User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meguairs Microfibre Correction kit 1st trial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meguairs Microfibre Correction kit 1st trial.

My D300 correction compound and two 6" cutting pads arrived yesterday and I had been dying to try them out to see if they were as good as people were saying. Not having time yesterday or during the day today due to Grand Prix and rain I thought what else is there to do at 6pm on a Sunday evening.

I decided that Jo's black Vectra bonnet would be ideal to give this kit it's first run out, there are some swirls on there, nothing to serious but still there none the less. Also notice the poor clarity of the swirl torch in the images.

I primed the pad with some of the D300 and covered it right up to the edges of the pad. I had been doing some reading on other forum's before trying this product and it was quite clear that using less product worked better due to the clogging of product on the pad. So just 4 pea sized drops were applied.

I then quickly worked the product over a 2' x 2' square on the bonnet at speed 1 to spread the product around. Once the area was covered I turned the DA up to speed 4 and applied pressure to the machine and worked it slowly over the bonnet, moving at around 1" per sec and made 2 passes over the area. Then I left the DA on speed 4 but removed all pressure from the machine and moved the DA at the same speed across the bonnet for another 2 passes then turned it off. I wiped the excess off with a plush Microfibre and was really impressed with the result.

Notice the clarity of the torch compared to the previous photos.

Now a bit of a downfall to this product is how clogged up the pad becomes after just one hit with this stuff. Meguiars advice using compressed air or one of their brushes, However I found using a nail brush to brush the fibre's after every hit worked well. This is the clogging

As the title state's this is just the first trial with it, I would like to see how good it is on hard German paint that has some real paint defects.

For the first go with it I am quite impressed with the way the system works, it feels comfortable and easy to use and I am looking forward to testing it out some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like something to put on my wish list

Great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like the in stuff there Ginge , not had time to pop over to see Alex at elite about getting this . but looks like i maybe have to get one . khalid

. irmy door pins, pedals,chrome /elec folding mirrors covers.parking sensors/ window tints all round.blue led dash conversion.debaged /k+n filter twin mij cat back exhaust . xp front spoiler and irmy boot spoiler .b8,s and H+ R springs. afl, headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doing mine this week with da and ultimate compound, hope to get the same results for mine, good job there too Ginge...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry just another product doing the same as many other products, and less efficiently, due to the pad clogging up after only 1 pass. Ill stick to Mirror glaze and a foam pad. I find I can do 3 or 4 panels without requiring to clean a foam pad, with the same outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Sorry just another product doing the same as many other products, and less efficiently, due to the pad clogging up after only 1 pass. Ill stick to Mirror glaze and a foam pad. I find I can do 3 or 4 panels without requiring to clean a foam pad, with the same outcome.
    I agree with you mate that the pad clogging is a nightmare but it takes a few secs to brush the pad then carry on. The finish it leave's with the effort and time required is really something else, it also has potential to level orange peel as unlike foam, it does not mold itself around the paint. It is something I am going to try out some time this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is one off its benefits also they are designed for the da , and the write up,s about it are good ,now can i justify the cost after spending over 200 pounds on detailing stuff in the last 2 weeks . khalid

. irmy door pins, pedals,chrome /elec folding mirrors covers.parking sensors/ window tints all round.blue led dash conversion.debaged /k+n filter twin mij cat back exhaust . xp front spoiler and irmy boot spoiler .b8,s and H+ R springs. afl, headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happypostie View Post
    now can i justify the cost after spending over 200 pounds on detailing stuff in the last 2 weeks . khalid
    Lol, I found CG had another one of their sales on this weekend and after ruining a brand new 3" hex pads on a mate's headlight refurb on Friday I ended up ordering a new one and some other stuff too lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge7289 View Post
    I agree with you mate that the pad clogging is a nightmare but it takes a few secs to brush the pad then carry on. The finish it leave's with the effort and time required is really something else, it also has potential to level orange peel as unlike foam, it does not mold itself around the paint. It is something I am going to try out some time this week.

But so will a wool pad, and its less likely to clog up as quickly and in reality the only way to remove orange peel is by wet sanding anyway. I know what your saying, but a few seconds is more like 30 and if you have to clean a pad after every time doing say at least 8 passes/sections over a bonnet and roof its not long in turning in to a serious amount of added time, especially over an entire car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge7289 View Post
    Lol, I found CG had another one of their sales on this weekend and after ruining a brand new 3" hex pads on a mate's headlight refurb on Friday I ended up ordering a new one and some other stuff too lol.
    know the feeling ,as im decorating ,find it better at night , last night spent lots on dw as autobrite were having a few bargains . khalid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information