ripping everyone off with their fees they have seemed to gone up even more these last few mth my ebay fees this mth is over £160 i dont agree with these charges they been charging me to list then charge me 10% of the final value fee then paypal takes money once paid
    but untill someone comes up with a better site for selling ebay is the only option, ive tried other sites but carnt sell as quick ebay and paypal know they have the market so they just keep taking the pi*s
    and then you have the buyers who seem to be taking advantage over the silly rules of ebay and paypal ive had more cases this year than i have had for the last 5 years of beeing a seller what i have to do know is limit buyers i have put all the blocks possable on my listings just to stop dishonest buyers
    anyone selling and that use paypal i would highly recomend them to get the prepaid topup card from paypal they also take £2 off you on every with draw but it means you get your money instantly once its paid in to paypal

Thread Information