User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: signum 3.0v6 elite coolant problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused signum 3.0v6 elite coolant problem?

Well i got my car back yesterday after a new expansion tank and cap, i drove about 100 miles checking the coolant level everytime i stopped and started, everything seemed fine until this evening i went out, checked the coolant level before i left (it was cold on the coolmark of tank ) i did 20miles stopped for about 20mins checked it again before i drove off (everything fine ) then after 1 mile the coolant warning light came back on . i pulled up checked the level and it was 1 to 2 inches below the cool level mark . i waited for a mo not touching the cap just to see if the light would cancel its self, it did , but after 300 yards it came back on , ( i did this twice ) so i pulled up waited for the engine to cool for 15 mins , slowly started to unscrew the expansion tank cap, just enought to release a bit of pressure, in hope the level would rise slightly, (it did ) so i screwed the cap back on and set off again back home .
    I drove half a mile and the coolant warning light came back on, so i pulled up again to check the level but this time the tank was empty (arghhh)
    I unscrewed the cap straight away and it didnt have any pressure at all, it took just over two litres of water until it stopped drinking what i was putting in. So i set off for about 10 miles until i got home , everything was fine on the way back, the light stayed off , and the pink coolant mixed in with the water on the way back and to my supprise the coolant was still at the right level . Back to vauxhall in the morning for the thing, i dont know what other tests they can do to tell me what i already suspected (head gasket) ill just have to wait to see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145586
    merge required

Quote Originally Posted by carmadcarl View Post
    i dont know what other tests they can do to tell me what i already suspected (head gasket) ill just have to wait to see what they say
    I do agree the level shouldn't vary as much as you advise
    Equally, if that is an accurate measurement for the amount of water it has consumed, then your engine is now full of coolant
    Surely this has shown up on the oil dipstick by now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

Doesn't need to necessarily show in oil. Mine no 6 cylinder was full of coolant but oil was fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused

Equally, if that is an accurate measurement for the amount of water it has consumed, then your engine is now full of coolant

Its definatly not in the oil, theres no sign at all of it being in there, visual, feel, smell , no cream , the texture of the oil is good ,and ive had two tests by vauxhall and theyve come back blue. ive posted a new thred as im still learning how to use this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145586
    merge required

I do agree the level shouldn't vary as much as you advise
    Surely this has shown up on the oil dipstick by now?

Its definatly not in the oil, theres no sign at all of it being in there, visual, feel, smell , no cream , the texture of the oil is good ,and ive had two tests by vauxhall and theyve come back blue. ive posted a new thred as im still learning how to use this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused

Hi all ive posted a few threds recently about my coolant problems and im still scratching my head . Vauxhall have done 2 tests now because im trying my best to get the problem soughted and they tell me my head test is blue'er than the car, the second test has been done for most of the day with the engine running and they are assuring me its not the head / head gasket , . Ive noticed over the last few days, that when the coolant is at the right level before a journey the car runs beautyfully for as long as the journey lasts, ( 60 miles is the longest journey) but when you turn the engine off, leave the car for about 15 mins to half and hour / or over night even ,( ive constantly been observing the level between every journey also) When i check it after the journey and also if it has cooled the next day the level seems fine, but as soon as i go 100 yards or so on a second journey the coolant light comes on and the coolant level drops well belowe the kalt/cold mark, sometimes it only needs about half a pint and its fine but two days ago it drank two and a half litres of coolant . Ive checked the exhaust and it feels bone dry, ive check the floors for coolant leak from the heater matrix , it feels bone dry, i carnt see any wet patches on the floor outside the car or any water marks around the pipes or engine.
    Im wondering why vauxhall carnt sought this problem, surely there has to be an answer, at least i can now start to think of getting shut with a sought of clearish conshunce its not the head. Any feedback is greatly accepted , thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Signum

Trim : Sport

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 12/03

What sort of tests have Vauxhall performed to say the cooling system is OK? Try to visit a different garage that can do a pressure test. Preferably when the engine is COLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post
    What sort of tests have Vauxhall performed to say the cooling system is OK? Try to visit a different garage that can do a pressure test. Preferably when the engine is COLD!

hi celes, i dont think they,ve done anything to check the coolant system, apart from visual , ive had the expansion cap and tank changed and they've tested the head twice , i think its a gas test where they put a bottle with chemicals over the oil cap , Im going to phone Vauxhall first thing, Its hard to deal with them when they wont let me speak to the person/persons who's working on the vehicle , the lady at the reception who you have to explain the problem to , who then tries to translate to the mechanic, i dont think they know a fluffer valve from a wangle pin lol, but i think what you've just said makes more sense . Tomorrow ill get them to do the coolant presure test first thing from cold , and ill see where i go from there , next step after that ill seek another garage/ mechanic. thanks celes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused

Hello again all, hi celes , right ive had a compression test done on the coolant "from cold" and vauxhall still fail to find the fault, they are going to do another test when the engine is at running temp today, its been there 3 days now and im loosing faith in the mechanics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by carmadcarl View Post
    Hello again all, hi celes , right ive had a compression test done on the coolant "from cold" and vauxhall still fail to find the fault, they are going to do another test when the engine is at running temp today, its been there 3 days now and im loosing faith in the mechanics.
    They probably don't see many of those engines and don't have a clue what to look for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information